Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    To me the best part of Cata was the old world revamp and questing update. Every new character I make experiences these things so it's not like I'm missing my favorite part of the expansion.
    Is this where the header goes?

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    I wouldn't have minded the old world change if there had just been a bronze dragon lurking in every zone just to let you access the vanilla stuff. Worked well enough for Dustwallow Marsh.

Launch Heroics were challenging and pretty time consuming. At the time I enjoyed them but yeah, those 1.5+ hour HoO and Grim Batol pugs. Shame really considering they were some of the best designed dungeon mechanics the game has seen. End of WotLK really spoiled the player base when it came to Heroic Dungeons.
    I was once in Deadmines for over 5 hours. Not joking. And I loved it!

But after a few weeks everyone had enough gear that they weren't such a problem, and then the nerfs rendered the point moot. Which is fine because while I liked super hard heroics, it would've been a drag to have to do them week after week just to VP cap. And then ZG and ZA came along, and they were really cool and also really challenging. I only have one complaint, and that's the fact they put them on separate queues. That was a really bad call.

Then at the end we got HoT heroics, which were well designed but easy. I didn't mind though, I'd had enough of hard heroics by then and had better things to do.

So apart from the ZA/ZG lockout issue I have a really high opinion of Cata heroics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Little has changed.

I look back very fondly on Cata as it was bad enough to get me to quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Baneador View Post
    Blizzard killed Cataclysm, they killed it, burned dit, smashed it, drowned it, burned it again and pooped in it. THANKS DRAGON SOUL!! WORST PATCH EVER, WORST RAID EVER.
    I like DS better than either of the AQs.

I also like DS better than BT. Yeah, you heard me. Huge instance full of square rooms that all look the same with a black on black scheme and way too much trash, with only a few interesting bosses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Cataclysm wasn't that long ago. Plus, people hated Cata for some reason. I thought it was a good expansion but it was the expansion that I raided the least in. I barely raided at all.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by crunk View Post
    lets be real here, even spine heroic was a "joke". guilds without big rosters sat around at 6/8 for months waiting for nerfs and/or full bis to make it plausibly killable at which point the last two fights rolled over and died.
    I've always heard the opposite, especially from interviews with guilds competing for world's first. Spine was suppose to be insanely tight on requirements so much that it was the only "true challenge of the raid."
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    Because cata suck ?
    Pretty much. Cata was a terrible expansion in general. Uninspired, boring, and forgettable.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

10+ Year Old Account
    coz cata was shit and caused loss of subs in the millions

how can you feel nostalgia for an expac which caused millions of people to unsub?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I've always heard the opposite, especially from interviews with guilds competing for world's first. Spine was suppose to be insanely tight on requirements so much that it was the only "true challenge of the raid."
    thats exactly what im talking about though. the world first guilds can say stuff like that because they had a bajillion alt mages and rogues with a bajillion legendaries to meet the requirements. for the rest of us plebeians the fight wasn't "insanely tight" on requirements it was "impossible to do" for months due to comp issues. and, honestly, im not opposed to gear gating in a raid tier but the tier has to be longer than 8 bosses for it to not feel terrible. once they nerfed the tendons and the 5% nerf came out the fight was barely a challenge.
    Last edited by crunk; 2014-04-17 at 05:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Cata was considered the worst expansion in WoW.
    You're thinking of WotLK.

Because it was only last expansion. People were shitting on WotLK when it was only an expansion removed.

It's still popular to hate Cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Because it was only last expansion. People were shitting on WotLK when it was only an expansion removed.
    Uh, I distinctly remember the community pining for Wrath during Cata.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

10+ Year Old Account
    Mainly because it sucked. It was by far the least popular expansion to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Cause it was a terrible expansion....

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    I remember in Wrath nearly everyone was complaining about the game being utter bs and how it was catered to casuals, the heroics were aoe fests... anyone could do ten man pugs like scrubs... welfare gear...
    Then Cata was met with you guys must be Wrath babies.
    Then Herioc T11 broke its foot off in a lot of guilds arses.
    Then Tentacle Soul really left everyone unsatisified, I think. I think people were expecting a massive epic battle against Deathwing, instead we fought some tentacles protruding out of him, that were trying to do horrible things to our belf/human/dranei females... all the orc, tauren, and dwarf women naturally hated it more for not being objectified.
    But really I know a fair number of people who miss Cata, mainly because MoP hasn't been so friendly to their guilds, and they lost more of the social aspect of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crunk View Post
    thats exactly what im talking about though. the world first guilds can say stuff like that because they had a bajillion alt mages and rogues with a bajillion legendaries to meet the requirements. for the rest of us plebeians the fight wasn't "insanely tight" on requirements it was "impossible to do" for months due to comp issues. and, honestly, im not opposed to gear gating in a raid tier but the tier has to be longer than 8 bosses for it to not feel terrible. once they nerfed the tendons and the 5% nerf came out the fight was barely a challenge.
    We had a 10 man roster we rarely budged from... We also included a boomkin in that ten man roster... He always felt bad when the armor plate came up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait for next expac... same with wrath... people put so much hate on it during cata... and everyone still call vanila the best time durig wow's lifetime... when it was not better to the slightest. People have this mentality that WoW was better, if it was so much better, and you dislike it, you could always unsub.

People fail to remember the bad things from a few years ago. That's why music was "so much better in the old days" and how vanila was so "great" and cata was so "bad".

Just look up posts around 2012 how all the wrath hate posts were predominant on these forums. Nothing changed...

Either Cataclysm is still too recent or no one really made any memories worth remembering during its reign. It's a little bit of both for me. I've only just finished my Cataclysm achievements, and I leveled 6 1-90's during MoP, most of which is spent in Cataclysm content, so it is still very fresh in my mind. WotLK was the end of a chapter and Cata was the beginning of a new chapter; of which are still turning to the third page. I think it's fair that Cataclysm has little to no nostalgia for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    When the Wrath and BC eras respectively ended, people always went on about how fun and epic they were, the good times and all that jazz. Cataclysm on the other hand receives no positive reminiscing, and when I do talk to some people about it, its usually contempt for the PVP and Dragon Soul.
    Because for many of us who played from the beginning, Cata was not a positive experience. I can look back on vanilla, TBC, and Wrath and recall fond memories as well as negative ones. For Cata and MoP, I have very little positive to say. Cata changed everything moreso than any expansion before it and MoP took it even farther. Not everyone welcomes change, especially when it's just change for the sake of change and not actually making anything better.