Deleted

FPS drops over time

Hello

I currently play TESO and i'm starting to get an FPS drop. Problem is that it doesn't happen in an instant, it happens over time (over a 1 minute period).

This hasn't always been an issue, since i had no FPS problems last night.

I honestly have no idea how to find my specs but i did find my computer on a review website.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/desktop...pecifications/

It should give most of the information about the computer.

I've changed nothing (counts for both software and hardware). The only thing i did was clean out the fan with a cotton swab. Could it have anything to do with the fps problems?

I'm really in the dark with this one, since i'm not very hardware savvy.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Genixis View Post
    Hello

I currently play TESO and i'm starting to get an FPS drop. Problem is that it doesn't happen in an instant, it happens over time (over a 1 minute period).

This hasn't always been an issue, since i had no FPS problems last night.

I honestly have no idea how to find my specs but i did find my computer on a review website.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/desktop...pecifications/

It should give most of the information about the computer.

I've changed nothing (counts for both software and hardware). The only thing i did was clean out the fan with a cotton swab. Could it have anything to do with the fps problems?

I'm really in the dark with this one, since i'm not very hardware savvy.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    Monitor your temperature, for example HWmonitor http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html
    PM me weird stuff :3

Deleted
    Thanks for the quick response

I tried checking the temperature while not running a game and while actually running one.

It does seem like it's the problem. It went from 30-35 to 37-43 degrees in no time at all so i'm guessing it's not a good thing. I checked my fan and it doesn't seem like there's anything wrong with it, but i have no idea what it's actually supposed to sound like (It's runs as it should, i guess?).

And let's just say that heating IS the problem, how can you fix something like that?.
    It has plenty of room to circulate air, i tried cleaning it (wich caused the problem to begin with).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Genixis View Post
    Thanks for the quick response

I tried checking the temperature while not running a game and while actually running one.

It does seem like it's the problem. It went from 30-35 to 37-43 degrees in no time at all so i'm guessing it's not a good thing. I checked my fan and it doesn't seem like there's anything wrong with it, but i have no idea what it's actually supposed to sound like (It's runs as it should, i guess?).

And let's just say that heating IS the problem, how can you fix something like that?.
    It has plenty of room to circulate air, i tried cleaning it (wich caused the problem to begin with).
    Download the HWmonitor, need both your CPU and GPU temps, play untill FPS starts dropping then alt tab and check your temps.
    Actually it's better if you get MSI Afterburner, it has a log with diagram so you can see how the temperature rises/drops.
    PM me weird stuff :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Does this happen with any other games? Or just ESO?

I'd honestly attribute this to ESO related issues and not hardware if it only happens with ESO.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis