Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    100 is a lot. I've played since BC, and I only have 7 friends on my friends list.
    I suspect the friend list limit isn't going to change, so the best you can do is remove those who you don't talk to very often or those who no longer play.
    Retired WOW player
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 14

I too suffer this problem. I am a super social person, and love cross realm playing. But yeah, having the 100 friend cap is a huge pain. I've made a thread or two on the official forums, but not much attention is given to them. Seems frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Yeah they should cut the limit down to like 30. If you can't name them off the top of your head they are not a real friend.
    While realid privacy was sort of srs bizness, they seem to be promoting ways of weaving your social btag web. In Hearthstone, you get an option to btag friend your last played opponent. In WoW, you can right click them from the guild roster, or even just right click target them in-game. They're also making their own version of Oqueue in WoD and raiding is cross-realm (except for mythic), potentially up to 30 players.

They seem to be looking for ways to make their games more social, and I think they're going to keep promoting the btag system, for better or worse. The client is now like Steam, where you can chat with folks out of game.

I'm not really a social networking guy myself though, so I can't say I'm excited about it. A bigger friends list is likely though at some point.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2014-04-15 at 02:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GenaiTN View Post
    I've got about 15 at most...
    This is me. On the other hand, the majority of those people don't even get on anymore. So technically I have 5 mostly active friends on my list.

Personal experience doesn't let me add every single person I've had a recent raid with. Sorry just don't trust people. Hell, gave one person my RealID, and he's turned out to be a grade A asshole after four years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    The client is now like Steam, where you can chat with folks out of game.
    Which is a feature I like, because that was how a guildie found me and then bought me a month of game time.

It's hard to find 100 competent people I want to keep on my friends list so I don't see it as an issue. Those spamming OQ or social butterflies might want a bigger list though. I've got idk 60 "friends" on my tag and I would probably consider about 20 to be friends. Probably a bunch of "facebook" friends, but kudos if you actually have that many. (lol llort)
    Stay salty my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Yeah they should cut the limit down to like 30. If you can't name them off the top of your head they are not a real friend.
    You guys are acting like the people in your f lists are BFFs or something.

That's also where you put Btag friends who you met on openraid, or some guy you once dungeoned with who might be up for a heroic now and then, etc etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    Not really sure why people are tearing OP down over an arbitrary limit on the friends list.

This is true, but really, the limit is still pretty arbitrary. they don't put limits on guild rosters, for example. Why put limits on things like the bnet friends list, non-bnet friends list, or ignore lists?

It's all moot though, as you can totally send tells cross server without battle tag or realid by a good ole "/w xyz-TheServer y helo thur"
    They sure do limit the guild roster, it was 200 for a long time then bumped to 500 and is now at 1000. They have limits that they try to keep within reason for people but not force them to store and track useless info like somebodies 300th bnet friend from oQueue.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Just about every complaint I see about battle.net now stems from usage outside of what the system was designed for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone uses the Facebook term in this discussion... now it's stuck on my head with a situation where a player gets a Real ID announcement going, "Sup bro, just took a picture with my homies!" and then you like have a selfie of a defeated Arthas in the background, followed with 'Like's and comments. Heh.

But seriously, a game where you can run with 100 names is more than fine. As others have said, who even saves all the oQueue names? (I don't even use oQ, but I know friends who almost remove everyone they meet through there.

I do not see Blizzard needing to raise their count just because an addon needs more 'resources'.

But I do not agree with lowering the number either, 100 is just fine. That gives a bit of flexible reach for all.

Instead, increase the number of names we can block/ignore instead, heh.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Everyone uses the Facebook term in this discussion... now it's stuck on my head with a situation where a player gets a Real ID announcement going, "Sup bro, just took a picture with my homies!" and then you like have a selfie of a defeated Arthas in the background, followed with 'Like's and comments. Heh.

