Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    Children dying because you disagree with their parents is never even remotely funny.
    Who said it was funny?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    While I agree it's not as not as important as the others, it's good to keep in mind that less than 100 years ago the Sapnish Flu took out 3-5% of the populations, and with the world being much more interconnected now than it was in the early 1900's those numbers could be much higher if another flu pandemic happened. I'd rather be safe than sorry.
    Influenza is a much more complicated illness to judge a pandemic of than something like Pertussis, which is "bacteria grows in lungs, bacteria makes you cough, Newton's third law sends you flying backwards into the morgue".

Typically only children and elderly die of the Influenza virus itself; while late teens and adults die from their immune response to the virus. And now methods and drugs exist to treat severe causes of hypercytokinemia, so deaths in the healthy population due to Influenza are at an all time low.

And Herd immunity is hard to argue with Influenza considering it's short evolutionary cycle, and the unproven efficacy of the vaccine as a result, and the fact that so many strains are going around that it's a game of "Guess which strains will be common this year."

The end result is that people end up with Influenza because they get the annual shot and think "lol I don't need to be careful around people who look sick because I'm immune." and spread it around because their sense of immunity makes them cavalier about their hygiene.

Which is why I argue that Flu vaccine should be done on a more targeted basis; focused on high risk individuals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    The end result is that people end up with Influenza because they get the annual shot and think "lol I don't need to be careful around people who look sick because I'm immune." and spread it around because their sense of immunity makes them cavalier about their hygiene.

Which is why I argue that Flu vaccine should be done on a more targeted basis; focused on high risk individuals.
    Actual data suggests otherwise.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Rustweaver View Post
    Article aside, anti-vax nutjobs should be charged with some kind of criminal offense for the endangerment of society. They're the reason we're seeing a resurgence of Measles within North America and abroad.
    I know someone personally that's against them, mother of 2 or 3 young boys(I forget) and currently pregnant again. She isn't even slightly open to the idea of vaccinating, and it drives me nuts, because she has no real reason to be against it. Seems like she just doesn't want to just for the sake of not wanting to.

The whole thing just makes me angry. I'm all for people making their own decisions for them and their families but there is a real problem with not getting kids vaccinated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillah View Post
    The whole thing just makes me angry. I'm all for people making their own decisions for them and their families but there is a real problem with not getting kids vaccinated.
    Anti-vax people are increasingly pushing my opinion on the matter towards "Oh, fuck it. Hand me that syringe gun."

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Anti-vax people are increasingly pushing my opinion on the matter towards "Oh, fuck it. Hand me that syringe gun."
    This is one of my more controversial views. I'm fine with forced vaccination. (As sad as it is that I have to say that I clearly don't mean people who are immunocompomised, allergic, or would otherwise have legit complications from said vaccination).
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dear Anti vaxxers who think it causes Autism.

Fuck you.

Note this isn't towards anyone in this thread who has posted so far.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Dear Anti vaxxers who think it causes Autism.

Fuck you.

Note this isn't towards anyone in this thread who has posted so far.
    It can if you want it to be darling. Anything for you.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    The whole anti-vax movement is just baffling. There is a mountain of evidence that shows that the science the platform is based off of was made up and has no actual basis in fact. Yet it is still clinged too like gospel.

Then there is the whole "big pharma/evil government" conspiracy side to it which....yeah. God forbid people actually use their brain cells to realize how stupid they sound.
    The problem as far as I can tell is that most of these folks aren't interested in the truth. They grabbed a belief from the ether and will do everything in their cognitive power to keep it true, no matter how unfounded it is. I made the fool mistake of attempting to engage my sister's friend, a mother of two, to correct her wildly inaccurate (she was posting articles from whale.to) ideas. I made a very long, detailed, and thorough post. I cited the CDC, the WHO, the AAP, and even a damn mommy blog. I made sure to include a myths/faq section.

All my work was met with a picture of a needle with some text that said mercury and aluminum are bad. She didn't read a goddamn thing I wrote. The only upside is that, before the thread was deleted, a whole mess of other people got on her case. Maybe if she hears it often enough and from enough angles she'll rethink her position.

I should add that she said, "I don't trust the CDC because of all the bad things they let in our food." Because it's sad and hilarious. You can really tell who flunked their research papers in high school.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    This thread is now about how when I click the link i get this..

There are really news sites like this?
    WTF, 7? I got 2, and I've never even been to that site before >.> I call shenanigans!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

15+ Year Old Account
    I did a search for "mercury" and the only hit I got was a post explaining about how some bimbo made an argument that mercury was bad, and not actually an argument from the anti-vax crowd about mercury being in vaccines. I'm proud of MMO-C for once.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you miss the part where I said that I agree with keeping them out of the schools?
    I thought agreed we were sending the elective non-vaccinated (i.e. the people who COULD get vaccinated but refuse to because "OMG AUTISM") to Polio Island?
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    It can if you want it to be darling. Anything for you.
    You're not a gal. Sorry. No homo.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Did you miss the part where I said that I agree with keeping them out of the schools?
    I missed the part where you stated your actual opinion rather than simply trying to stir up another thread.

Because of those anti-vaccination campaigns there's been measles outbreaks in children. It's not some pseudo-science; it's peer-reviewed articles that are validated again and again and has saved millions (if not billions) of lives. I'm surprised they haven't been put in place earlier.

I don't agree with the 'mandatory' part. Is this for public schools only? does Canada have private schools? and are private schools obligated to do this as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the states has done 2/3 for a while now.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post
    I don't agree with the 'mandatory' part. Is this for public schools only? does Canada have private schools? and are private schools obligated to do this as well?
    Public schools only, we do have private schools but I've never seen or heard of anyone going to one.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Rustweaver View Post
    Article aside, anti-vax nutjobs should be charged with some kind of criminal offense for the endangerment of society. They're the reason we're seeing a resurgence of Measles within North America and abroad.
    Agreed. Anti-vax parents should all be charged with child endangerment.

Fantastic. America should require vaccinations in public schools. If anti vaccinators don't like it they can go somewhere else.
    Last edited by the game; 2014-04-19 at 01:28 AM.