New card back! Introducing Fireside Gatherings

So, one of the card backs that was revealed quite some time ago has finally been revealed! It's the one 4th one along, with the blue center and yellow tavern window effect. Click on the image to get a better look at it.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/448-in...get-a-new-card There's a news post on Hearthpwn explaining how to obtain it, though it's disapointing to see that the events are all US only for the time being. Another slight downside is the need to gather 3 people as I could quite easily do it with the two PCs I own, yet I'm one missing, so I might borrow a friends iPad and get that bonus pack too!

That's now 4 out of the 6 backs with ways to obtain them. Using the above image, the first is the default one. Hitting legendary rank gives you the 3rd, this new event gives you the 4th and placing in at rank 20 or above for season 1 gives you the 5th. That just leaves the 2nd and the 6th up for speculation. I'd sugest that the 6th is to do with the new Naxramas set that's going to be released and that the 2nd is either for hitting rank 20 in season 2 or another event.
    Last edited by zaxlor; 2014-04-17 at 11:49 PM.

Deleted
    The 2nd one along is too fabulous to just be a season reward.

I'd imagine the season rewards to have some sort of uniformity like a palette swap or minor adjustments, the 2nd one looks too... specific? IDK it just doesn't look like a generic cardback for a random season, it looks like it's tied to something rainbowy

Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post
    The 2nd one along is too fabulous to just be a season reward.

I'd imagine the season rewards to have some sort of uniformity like a palette swap or minor adjustments, the 2nd one looks too... specific? IDK it just doesn't look like a generic cardback for a random season, it looks like it's tied to something rainbowy
    Tbh I would never have guessed that the Mists back would have anything to do with ranking up in season 1 though, so maybe it is? It's strange how it's got the same ribbon on it as spell cards do. I hope it's not some awfull facebook or social media give away though

I'd bet my left testicle that the green one has something to do with Curse of Naxxramas, perhaps as a reward for a full completion? Or completing the class challenges?
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

15+ Year Old Account
    There are two desktop computers and three laptops in my household. I think I can pull this off.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

I have 3 notebooks/computers to log in simultaneously, but only 2 Hearthstone accounts. I wonder if I can add a second HS account to one of my battle.net accounts. Otherwise it looks like I'd need to create a new battle.net account and then create a new HS acc. Why did it have to be 3 people on the same network and not 2 if you can duel the same person thrice?!

The rainbow card back is the most interesting. It'd be logical to tie it with Diablo 3's Whimsyshire or Diablo 3 RoS, but RoS has already launched. Maybe they'll still make a requirement of beating some elites in Whimsyshire, but it seems unlikely as you'll have to buy D3 and spend a significant amount of time in the game. Or find someone who can take you there. Being just a reward for the next season is more likely though.

Deleted
    Or maybe there's a cow level in adventure mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post
    Why did it have to be 3 people on the same network and not 2 if you can duel the same person thrice?
    Because two people are no gathering, I think you can't have more than one instance of HS on one account, but that shouldn't matter since it is free.

Quote Originally Posted by zaxlor View Post
    though it's disapointing to see that the events are all US only for the time being. Another slight downside is the need to gather 3 people as I could quite easily do it with the two PCs I own, yet I'm one missing, so I might borrow a friends iPad and get that bonus pack too!
    Those events are only the Blizzard partner-ups. Everyone can organise one.
    The only thing this card back requires is three people in the same sub-net, but since you are able to run multiple copies of the battle.net launcher, you should be able to game it and just run three copies on the same machine. Otherwise VMs or Hamachi might work.

Quote Originally Posted by banur View Post
    The only thing this card back requires is three people in the same sub-net, but since you are able to run multiple copies of the battle.net launcher, you should be able to game it and just run three copies on the same machine. Otherwise VMs or Hamachi might work.
    I didn't think you could have more than one battle.net application running at a time though? I know the intent behind this event is to get even more people playing Hearthstone which is great, it's disapointing that to claim it "solo" you need a combination of 3 PCs or iPads. I suppose it might spawn another big wave of battle.net accounts being created which Blizzard can show to it's shareholders as a "boost" to the number of people playing? I know there was a big surge when the recruit-a-friend program was ending, just before they announced the boost-to-ninety service, but then that newly created account goes dead as soon as the event is over.

