Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Sirloin for me; anywhere from medium-rare to well-done is perfect to me, in spite of what the anti-well-done snobs decree. I've heard a lot of people say that rib-eye is the best; yet every cut i've had has always been too fatty for my liking.
    That fat is actually why rib-eye is so well regarded and more expensive than sirloin. It's called marbling, the fat that runs in the meat enhance the flavor and makes it more juicy and tender than sirloin. I could understand how people may not like it as I have met a few who legitimately dislike the taste of fat.

Sirloin on the other hand is considered one of the lower quality cuts of meat because it is almost entirely muscle and thus typically pretty tough, especially cooked well done. I consider well done sirloin practically inedible myself.

My personal favorite cut of meat is rib eye, not because it's the best cut of meat but because it is a great cut of meat but still in the range of what I consider to be acceptable affordability for a food item.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Flank Steak marinated properly for at least 24 hours.

Ribeye for me. Well done, preferably on a charcoal grill with light seasoning. I usually don't care for steak sauce (if it's cooked/seasoned right, you don't need any...though I do like steak sauce on burgers). I don't want to see any pink or blood in it.

Guinness to go with it is also a plus. Well done ribeye + garlic mashed potatoes + Guinness = awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    Ribeye for me. Well done, preferably on a charcoal grill with light seasoning. I usually don't care for steak sauce (if it's cooked/seasoned right, you don't need any). I don't want to see any pink or blood in it.

Guinness to go with it is also a plus.
    Why do people seem to love that stout so much outside Ireland? It's a terrible, terrible stout :/

Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    Why do people seem to love that stout so much outside Ireland? It's a terrible, terrible stout :/
    /shrug. It's all I know, and I've developed a taste for it. I'm open to suggestions if you want to point out something better (that I can easily obtain in the US, of course). Have also tried Murphy's and like it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    /shrug. It's all I know, and I've developed a taste for it. I'm open to suggestions if you want to point out something better (that I can easily obtain in the US, of course). Have also tried Murphy's and like it.
    Samuel Smith's oatmeal stout is really great.

Try something other than the dry stouts, especially Irish ones. They're so mass produced they lack a lot of the body and flavour that really good stouts achieve.

Beef Tri-tip. Rodizio will always be my favorite restaurant for introducing me to it.
    For the midcores:
    Quote Originally Posted by Uricidea View Post
    Needing the trappings of success to last forever is selfish and childish.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    If you want Blizzard to make the game hard for you then you have to make your position the majority position. Oh wait, you don't want the majority in your sandbox because you want to be a special snowflake.... guess you are screwed.

Yeah, it is way too watery for my taste. It isn't as bad on tap as it is from a can, but it still isn't that great.

Vegan for life who's with me?

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    Vegan for life who's with me?
    Think you're on your own there

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Antelopes?
    Mmm, Antelopes.

Little bit of salt, coupla tatties... I think were onto something here.
    Mange tout, lightly fried in browned butter and garlic.

(those are mange tout)

Steady on, any more shrubbery and we'll have to invite Haywire.
    Not if we cook with butter we won't. Despite butter being the end-product of making cows happy and comfortable, vegans don't use it.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Favorite cut of meat for what?

Charcoal grill- Delmonico steaks.
    Propane grill- Beef ribs.
    BBQ- Baby back ribs with a dry rub.
    Pan cooked- Tri-tip roast marinated in a mixture of dejone and soy sauce.
    ...the list goes on.

"Pork Picnic", a.k.a. the shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I just dont like the rubbery texture of fat. Especially those hard thick white veins of it that go through the steak
    That kind is fine. It melts away and isnt rubbery. Im talking about those thicker white fat like in a ribeye or delmonico
    Yeah, the hard, inedible fat is unappealing. That shouldn't really be present on a good cut that's been prepared well, even if it's a fatty cut.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd call it mediocre rather than bad. You can easily do a lot better, but it's a thing. Kind of like Oreos. An objectively shitty cookie, but a thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Mmm, Antelopes.
    Kind of tough for my tastes. I like game pretty well, but the only time I had antelope, it was just kind of like mediocre venison. Maybe it wasn't the best cut or preparation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    "Pork Picnic", a.k.a. the shoulder.
    Shoulder's probably my favorite sandwich meat in the world. Hard to beat it for juiciness.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Sirloin for me; anywhere from medium-rare to well-done is perfect to me, in spite of what the anti-well-done snobs decree. I've heard a lot of people say that rib-eye is the best; yet every cut i've had has always been too fatty for my liking.
    Ask them if they would like their meat with a side of parasites. That usually does that trick :P

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Ask them if they would like their meat with a side of parasites. That usually does that trick :P
    The thing is I don't even dislike meat cooked rare/medium rare by all means. Each level of cooking has its charms to me, and I find Well-Done to taste good in its own right with certain cuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    If meat has parasites in it, the abattoir needs shutting down and the vet that signed off on the consignment needs firing.

not much of a cow person. i prefer swine! mmm, boneless pork chops!