Has anyone ever gone yep! after hearing a presidential speach...now I can fiight

under fire and be all ... I am ready to fight, thank you mr. president for you words...because I wouldn't be able to react otherwise lol.

Deleted
    what speech

any bullshit presidential speech i gather.

Deleted

LETS FIGHT

i dont answer to presidents :P

switzerland 4 life

i remember when i had my first beer
    Kickin Incredibly Dope Shit

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post

LETS FIGHT
    To this day, whenever I see "rally the troops" speeches in whatever movie... could be Gladiator... could be Game of Thrones (Tyrion before the Siege of King's Landing)... I think of this clip, cringe, and hope it's quick, however the production does it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I recall feeling that way after Obama's first State of the Union address.

I think the last presidential address that I watched was George W Bush's Axis of Evil speech. Garnered a "meh" from me back then. Sorry to the fans but I've not heard anything from Obama that makes me raise an eyebrow. He is in the process of doing what he said he wanted to do on the campaign trail in 2007-2008. I don't share his philosophy or ideology, but most of the US seems to. I'll bear it without a grin, thank you, and wait the 18-20 years it will take to smooth things over after he is gone, or longer.

I prefer the written word over the spoken anyway. Its harder to change the intent once something is placed in print. You can always say "Sorry, I misspoke." Its harder to say "Sorry I miss-wrote." since such things go through many levels of parsing before the public reads it.

not any REAL politician can do that for me. Garrosh did on that Twilight highland intro thou.

10+ Year Old Account
    I met the President once, as my then girlfriend's sister-in-law was somehow related to a politician (her step dad I think) and she wangled some invite to a presentation for us for reasons that escape me, which was probably just some excuse for my girlfriend to buy a Karen Millen dress as she had something of a fetish for them, but she had no particular interest in politics.

Anyway, the President gave a speech, but I wasn't really listening, and afterwards we were introduced to him, but at no point did I have a desire to fight for him. Though if he had ordered me to fight I would have had to, as I'm technically in the National Guard, not that I'd be much use as my entire training consisted of me sitting in my cousin's office drinking Johnnie Walker Red Label You'd think a Colonel would have better taste!

Meeting the President wasn't a particular highlight of my life, but they had a free bar and we stayed in the Hilton, which was rather nice.

Meeting the President wasn't a particular highlight of my life, but they had a free bar and we stayed in the Hilton, which was rather nice.
    I read this and just thought "I met the president. I got hammered and he picked up the tab. It was nice."

Sorry for the irreverence, been long day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raeph View Post
    I read this and just thought "I met the president. I got hammered and he picked up the tab. It was nice."

Sorry for the irreverence, been long day.
    You aren't being irreverent, that's pretty much what happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    *squints in the darkness*

Jay? that you? It sure sounds, smells & seems like you...

I thought you quit MMO-C.
    kintsukuroi
    ‘golden repair’, is the Japanese art of repairing pottery with gold or silver lacquer. The aesthetic philosophy focuses on imperfections rather than attempting to disguise them, with the intention that the piece becomes both more valuable and more beautiful because of its history and for having been broken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I don't bother listening to their speeches as I know they are full of shit and written by someone else.

Bah weep granagh weep nini bong?

I guess you're asking whether I've heard any inspiring Presidential speeches? Not from Presidents in my lifetime.

The fact that Obama is considered a great orator is a sign of the state of oratory in this age. He is okay at best.

Then again the last President was borderline mentally handicapped so anything looks good by comparison. Though he was unintentionally hilarious!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.