They had better add Aarakoa/Ogre Archaeology, not just Orc Clans!

Unless I missed it, reading over the datamined info so far for archaeology only shows that they have sub-sets of Orc Clans that you can do archaeology surveys for.

I'm a little worried that Archaeology in WoD is going to focus primarily on Orc culture and, once again, ignore the Ogre and Aarakoa Archaeology potential. It's especially worrisome since it's clear that this new generation of Aarakoa will be more culturally advanced than the previous ones from BC.

And what about the Draenei? Do they not get an archaeology "clan" in WoD as well?

I mean, say what you will of Pandaria archaeology, at launch it was distinctly divided between Mogu and Pandaren when it could've been distinctly Pandaren-driven. :P

Now I'm rather hoping that if these other cultures don't make it into launch that perhaps they'll include them in post like they did with Mantid Archaeology - so long as they add them is all that matters to me.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Ogre Empire Relic was also datamined. I hope they add some pets and mounts this time. MoP didn't have any.
    Last edited by The Flavour Cat; 2014-04-21 at 12:50 PM.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Additional races could be added later on? Mantid weren't available at launch.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    The Ogre Empire Relic was also datamined. I hope they add some pets and mounts this time. MoP didn't any.
    Sweet! Thanks for that find! That's good news to me! ^_^

Yeah, the actual rare find rewards from MoP were pretty lackluster. I was stunned to see not a single pet or mount - and basically 1 toy. This is especially weird since they clearly allow you to trade Archaeology pets...

Though I'll admit the museum and other stuff was really cool. ^_^

15+ Year Old Account
    I just started on MoP content so I haven't done much archaeology yet, but from what I've seen it is more or less the same old stuff. But if there is no potential mount or cool epics, I hope at least they add more variety of things in WoD. There's no reason why there wouldn't be both Ogre and Arakoa. Can pretty much guarantee that Arakoa Spires or whatever that zone is will focus on Arakoa archaeology.
    For the Alliance!

My Warcraft lore has been fuzzy, but I don't believe the is much reason for Draenei Archaeology since they have recently arrived on Draenor. Regardless if Dreaenei have been on Draenor long enough to for Archaeology to make sense, I would much rather have Aarakoa or Orgre Archaeology than Dreaenei. They have to have more than just Orc Archaeology since it seems like a lot of people are getting burned out on Orcs and stuff Orc-related (Thanks SoO!).
    World of Warcraft: Level 60 Blood Elf Holy Paladin

I wish they would turn archaeology into something beyond a slot machine arm that you pull over and over in hopes of getting a "rare" artifact.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spellbraker View Post
    My Warcraft lore has been fuzzy, but I don't believe the is much reason for Draenei Archaeology since they have recently arrived on Draenor. Regardless if Dreaenei have been on Draenor long enough to for Archaeology to make sense, I would much rather have Aarakoa or Orgre Archaeology than Dreaenei. They have to have more than just Orc Archaeology since it seems like a lot of people are getting burned out on Orcs and stuff Orc-related (Thanks SoO!).
    While they are placeholders, we have relics for the Frostfire, Shadowmoon and Warsong Clans. The other one is an Ogre Empire Relic (As I mentioned above). I'm not sure if Arakkoa would make a goo race to add to Archaeology. Their only digsites would have to be in the Spires and maybe Gorgrond, as the Apexis tribe were living where Blade's Edge Mountains are now. And please proof-read before you post.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Wahey!!!! They just added Aarakoa Archaeology to the latest build on the front page! Me happy ^_^

Though I'm curious about the Apexis... when i read that I said to myself "Seriously? Please don't tell me they're going to rip off the Dwemer from Elder Scrolls..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Wahey!!!! They just added Aarakoa Archaeology to the latest build on the front page! Me happy ^_^

Though I'm curious about the Apexis... when i read that I said to myself "Seriously? Please don't tell me they're going to rip off the Dwemer from Elder Scrolls..."
    Ancient, well developed, lost civilisations aren't exactly limited to any one game or even culture. It's one of those things that turn up all over the place in literature, movies, games etc. etc.

Apexis was already in WoW, and xskarma explained the rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Apexis was already in WoW, and xskarma explained the rest.
    Apexis were just fancy crystals in the game that gave the Ogres from Ogri'la intelligence from what I remember. This is the first I've heard of a lost civilization on Draenor that had anything to do with the Apexis crystals.

As to Xskarma... true, but the Dwemer in ES also "dissapeared" under mysterious circumstances that involve a particular crystal too. Still, as long as they don't make them some steam-powered technologically advanced species it's different enough. :P

Apexis were just fancy crystals in the game that gave the Ogres from Ogri'la intelligence from what I remember. This is the first I've heard of a lost civilization on Draenor that had anything to do with the Apexis crystals.

As to Xskarma... true, but the Dwemer in ES also "dissapeared" under mysterious circumstances that involve a particular crystal too. Still, as long as they don't make them some steam-powered technologically advanced species it's different enough. :P
    Apexis crystals being arakkoa related has been the most common theory for as long as I can remember.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Apexis crystals being arakkoa related has been the most common theory for as long as I can remember.
    Not really a theory.

http://wowpedia.org/Quest:The_Crystals
    http://wowpedia.org/Quest:An_Apexis_Relic
    Last edited by Drilnos; 2014-04-25 at 01:10 PM.