Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Atheism everywhere.
    heh, I doubt that. Well at least in 3rd world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    It sure would be nice if we could not worry about it, wouldn't it? However, there's still far too many people who think their opinion matters when it comes to others' relationships, so we still need to be concerned with issues of relationships and sexuality. We still need to fight for that cause.

It's also about more than just sex. It's about simply being accepted and allowed to be who you want to be, rather than shunned and ridiculed (and assaulted in some cases) for being different.
    That's not a cause I'll ever support. Not every little perversion and deviance needs to be outed and celebrated and shoved in the public's face. I won't force my views or values on anyone, but I also won't lift a finger to help weirdos and deviants get their validation.

Deleted
    From a swedish perspective, I think that weed (and other light drugs) will be accepted.

On a global perspective, I think that almost everything that has to do with sexuality, may it be being gay, transgender, polygamy, whatever, will be accepted. Exclude ofc the bad ones, like pedofiles etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    With that logic, how come there are several sites dedicated to religion?
    Logic being having acces to more information leads societys away from religion I don't really follow what you mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Three pages in and the atheism crowd has to take it over, what a shock!

Science advancement will make certain things more acceptable, dna profiling and the like in babies I would hope within 20 years.
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Atheism everywhere.
    It's the next logical step in human evolution.
    Won't reach poor countries in a while since they need religion to cope with their crappy lives :d
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post

Science advancement will make certain things more acceptable, dna profiling and the like in babies I would hope within 20 years.
    It must be hard for you now that science killed god.

Don't start that
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-04-17 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    You must be euphoric, fedoralord.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sience didn't kill god.. It disproved he ever existed...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Like using evidence to disprove beliefs?

Also funny that you think "the atheism crowd" is taking over this thread, when 90% of it is about sexual orientation. I do see the decline of religion, and the advancement in equality, as two things that will happen in most western countries though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Autism.

Seems to be on a good way in many countries.

15+ Year Old Account
    artificial limbs/enhancements

augmented reality

would be my guesses
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Advances in the treatment and analysis of mental health conditions, more in-depth understanding of how medication actually works and affects the brain specifically and adolescent onset of severe mental health conditions; Specifically relating to developmental stimuli & better understanding of the hereditary risk posed by said people reproducing.

I could also see "eugenics" becoming more prevalent in our society, as we can already screen for multiple conditions that most wannabe parents would instantly abort; But in this case, it'd be society practicing it themselves and not having it forced upon them as before via the state (When it was considered a respectable science).
    Last edited by mmoc1aca3196c5; 2014-04-17 at 12:00 PM.

Frankly I don't think tatoos are becoming more acceptable, I have noticed quite the opposite, with more employers not liking them on there employees at all, including the US military.
    I would agree with this. Tattoos seem to go in and out of style, at least in American culture. You'll see a lot of everyday people sporting one now, but in a few years, it'll turn back into only the "weird" people having them. It may be a generational thing. Of course, in 20 years, there could be a much cheaper and less painful way to remove tattoos, making them practically temporary tattoos. I could see them being very popular with the young people that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Drug usage(at least weed) and prostitution will be widely accepted in the 1st and 2nd world countries I presume...

10+ Year Old Account
    Homosexuality, abortions and atheism is already pretty much accepted in my country so I imagine weed is the next logical step up the ladder.

10+ Year Old Account
    \

No, I personally do not go to church or have those beliefs. I am just not a rabid asshole about it on forums

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rangz View Post

On a global perspective, I think that almost everything that has to do with sexuality, may it be being gay, transgender, polygamy, whatever, will be accepted. Exclude ofc the bad ones, like pedofiles etc.

Those were all considered "Bad ones" 50 years ago (And more recently)

I am not trying to slippery slope this, but things change over time obviously, what is "Bad" now will be more accepted later most likely. Time marches on.
    You're a towel.

Deleted
    \

No, I personally do not go to church or have those beliefs. I am just not a rabid asshole about it on forums
    Well that escalated quickly... I admit i did chuckle though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure what you are trying to say. I am sick of coming into every single thread and seeing 2-3 "Atheists" screaming about there atheism over and over.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Atheism is already everywhere in EU and it's not evolution it's just having access to internet.
    Everywhere is not Europe, everywhere is the world.
    And it is an evolution when you stop believing as a species in something that cavemen believed in.

It's funny to accuse the atheist when the past 3 page mention taboos than are almost entirely forced and condemned by religion.