Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome one View Post
    As the title says, is there actually a World of Warcraft 2nd generation in development? (Not a new Expansion)
    Current information, no, there isn't.

Project: Titan isn't in the WoW franchise, that has already been confirmed.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    That can be achieved perfectly in an expansion though. For all I know they could even redo the engine in an expansion and I think they'll do that long before a Wow 2. If you're looking for hope that LFR will be removed well you're in for some disappointment. It's been very successful and would continue to stick around even in Wow 2. And again, even if Blizzard did want to remove it that doesn't require a brand new game. The most we'll get is an expansion which acts as a large revamp for the game's content and systems. Cata was their first attempt at that and it failed rather hard, but it's not out of the question for the future.
    I can relate to it being successful in carrying people who have no fecking skill in the game

10+ Year Old Account
    There's not likely to be one in development now since WoW is still very successful. There's no reason to believe that we'll never see one - WoW will run its course as all games must, and when it does Blizzard will look into it.

Blizzard can't even release a patch in a reasonable amount of time, I doubt they would be able to pull off something like an entirely new warcraft mmo. Not even sure if that type of thing would even have much of a following at this time...

There was a Warcraft I, II and III.

Why would there be a World of Warcraft I, II and III?

They could take advantage of new tech. Have a thousand people on screen at once or integrate VR.

Are you saying they lost money on WoW cause that's the only way I can see them not making a WoW II is if they lost money on WoW I.

With the graphics getting better every expansion, this upcoming expansion in particular almost bring the graphics on par with newer releases, I can bet they won't make a WoW 2 until a decade of no expansions pass.

wow 2 will only be a newer gfx engine port

WoW 2(.0) was ages ago. WoD is like WoW 6(.0), but you could call 4(.0) through 6(.0) at least to be WoW 2 I guess? Considering they are making big changes to the game instead of just adding new stuff to the game. Though Garrisons gotta be the biggest change I have seen since the beta back in '03/04

Oh look, another thread about how LFR was the worst thing to ever happen to the game this will go places. /s

Serious: Warlords is WoW 2.0 folks, this is basically a soft reset of the game. Old Azeroth has been remade already, all the old races are getting new models. Everything has pretty much changed.
    If you ever wonder how dumb people really are then consider this: even in the golden age of smart heals dumb people still find ways to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragashii View Post
    Oh look, another thread about how LFR was the worst thing to ever happen to the game this will go places. .
    and this pretty much sums up this thread in a nutshell
    Professor Johnston often said that if you didn't know history, you didn't know anything. You were a leaf that didn't know it was part of a tree. ~Michael Crichton, Timeline

10+ Year Old Account
    Why create new content when the community doesn't hold you accountable? If we'll pay for the same old crap and put up with the content droughts, it's less profitable to go and and make new stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    I have, unfortunately, interacted with Randec on these forums before. I know what to expect from him.

(I haven't had to cut/paste/tweak my previous response to this for over five weeks!)

They will never make a brand new WoW2 while ceasing all development of WoW1 or shutting it down outright, and then expect everyone to start over fresh. They would be throwing subs away. It's simply not worth the huge investment. The subscription model of MMOs is done, and only WoW is hanging on. Why would they go to all the work of making a brand new game when it would have fewer subs than they have now?

They will never make a brand new WoW2 while continuing development of WoW1, and expect people to pay for one or the other, or both. Imagine the complaints as they try to balance their resources between two MMOs. It's the whole "X vs another raid tier" that's currently going on but instead of within one game, content from one game would come at the expense of content in the other. Players of each game would be upset at the attention the other game received.

Therefore, there will never be a WoW2. There is never going to be another MMO like WoW. Enjoy it for what it is for as long as it lasts.

Deleted
    wod comes close with all the character and engine upgrades to wow 2 =)

Deleted
    how will wow2 ever be able to compete with the insane amount of content wow1 has? wow2 will simply have less stuff in it then wow1.

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome one View Post
    But seriously, why? WoW went to shit when they introduced LFR IMO since then they have managed to screw up all sorts it's really disappointing that I used to be almost addicted and now I can barely motivate myself to buy a subscription to go back and talk/have some fun with guild mates, why do you think blizzard don't listen to the community? At one point the worlds largest MMO and now i'm sure per day more people cancel their subscriptions than buy them. So why don't they look at these posts and see people demand a new improved game instead of an anticipated expansion that flushes over £30 down the shitter?
    Agreed. Came back for 2 months in MoP after quitting at the end of WOTLK and just wow. WoW had turned from a role-play game to a single-person grind-fest. I gave it an honest try but just didn't take. Playing ESO now and it replicates a LOT of that old WoW goosebumps feeling. I suggest you try that.

As for WoW2, eventually. Not in production and not scheduled for production though so don't expect anything for a very long time.

- - - Updated - - -

WoD might be worth a try. They're nerfing LFR loot tables so it might force people to work together again.

they could do wow 2 with a new/better engine and revamp the entire game.

i dont know whats so hard about thinking that could be possible/plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    they could do wow 2 with a new/better engine and revamp the entire game.

i dont know whats so hard about thinking that could be possible/plausible.
    It'll happen when WoW sub numbers get low enough. Aka a decade by current trends.

Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    Do you not understand the definition of the word 'never'? It's is all encompassing. In the year 3021, World of Warcraft 2, or some variation of the name in a similar universe can happen. I don't think you seriously understand how that word works.
    lol lets talk again when wow 2 comes out (we will never speak again)

Deleted
    Project Titan was possibly going to be Blizzard's new MMO project, but that fell apart. I think Blizzard want to continue selling WoW as their 'premium' MMO product for a while yet, even if its getting more and more long in the tooth.

inb4 muh 8 million subs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Angella View Post
    Agreed. Came back for 2 months in MoP after quitting at the end of WOTLK and just wow. WoW had turned from a role-play game to a single-person grind-fest. I gave it an honest try but just didn't take. Playing ESO now and it replicates a LOT of that old WoW goosebumps feeling. I suggest you try that.

As for WoW2, eventually. Not in production and not scheduled for production though so don't expect anything for a very long time.

- - - Updated - - -

WoD might be worth a try. They're nerfing LFR loot tables so it might force people to work together again.
    My points exactly and that does lead another point ESO is giving WoW a run for its money i've seen its graphics first hand and they are beautiful and almost real if you were to look in a fantasy film, it also has a lot more to it than just spamming spells over and over as you do in WoW, ESO will be taking over... it's almost guaranteed...