Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    There's one single log out there of a warrior solo tanking it with a resto shaman having his back and this is with little to no hybrid dps help. We regulary run with 3-4 hybrid, a prot paladin and a disc priest and we have raidcooldowns (both healing and damage reduction) running for every crucial phase (one intermission, some whirls, you name it).

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...pe=damage-done

So possible? Yes. Desireable? Probably not (with a warrior tank).

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    I don't understand why people soloheal the fight now for progress. Tell one of your Ele shamans to go resto and 1 tank and two heal. There's literally no merit in solohealing the fight or bragging rights at this point. If dps is an issue for you tell your players to get good.
    Why would you not when there is only spike damage that comes in in set intervals that can be mitigated using op dps cool downs. It's not about bragging rights, it's about doing what is best for your group. We 2 tanked one healed siege crafter so decided to give it a go on garrosh.

Let it be noted we did attempt to two tank two heal and one tank two heal. We just had better results with one tank one heal. Play to your raids strengths.
    Last edited by Delication; 2014-04-28 at 10:41 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delication View Post
    We one tanked one healed siege crafter so decided to give it a go on garrosh.
    Do you have a video of that? I'd be interested in taking a look.
    Jellogtwo - Druid - Royal Militia [A10] - Main - 14/14H
    Jellog - Monk - Royal Militia [A10] - Alt - 14/14H

<Royal Militia> - 14/14H x2, US 27th (22nd for 10s only), is now recruiting all classes for WoD!

Quote Originally Posted by Jellog View Post
    Do you have a video of that? I'd be interested in taking a look.
    Or even logs ?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only reason we haven't tried to one tank is because I would literally /wirsts after doing a 10 minute fight only to have a 1/9 chance for your non-tank iron start kiter to be picked by malice. Knowing our luck it would happen quite often as well.

We would also try one healing, but most of our healers don't have off-specs, and only bringing one healer every week is sort of mean considering Garrosh is the boss most people want to be on for (mostly for Heirlooms).
    Last edited by Tojara; 2014-04-29 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    The only reason we haven't tried to one tank is because I would literally /wirsts after doing a 10 minute fight only to have a 1/9 chance for your non-tank iron start kiter to be picked by malice. Knowing our luck it would happen quite often as well.
    Malice can't be applied to people while they're Fixated by an Iron Star. If you're extremely unlucky malice can go on them in the 1-2 seconds between fixates, but it's not nearly as risky as you make it out to be.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post

We would also try one healing, but most of our healers don't have off-specs, and only bringing one healer every week is sort of mean considering Garrosh is the boss most people want to be on for (mostly for Heirlooms).
    I've done our kiting for ~17 kills now and it happened to me once that I got Malice while I was kiting - and that was with ~5 people dead during a wipe or something like that. It could just be random luck but I think the chance is actually less than 1/9 - It is specifically an issue with Malice #3. Sometimes it comes out before the fixate, sometimes it comes out after. So I think your real chance would be 1/8 (or 1/9 if you 1tank) * whatever that random chance is that malice comes out before fixate.

Having said that, it did happen to our Disc Priest twice in a row when he was kiting in our other group - so I guess random chance is random.

Regardless, the recent change to increase fixate length to 12 seconds should completely eliminate the issue.
    Jellogtwo - Druid - Royal Militia [A10] - Main - 14/14H
    Jellog - Monk - Royal Militia [A10] - Alt - 14/14H

<Royal Militia> - 14/14H x2, US 27th (22nd for 10s only), is now recruiting all classes for WoD!