Hacked - how long?

Hi guys!

I was just wondering, after putting in a ticket for restoration on my account after it's been hacked (they didn't change the password/email or anything, just sold/deleted my gear and the general hacking business), how long does it usually take?
    I understand it's easter bank holidays for EU now, but I see on the forums a blue has posted on topics today, so they have people still working I assume.

Also, can I log onto my account and play one of my characters while I wait for it to be investigated, or is it best off just leaving it for today while they look into it?

Thanks

Im not sure if they will let you play on that account once it got hacked, as they need to check alot of stuff on your account while doing so.
    And the respond depends on well yeah if they have people on eu servers working atm, but most of the time its about a few hours , or you could talk to the live chat they have added maybe by doing that get your stuff back faster

My account got hacked around 4 years ago and it took just one day to get all my gear and gold back. And I am pretty sure it have become faster nowadays And of course they will let you play your account immediately, they can still investigate your account even if you play with it.
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Prediator View Post
    My account got hacked around 4 years ago and it took just one day to get all my gear and gold back. And I am pretty sure it have become faster nowadays And of course they will let you play your account immediately, they can still investigate your account even if you play with it.
    Its just most of the time when they see the account has been hacked they lock it down for a while to check it out. And while they do that they want the account owner to change pass and all that

After you have claimed the account via customer support and they have restored your access, you can start playing again. You'll get your stuff back in the mail over the next 24-48 hours.

Spoke to a blue on Blizz forums. He said I can log in no problem if I wish - and the bank holidays don't stop GM's working, it's all 365 days a year stuff.
    Live chat also isn't available for hackings, cause they need to investigate
    But hopefully it won't be long!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was hacked about three years ago. I called CS and they got everything back to me within a few hours.

I just received an e-mail to change my password again (which I did not request as I've already changed it once) AND now my WoW account is locked.
    Is this customer service working on it for me, or is there potential to being hacked again, even though I've changed my e-mail account (made a brand new one JUST for WoW), scanned my system (clean), and added an authenticator and text message alerts (which I didn't get an alert of someone trying to log in).

I haven't received an update on my service ticket, which I'd assume I would if they were working on it - or do I just get an update when it's fixed?

- - - Updated - - -

Fixed now, everything's back yeey. Can close