But seriously, a game where you can run with 100 names is more than fine. As others have said, who even saves all the oQueue names? (I don't even use oQ, but I know friends who almost remove everyone they meet through there.

I do not see Blizzard needing to raise their count just because an addon needs more 'resources'.

But I do not agree with lowering the number either, 100 is just fine. That gives a bit of flexible reach for all.

Instead, increase the number of names we can block/ignore instead, heh.
    More for ignore would be nice. I did notice that the battle.net launcher lets you favorite certain players, but it only exists within the launcher. Being able to separate groups of players would be nice and I assume the more avid user of oQ would benefit far more from such being able to separate varying levels of interests with those that are just added.

Even among my friends I would like to separate them. The weird thing is due to situations of my friends getting their lists wiped out all my close IRL friends are just on battle.net and not realID as it was a far more convenient way to add them.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2014-04-15 at 07:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know how people who've played this game since Real I.D became a thing can be happy with only 100 friends. Friends guildies and pvpers come and go all the time. Staying in touch through real i.d. is great, without OQ I have about 85-90 friends. I really would be happy with a higher cap, even if it was just by 50.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    More for ignore would be nice. I did notice that the battle.net launcher lets you favorite certain players, but it only exists within the launcher. Being able to separate groups of players would be nice and I assume the more avid user of oQ would benefit far more from such being able to separate varying levels of interests with those that are just added.

Even among my friends I would like to separate them. The weird thing is due to situations of my friends getting their lists wiped out all my close IRL friends are just on battle.net and not realID as it was a far more convenient way to add them.
    Huh.. I haven't noticed the favorite thing.. Gotta look at that a bit ^^
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Huh.. I haven't noticed the favorite thing.. Gotta look at that a bit ^^
    Top right corner click the icon with number of friends on. You can even search. I wouldnt be surprised with WoW being an older game and not designed with the battle.net involvement like SCII and DIII have been that it might be part of what is slowing down changes. I had a bunch of friends come back for DIII many who I used to play WoW with that even with the large friend list there are names hiding. Would be nice to move some of them to the top.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2014-04-15 at 08:27 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RaenavenBlacksun View Post
    This is me. On the other hand, the majority of those people don't even get on anymore. So technically I have 5 mostly active friends on my list.

Personal experience doesn't let me add every single person I've had a recent raid with. Sorry just don't trust people. Hell, gave one person my RealID, and he's turned out to be a grade A asshole after four years.
    Aye, likewise. Probably 5~ active ones and a few friends that might come back. /hope

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Top right corner click the icon with number of friends on. You can even search. I wouldnt be surprised with WoW being an older game and not designed with the battle.net involvement like SCII and DIII have been that it might be part of what is slowing down changes. I had a bunch of friends come back for DIII many who I used to play WoW with that even with the large friend list there are names hiding. Would be nice to move some of them to the top.
    Right, now that is nice... Next blizzard.. give WoW the chance to use Dye system *nods*

Right.. The favorite thing did catch attention now, haha

Friends list over 100? I couldn't care less as I don't use the Real ID friend feature at all.

What I really would like to see is a massive extension of the IGNORE cap. Presently I am using IGNORE MORE for this purpose.I ignore 10-15 new toons every day, mostly Gold Sellers, Gold for Gametime Sellers, Mount Sellers, Boost Sellers, BG Boost Sellers, and foreign language Guild Spammers (Finns and Swedes on my Scandinavian server).
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Deleted
    I wish i had that many friends

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    how do you fill a 25man raid with only 8 friends ?

oh, i guess you don't lead raids with friends on various servers ?
    One server, almost everyone in same guild. Mostly just real life friends on my bnet friend list.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know this thread is really old but anyway, I'm surprised so many think having 100+ friends is a lot. WoW's been out 10 years right? Raid, pvp, etc theres people you may want to keep around even if you only do something or talk with them rarely. I don't see why that's an issue. I agree that the cap should be increased a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 2 friends on battle.net.....
    Packers - Penguins - Gators