Deleted

Graduate Program Videogames Companies

Hi there guys.

Sorry if this is on a wrong place, but i new in here.

Basicly, i'm graduating from university this summer, and i'm a passionate for developing videogames.

I'm from Portugal, a small country in the edge of europe. Basicly, I was wondering, if anybody know any videogames companys that have a graduate program.

Thanks for the help

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cafn View Post
    Hi there guys.

Sorry if this is on a wrong place, but i new in here.

Basicly, i'm graduating from university this summer, and i'm a passionate for developing videogames.

I'm from Portugal, a small country in the edge of europe. Basicly, I was wondering, if anybody know any videogames companys that have a graduate program.

Thanks for the help
    No chance mate. Gaming companies need experienced developers. Those that do will, at best, take you as an unpaid intern doing nothing meaningful or career building.

Best bet is to follow this advice.

1) Contact HR at a AAA company and ask what software stack they look for in applicants.
    2) Join a graduate program that has some, or all, of these components
    3) Get 3-5 years under your belt, and some more certificates from codeacademy etc.
    4) Start looking for get in the door with said experience

If you want to develop games, as Silas mentioned, you should actually try to go straight into the industry. Graduate school isn't really a good thing.

Only way I could see you going to graduate school is for a computer science Masters, but I don't even think that's gonna help. Degree =/= you know how to code.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw lol at you explaining Portugal. How ignorant do you have to be to not know where Portugal is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which "area" of video game development do you want to go in?

They have jobs that aren't all just "programming, programming, programming." There's a great deal of art involved in video game design as well.

Either way, your actual skills will speak louder than any degree will... You should aim at acquiring those skills, and not just something that looks good on paper.

Now, it's true that I don't really know about the video game design scene in Portugal, but a cursory guess is that you might have to go somewhere else for your schooling. Good schools will have close ties to the industry that come scouting out talent.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2014-04-18 at 01:39 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Thanks for all the help. That was +/- what i was expecting, though wanted to be sure.
    About portugal, videogames design is still very poor, but seems to be increasing.

And yes, google a europe map and see what countries are at the corners of it. Ohh wait, portugal it is! And by small, not only on size, but many other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post

Btw lol at you explaining Portugal. How ignorant do you have to be to not know where Portugal is.
    When you have people thinking Alaska is an island, and that the Sun orbits the earth.....yeah...I'm sure you could pull a large number of people off the street that would have no idea. And I'm sure he's been asked where the hell is Portugal a lot, or he wouldn't even mention it D: (which is sad as hell, and strictly speaking as someone in the States)