Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Arrow Assassin's Creed

So, what is your favorite Assassin's Creed game and are you playing one now?
    My favorite one was Assassin's Creed III, even with the slow beginning.
    But now, it's Black Flag! Playing it today for the first time! It's really amazing looking on PC with highest settings on with VSync.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2014-04-16 at 06:06 PM.

AC: Brotherhood is my favorite. Not playing any right now.

I'm hoping the new one has interesting changes in gameplay as I feel the series has felt a bit stale. I did like the ship combat in Black Flag after a while but it didn't seem like an AC game to me (I missed the tomb puzzles).

10+ Year Old Account
    For nostalgia's sake, AC2 is my favorite. Ezio is still my favorite assassin.

But AC:BF was awesome and my number 2. I'll probably play it through again very soon.

I started playing the series when I was offshore a few months ago. I couldn't make it through the third (Brotherhood?). It felt so repetitive. II was my favorite and I absolutely loved the music. Just the idea of the same gameplay and same revenge story combined with binge gaming just completely deterred me...

I've only tried the first one so far and I've just not been able to get into it yet. the lack of subtitles really hurts the game, had to eavesdrop on a conversation by listening to a vent in a nearby room and couldn't make out a word, had to look up a transcript online
    gameplaywise there's some fun sequences but a lot of tedious bits inbetween
    I may give it another chance or I might just skip ahead in the series and try the next game, although I hate doing that

I think they have subtitles in Black Flag (I'll check)
    So far.. this game feels less repetitive and I'm very happy to not be having to play Desmond. Haha, yeah.
    The whole freedom on the sea is very part of the Black Flag and there is a lot more variety in what you can focus your time on

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually like Black Flag the most. I LOVE pirate shit, it's such a badass time period. AC2 is runner up for me though. I'm looking forward to the new one, French revolution sounds great.

10+ Year Old Account
    AC: Brotherhood was my favorite as well. I liked actually running the guild and wished they did more with that. My most memorable part from the game is sitting on a bench, evesdropping on a couple of marks. After I got the information, I do the whistle thing and watch as my Assassins leap out and take care of business. They go running off followed by guards, I casually stand up and walk off in the opposite direction. Best part of the game.

I would also note that the first AC gets FAR too little respect. It was pretty awesome and Altair was a good character.

AC2 though Black Flag was also really good.

10+ Year Old Account
    AC2/AC:B and to a certain degree Revelations is my favourites in that series, AC3 and AC1 have a number of issues but Black Flag is a decent game.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    AC: Brotherhood was my favorite as well. I liked actually running the guild and wished they did more with that. My most memorable part from the game is sitting on a bench, evesdropping on a couple of marks. After I got the information, I do the whistle thing and watch as my Assassins leap out and take care of business. They go running off followed by guards, I casually stand up and walk off in the opposite direction. Best part of the game.
    I have to agree, I enjoyed brotherhood far more than an of the others. Recruiting my assassins, leveling them up, doing the little side things for the brothel, mercs, and theives was quite fun and rewarding when completed. Combat system was much improved from 1 and 2. The Borgias were good characters too. Definatly the best in the series imo.

AC2 is my favourite one, and brotherhood comes close. Didnt really care for revelations that much. AC1 and black flag are at the bottom of my list. AC1, because you know, repetitive as hell, and black flag because i didnt like the ship part that much (the sea combat got boring for me after like 2-3 fights).

Really looking forward to the new one though. Unity or w/e it was called.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Po View Post
    So, what is your favorite Assassin's Creed game and are you playing one now?
    My favorite one was Assassin's Creed III, even with the slow beginning.
    But now, it's Black Flag! Playing it today for the first time! It's really amazing looking on PC with highest settings on with VSync.
    Has to be Assassin's Creed II

Deleted
    Brotherhood is still easily the best for me, although I enjoyed all of them except for 1.

The order would be something like: Brotherhood > 2 > Black Flag > Revelations > 3 > 1

Playing at sea is also insanely fun, looks great too.

Black Flag has to be my favorite. I love the pirate era in history. And overall it's just a fun game.

This is why I love Black Flag the most:

Last edited by Master Po; 2014-04-21 at 04:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    AC: Brotherhood is probably my favourite, because... Ezio...

But Black Flag comes in SUPER close... like INSANE close, if they'd had the Glyph/Rift minigame puzzles in BF, it'd probably have been my favourite.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I'm curious how the next Assassin's Creed will be, especially if you do not have ships and seas to play with, it gave me much pleasure.

I used to like the series but over the years I've grown tired of how little the iterations evolve and I feel like I'm playing the same game over and over again. Black Flag broke it up a bit and was pretty good overall but I felt like exploring was very unrewarding and ultimately a waste of time. I'm not sure I could really pick a favorite, but it certainly wouldn't be the original. 2 through 4 are worlds apart from that crap.