Poll: Do you support "Gheld's Law"?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    So apparently another one of those corporate ass-kissing anti-piracy bills has been tabled in Canada again...

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/04...perts-worried/

So I was wondering who here would support a law that states any politician found complicit with actions taken in corporate interests that polling shows the general populace feels is to their detriment is guilty of treason?

Poll incoming.
    No.

Treason is punishable by death in the US anyway, seems like a harsh penalty for cronyism. Fines and penalties are enough, if the actions are criminal, however I would distrust poll numbers in general with regard to any national policy. If the populace feels that strongly on an issue petition for a national or state level referendum, depending on the issue and it's reach.

Just because some newspaper or polling group surveys a few thousand people (usually less) and finds that a number of them feel strongly about an issue is hardly a reason to create policy. A discussion maybe, but not a full blown national policy.
    Last edited by Raeph; 2014-04-18 at 10:12 PM.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    I voted yes, but "Treason" is too far. How about calling it what we called it for a century or more: "Bribery".

Just out of curiosity, what is treason punishable with in Canada?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what is treason punishable with in Canada?
    Life in prison or up to 14 years, depending what you mean by "treason". The term covers a few things.

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/a...e-15.html#h-13
    Last edited by Masark; 2014-04-19 at 01:49 AM.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

honestly piracy has been around for long before the internet was public available. cassette tapes, video tapes. All used to copy other tapes or record television and nobody made it an issue back then. The only difference now a days is the method.