Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Is it abnormal to miss someone 25 years younger than you?

A friend of one of my nephews recently moved to another city and I miss the kid. My nephew doesn't seem too upset about it, but I can't help not thinking of him each day.

I guess I miss his smart alecness and general goofiness. Am I weird to miss some young kid that I shouldn't have anything in common with?

Every day seems a bit boring now with out this kid around.

OK - the title almost suggests more of a romantic involvement. You should really edit that title...

Reason is that age doesn't mean anything in what you're (hopefully) describing. You're describing a friend, or at least something new in your life that you're gaining a new appreciation of and/or are starting to see value within. Think of it like the old stories akin to the "hard-lined soldier's heart being warmed by encountering and playing with a small kitten or kid" sort of thing. :P

Perhaps it could be a tangential sign you wish to be a Parent too. ((THINK and research that one out before you commit to that idea! :P))
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2014-04-21 at 08:57 PM.

Deleted
    Why would it be abnormal? O_o

I feel the same way about my nephew.

It's like missing your dog.
    Suddenly the house is empty / quiet.

Only then you start noticing what a presence the boy had in the house.
    ( please edit that titel .... it's creepy in some ways )
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

I am sitting here wondering why my day is boring as hell. I put 2 and 2 together and realized I miss some stupid little kid coming around my place being a little jerk that he is. Sigh.

Dumb question but I think I get it now.

He's not related to you or otherwise acquainted with you apart from being your nephew's friend so I would agree that it is abnormal.

In fact it's bordering on creepy territory and the title of this thread alludes to something more sinister entirely.
    Last edited by Shinra1; 2014-04-21 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    He's not related to you otherwise acquainted with you apart from being your nephew's friend so I would agree that it is abnormal.

In fact it's bordering on creepy territory and the title of this thread alludes to something more sinister entirely.
    no need to unpack the pitchfork dude, he just feels like something is missing now.

Lot of people are going to defend your feelings, but this doesn't sound normal. The wording of the title coupled with the relationship of this person (being a friend of a young relative) makes it all really weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghul View Post
    no need to unpack the pitchfork dude, he just feels like something is missing now.
    I'm sorry but the OP makes it seem like he can't get this kid out of his head. And he did ask so

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it's family, of course it isn't abnormal. It's no different than saying your dog died and now your house is empty with nothing but your socks and an unused chew toy on the ground. :feels:

It's a little weird.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Zxzas View Post
    If it's family, of course it isn't abnormal. It's no different than saying your dog died and now your house is empty with nothing but your socks and an unused chew toy on the ground. :feels:
    It's not family, it's his nephew's friend.

I am not a pedophile for crikey sakes!

Just miss the kid being around and making me laugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Has Plans View Post
    A friend of one of my nephews recently moved to another city and I miss the kid. My nephew doesn't seem too upset about it, but I can't help not thinking of him each day.

I guess I miss his smart alecness and general goofiness. Am I weird to miss some young kid that I shouldn't have anything in common with?

Every day seems a bit boring now with out this kid around.
    If nothing weird is involved, nah.

I mean if someone knew a kid enough to kind of accept him as another nephew, or maybe in some way he was "a kid after your own heart," or something else along those lines that might make you kinda miss him, I don't find that bad or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Has Plans View Post
    I am not a pedophile for crikey sakes!

Just miss the kid being around and making me laugh.
    Maybe get a dog. Call it whatever the kid's name was.

If you're gonna do creepy, may as well crank it to 11.

10+ Year Old Account
    Typical to doubt genuine feelings in this day and age, where fathers are hesitant to bathe with their kid.

OT: You're fine. Kids can be fun. They can be missed like other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetliner View Post
    Typical to doubt genuine feelings in this day and age, where fathers are hesitant to bathe with their kid.

OT: You're fine. Kids can be fun. They can also be missed like other people.
    ROFL The mental images. I'm going to puke.

Not sure if OP's wording is wrong, or the mind of those people who read and understands it wrong, is wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ROFL The mental images. I'm going to puke.
    I also have mental images now and it's your fault. :'(

My Dad is dead, so zombie bathtime is unappealing.