Will be interesting to see how often Blizzard does something like this and what rewards come next from these Fireside Gatherings though. I know that Magic does it with it's digital Planeswalker games, as each time one of those comes out you can claim a promo card from your local store.

I didn't think you could have more than one battle.net application running at a time though?
    You just need to enable that option, however I didn't test if you could play against yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by banur View Post
    You just need to enable that option, however I didn't test if you could play against yourself.
    Ah, just worked out how to do it.

1) Go into the battle.net and click on "Options", next to the "Redeem a code button".
    2) Click on the "General" settings tab on the far left in the new window that pops up.
    3) Check the "Allow multiple instances of Battle.net" box.
    4) Click on the "Done" button!

You'd need 3 different battle.net accounts though, but considering they're free and making new e-mail address are also free it should be quite easy. As for getting those accounts to play against one another, i'm not so sure. Might try it later to test it out, if no-one else in the thread can confirm or deny it working.
    Last edited by zaxlor; 2014-04-18 at 04:33 PM.

3 PC's in household, got this shit sorted if I ever bother with it.

...is anyone actually going to do it legit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    3 PC's in household, got this shit sorted if I ever bother with it.

...is anyone actually going to do it legit?
    Same subnet is pretty steep, considering Diablo, Starcraft, all games are killing LAN by still requiring internet connections... Just wtf, blizz..

I guess with Hamachi or w/e it will be doable for people with one or two PCs in household.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Deleted
    I'd bet my left testicle that the green one has something to do with Curse of Naxxramas, perhaps as a reward for a full completion? Or completing the class challenges?
    Seems like you lost the bet. Black Temple / Green card back is the reward for Season 2 Ranked Participation.
    The rainbow card back is the most interesting. It'd be logical to tie it with Diablo 3's Whimsyshire or Diablo 3 RoS, but RoS has already launched. Maybe they'll still make a requirement of beating some elites in Whimsyshire, but it seems unlikely as you'll have to buy D3 and spend a significant amount of time in the game. Or find someone who can take you there. Being just a reward for the next season is more likely though.
    Charm / Rainbows card back is the reward for Season 3 Ranked Participation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogark View Post
    Seems like you lost the bet. Black Temple / Green card back is the reward for Season 2 Ranked Participation.
    Guess my right testicle is gonna have to pick up the slack
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Oh just put them all as achievement rewards or something...

Looks like I'm not getting it but oh well, Pandaria card back is best looking anyways (imo)

Ah, just worked out how to do it.

1) Go into the battle.net and click on "Options", next to the "Redeem a code button".
    2) Click on the "General" settings tab on the far left in the new window that pops up.
    3) Check the "Allow multiple instances of Battle.net" box.
    4) Click on the "Done" button!

You'd need 3 different battle.net accounts though, but considering they're free and making new e-mail address are also free it should be quite easy. As for getting those accounts to play against one another, i'm not so sure. Might try it later to test it out, if no-one else in the thread can confirm or deny it working.
    I know it's bad manners to quote yourself, but here goes.

After making a second free battle.net account and opening up two instances of the battle.net launcher you can't open up two instances of Hearthstone. Now, i've not yet tested using a 2nd computer and logging into one account on that and two accounts on my main computer. They would all be on the same wifi network, all enabled for "challenging nearby players", but since the card back hasn't been released I definately can't test that yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Guess my right testicle is gonna have to pick up the slack
    moar liek pick up the sack amirite? HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR.... ill leave

- - - Updated - - -

I know it's bad manners to quote yourself, but here goes.

After making a second free battle.net account and opening up two instances of the battle.net launcher you can't open up two instances of Hearthstone. Now, i've not yet tested using a 2nd computer and logging into one account on that and two accounts on my main computer. They would all be on the same wifi network, all enabled for "challenging nearby players", but since the card back hasn't been released I definately can't test that yet!
    how dare blizzard not support my introverted tendencies.

they better fix this :P
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Lame. Looks like I won't be getting it.