Deleted

Exclamation Please update the Alterac Valley trinket in WoD...

I'm sick of losing 90% of Alterac Valley battlegrounds on my Horde character. We always lose because no one is defending and this trinket would actually help if it had stats good enough for level 90/100.

Of course you can still use the level 60 version but you know that no one is doing that.

It would be really cool if Blizzard would update this trinket in WoD. People would actually be able to teleport back and defend their base because it takes around 5-10 minutes to come back to your base if you're in the far north/south and in that time you can actually lose the battleground.

Another solution would be for people to just purchase the trinket and keep it in their bags and when the time comes equip it and use it?
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    Another solution would be for people to just purchase the trinket and keep it in their bags and when the time comes equip it and use it?
    Too much effort. I have 10 kids, 20 wives and 8 jobs. I do not have TIME to play this game.

Why bother? As a terrible trinket for anyone but a tank, no one would use it even if it WAS updated to level 100.

A better option would be to permanently bake the trinket functionality into the character after you complete the quest that rewards the trinket. Reward it as a spell in your spell book (similar to a guild perk or something), or simply add it to the UI in the Special Action button slot whenever you are in an AV instead. Heck, we still dont know exactly how "ToyBox item effects" are going to be triggered, so if the AV Trinket ends up qualifying as an item for the Toy Box tab, you might be able to trigger it just like any other spell regardless.

Or add the teleport functionality on to the Stormpike and Frostwolf Tabards. The developers have said they liked that idea.

It needs to be done. It's unreasonable to expect players to equip a 40 level out of date trinket and lose all the stats - defensive or offensive - for simply wanting to defend their base.

The trinket would not make horde magically start defending. That said, I would like to see it updated, that and the other quests for AV, they were a pretty fun way to get your new max lvl toon a weap and get your pvp footsies wet.

waste of time players do not defend to win the game. . . .they just w8 to loose and que up again.

Could put the port in the vanity tab. If they think that's too powerful, make it harder to obtain maybe?

But yeah, won't save you as Horde in AV haha. Not unless they remove blacklisting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zervek View Post
    Too much effort. I have 10 kids, 20 wives and 8 jobs. I do not have TIME to play this game.
    The fact that your avatar is a goblin made that comment so hilarious...

Don't think it'll help horde in AV, as you'd still probably lose on reinforcements due to towers being destroyed/undefended. There are lots of ways Horde could start winning AV, but the player base doesn't adept. Anyone doing AV would realise this.

On EU realms during cata when i played Alliance mostly, the Horde german realms mused to be amazing at crushing Alliance in AV. All of their own towers would be defended and all ally towers would be destroyed. Was always an easy win for them, as alliance knew nothing except run to the end.

Personally, it's far easier to just blacklist it and not deal with it anymore.
    Last edited by Xucuroz; 2014-04-17 at 01:00 AM.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

Deleted
    I have seen precisely one horde ever using this (a Russian premade troll).

It is a minor inconvenience switching trinkets and re-equipping it. I do it all the time.
    People will not use it. I doubt most of them ever visit uninstanced Alterac these days.

In any case Blizzard will not provide a high-level trinket obtainable this way, they
    treat old content like the plague and they barely understand how it works anymore.

I think the best thing to do would be to make it a toy so it just becomes a spell you can use rather than trinket you have to put on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    I think the best thing to do would be to make it a toy so it just becomes a spell you can use rather than trinket you have to put on.
    Yeah that's a great idea. I'd actually make a formal suggestion to that effect.