Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So, a lot of Orc-themed armor and weapons thus far...

Which, honestly, I expected. However, some of the files imply that even the Challenge Mode gear will be Orc-themed, and that I'm not okay with. Coming off of a full year of Siege of Orgrimmar, I think the Orcish themes are already going to be fighting fatigue, but for Challenge Modes, I think it would be a poor choice -- particularly that MoP's CM's set the bar for Armor so high, in that most of the sets reflected the Class, not Pandaria specifically (though a few certainly did).

Again, though; for the leveling/questing rewards, it makes completely sense, along with Draenei influenced designs (and I'm eager to see more Arakkoa weapons, if there are any). I just worry, since several Blizzard artists are obviously huge fans of the Orcs' general aesthetic themes, the game might wind up with a bit of overkill. Hopefully that isn't the case, but it's definitely crossed my mind...

10+ Year Old Account
    Pfft. They're not Orc themed.

They're savage.

Ahaha, I agree though. It's bullshit.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt this'll be the end of the weapon models and it is Draenor. What did you expect
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, since 6.1 is going to be the last patch of the game ever ever ever and we'll never see another tier, obviously they want people to remember WoW as "that game with the orc shit."
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Considering how rubbish SoO warrior set was, I'm looking forward to proper savage style for my orc. Though he pulls off S11 just fine I'm starting to grow tired of it.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    AHH I'm tired of Orcs and their stupid new-age orgrimmar-with-spires bullcrap, not another whole expansion about this D:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Considering how rubbish SoO warrior set was, I'm looking forward to proper savage style for my orc. Though he pulls off S11 just fine I'm starting to grow tired of it.
    Take the mage set and weep in agony.

I'm amazed that you think the MoP CM armour sets were good. As a hunter during most of Mists and having gotten the set, just no. Thought the paladin set was awesome though.
    4/12/292277026596 15:30:08

I doubt challenge modes will stick with the theme of the expac. Look at MOP challenges, unrelated to the current storyline.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

The sword at most is orc-themed, but not even very much. I love that mace. It just screams heavy metal. New amazing DK weapons, finally. It certainly isn't just "orc themed".

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure the last expansion was about pandas and not orcs... but still we are getting some of the coolest art the game has seen since wrath let's just moan a little, shall we?

Deleted
    Well to be honest i was thinking recently the same.
    Just to give some clarification - for a lot of people savage themed = orc themed. The Iron Horde is savage. This is feeling is further increased by the story of WoD, which will be again for orcs, that Draenor from the past will be "savage" world. So to be honest in the current context orc and savage themes are covering way too much and i think people get confused. Still doesn't change the fact that so far we see way too much savage/orc themed weapons. Yes first raids will be most likely orc related.

Buti think the right question is "Where are the civilization/draenei themed weapons and armors?", and futher more since we will interact with the Arakoa too - "Where are
    and the arakoa themed weapons/armors?"

1) What is datamined at the moment is mostly generic skins for greens, etc.

2) I'm seeing a fair bit of Draenei themed gear too.

3) Not so much Orc as primitive with iron strapped on.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    However, some of the files imply that even the Challenge Mode gear will be Orc-themed
    Please show me this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bullbar View Post
    I'm amazed that you think the MoP CM armour sets were good. As a hunter during most of Mists and having gotten the set, just no. Thought the paladin set was awesome though.
    Totally subjective.

I adored the Rogue, Mage and Lock sets but thought all the plate sets were meh.

I thought Hunter was so-so until I saw it on a female Pandaren. Also looks great on male Worgen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    Buti think the right question is "Where are the civilization/draenei themed weapons and armors?", and futher more since we will interact with the Arakoa too - "Where are
    To be honest, the swords look like something Arrakoa-themed. The mace looks like something an Ogre would make. I don't think the gear looks terribly Orcish at all.

As for Draenei, I'm curious when gear for them might pop up. And if they'll stick with the whole glowing crystal theme or go another route.

Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    I didn't realize that the extremely limited amount of green quest gear and some crafted gear that has been datamined were the extent of all the weapon and item art in Warlords.
    4/12/292277026596 15:30:08

You think the weapons and armor are bad, wait until the garrisons end up looking like the iron keeps of Northrend. Honestly I'm sick and tired of all this "WE ORC! WE HAVE IRON! WE MAKE SPIKY! WE SMASH WITH SPIKY IRON!" crap they keep pumping out. If I had to choose between WotLK tier iron keeps for garrisons or for clay huts and stick towers, I'd probably go with the clay.

In the end, I'm sure I'll end up buying the forsaken or blood elf models they'll inevitably put on the blizz store.

Deleted
    Well, hope for more Draenei looking weapons, seen very few. And no one for my hunter. : (

Yes, I realize it's still early, so by no means am I passing judgement on the expansion as "Oh, it's all just Orc-themed stuff!". However, I think it would be foolish to say that it isn't just prominent, but almost universally represented. The Two-handed Mace and Sword on the front page, for example, have "DraenorChallenge_D" in their filename, implying they are rewards from Challenge Mode dungeons. While they both look awesome, they also both look the same; one is a Mace, and the other is a Sword, but the raw Orcish elements are there in full swing.

Now again, even if that *IS* the case, I wouldn't necessarily have a problem with it -- as long as it were regulated to a single reward. Warriors have been the Class that always dressed themselves for specific content, so having them collectively take up Orcish weaponry makes a certain amount of sense. I simply wonder how much diversity there will be, though, such as Death Knights or Paladins for example?

Again, though, this is all speculation on my part. Don't think that invalidates my concern, however.

Luckily Vanila-TBC-WotlK has many great sets and weapons to transmog and easily farmable...
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Deleted
    waiwaiwaiwaitasecond! different themes influence the artstyle of wow? can´t allow that can we? i mean how dare they give us orc themed weapons from orc themed raids/quests/zones and titan themed gear from titan themed raids and so on...
    seriously guys just chill. we will get appropriately themed weapon/armor skins like we always did. highmaul/ogre raid will come with ogre themed stuff, the orc raid will come with orc themed stuff and the arrakoa raid(you can´t deny that it will be the tot/firelands of wod ) will have arrakoa themed stuff
    (all aside from the fact that these weapons don´t really resemble orcish stuff and are not from the raids)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    Luckily Vanila-TBC-WotlK has many great sets and weapons to transmog and easily farmable...
    especially tbc leveling gear if you want to look like a clown

10+ Year Old Account
    It is funny how different peoples opinions of these armour sets are. The paladin set is pretty much the only CM set I don't like, actually I think it incredibly stupid!