Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorothyjean View Post
    You should read 1984 sometime. People misquote that book so much these days.
    I've only read some extracts, but meant the general idea of a big brother society... Don't know how correct it is relative to the entire book.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    The people that needs to keep your shady stuff in check you arent anonymous to: The police. Joe doe doesent need to have anyones personals informations. You walk on the street, random strangers dont have any informations about who you are.
    This is true. It's my personal opinion that I have no need to hide anything from anyone. I am proud of everything I am and how I represent myself. I'm sure it is not the majority of those who wish to remain 100% anonymous who are the ones acting as if the internet doesn't matter, and people on the internet don't have feelings (Cause it's "not real life") or whatever.

I do appreciate areas which have comments sections and forums for discussions which have report, or flag options. That has been quite a powerful tool. The problem is, there are many ways around that. You can simply create a new account. Or if you were IP Banned, you could simply spoof your IP address and continue harassing people.

I feel there should be a more real way to punish people from causing such disturbances. Doesn't have to be a financial thing, something to the extent of contacting your ISP and blocking your usage for a period of time.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobu Oshino View Post
    Congratulations on ignoring on how definitions change based on the context. Dumb in that context is the informal way of saying someone is stupid, idiot is synonymous with stupid. That is why it is an oxymoron.
    Dumb and idiot may be synonymous but they do not mean the same thing.

We don't say "what an oxymoron" when a person says "he had a great big fat belly" look we have 3 synonyms right there. The point being made here is emphasis, and you can use synonyms to emphasize something. It doesn't make it wrong or somehow contradictory to the point you're trying to make.

Where is the contradiction in "dumb idiot" to say it is an oxymoron? Saying that they are similar words and shouldn't be used together isn't pointing to any oxymoron.

Would you say calling a person a "stupid halfwit" a relatively common insult, is oxymoronic because the words are synonymous?
    Last edited by Themius; 2014-04-15 at 10:50 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    This is true. It's my personal opinion that I have no need to hide anything from anyone. I am proud of everything I am and how I represent myself. I'm sure it is not the majority of those who wish to remain 100% anonymous who are the ones acting as if the internet doesn't matter, and people on the internet don't have feelings (Cause it's "not real life") or whatever.
    Yes, that is in USA where you cant get mauled because of your political opinion, but in Sweden you can get seriously hurt by extremists if you are against mass immigration. So here it's just imposible to do the same, if you have different opinion about current politics you just cant say it out loud. Some people do, but now they have armed bodyguards all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man! Could you imagine if some kid under the age of 16 was service blocked by his ISP? For one, his parents would be furious. When they got the notice from their ISP, they would know why it happened and flip out. Also, his/her access to games and social media would be blocked, without being 100% connected like we are today, I don't think someone so young would know what to do with themselves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Dumb and idiot may be synonymous but they do not mean the same thing.

We don't say "what an oxymoron" when a person says "he had a great big fat belly" look we have 3 synonyms right there.

Where is the contradiction in "dumb idiot" to say it is an oxymoron? Saying that they are similar words and shouldn't be used together isn't pointing to any oxymoron.
    Ahh, yes my mistake indeed. It is not an oxymoron. It is actually redundancy.

I would totally watch a show like this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malenurse View Post
    Well, the thing is, you have to be anynomous in Sweden if you criticize the regime, because some people are ready to kill you just because if you dont agree with current regime. In fact couple of months ago some family man was attacked with a grenade just because he had account on avpixlat, just because he was registered to forum.
    Source, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobu Oshino View Post
    Ahh, yes my mistake indeed. It is not an oxymoron. It is actually redundancy.
    Redundancy is very common. We often use words that are similar to emphasize something, do we not? You were just mentioning that I wasn't paying attention to the changing of definitions, but then are you not paying attention to how we use synonyms to emphasize the points we're making?

Great big fat belly being one, stupid halfwit another, a large imposing foyer, a third.
    Last edited by Themius; 2014-04-15 at 10:54 PM.

Chelly
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Source, please.
    His ass.
    It would be all over the news if it actually happened.

Deleted
    And redundancy is a very common way we use words to emphasize something is it not? You were just mentioning that I wasn't paying attention to the changing of definitions, but then are you not paying attention to how we use synonyms to emphasize the points we're making?
    More confusing an oxymoron and redundancies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta say, I had no idea politics were such a blood sport in Sweden. Sounds kinda crazy, I figured they were far more laxed than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Malenurse View Post
    Yes, that is in USA where you cant get mauled because of your political opinion, but in Sweden you can get seriously hurt by extremists if you are against mass immigration. So here it's just imposible to do the same, if you have different opinion about current politics you just cant say it out loud. Some people do, but now they have armed bodyguards all the time.
    It's the same people who defend network activists in Syria, pretty sure the program leader Robert Aschberg is an old timer commy...
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

And redundancy is a very common way we use words to emphasize something is it not? You were just mentioning that I wasn't paying attention to the changing of definitions, but then are you not paying attention to how we use synonyms to emphasize the points we're making?
    Way to kick him while he's already down, Themius.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    Can't be down, I have the balls to admit my own mistakes, and a biggy that mistake was. We could go into an analysis of why "dumb idiot" is not the same as "great big belly" in the use of emphasis as well as sentence continuity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Gotta say, I had no idea politics were such a blood sport in Sweden. Sounds kinda crazy, I figured they were far more laxed than that.
    It's extremists at both sides. It's idiotic. As far as I know nobody has actually died as of yet due to an attack by any of them but it's bound to happen sooner or later.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Esdese View Post
    His ass.
    It would be all over the news if it actually happened.
    http://www.thelocal.se/20131218/bomb...-democrat-home
    Yea soz it was SD member, but well bomb attack is serious attack anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I'm not kicking. I just didn't see what it was the poster supposedly did wrong. It's a redundancy, but redundancies are common and aren't inherently wrong was my point.

English is such a flexible, almost poetic language.

10+ Year Old Account
    That irritates me. All what they OP listed isn't trolling. Real trolling the person doesn't know they are being trolled. The ones he linked are just people being arseholes.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Those trolls are lazy and should be shamed. That is the lowest form of troll. The best trolls are much more subtle.