Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think the concern I'm having is, I don't want to plug in the GPU and have my computer shut down when under load because the PSU can't supply enough power. My supply only has 28amps on the 12V rail. I'm not going to just be playing WoW. D3 is just one other game I'm interested in, and while my CPU isn't top-of-the-line, it does pull more wattage than the new gen processors do. I want to give myself headroom; should I not be? Would I be making a drastic mistake by being cheap and not getting a stronger PSU?

Use Tom's Hardware GPU Ranking list (put those words into Google, it is the first hit) to get a good idea where cards rank against others. It is pretty good for comparison shopping.

you could possibly get away with your old psu but considering that is a CX430 i wouldnt push my luck. if you are getting the TX750 you will be fine for many more upgrades in the future. CX series are notorious for their lower quality and failures, only meant to be used really in an office where nothing demanding is done.