Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    End game content was the easiest it ever has been during WoW's entire history, there was no challenge outside of Ulduar and the LK fight.
    Somebody didn't stick around long enough to see heroic Ruby Sanctum.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    WoW
    Tera
    Monster Hunter Tri
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Tera, WoW, Runescape

"Scientists explore what is; engineers create what has not been." -Theodore Von Karman

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW by default, because it's the one I'm the most invested in at the moment

FFXIV, made it to end game but the lag between where the server said you were and game client was infuriating...

Tera, enjoyed the idea of it, but I was deployed when it came out so I had to start out on EU servers...something about not allowing traffic from certain countries blah blah...and the characters didn't transfer over so I quit because I didn't feel like grinding out max level again.

Wildstar, so far I'm REALLY enjoying the beta...if they can polish up the random ui bugs and deliver solid content patches I'm confident it will do well.

That's 4, but tbh those are the only MMO's that I put any time into.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    1) Guild Wars 2 - I still think this game is phenomenal. The way it combines my love for cosmetics, an interesting world with a reason to explore, the many social quality of life features (shared resource nodes, shared experience and loot from kills, etc.) along with constant updates (the end of the living story season one was great and I'm eagerly anticipating season 2) it has maintained my attention since release and I don't see that changing anytime soon.
    2) World of Warcraft (haven't played since early Cata though) - From 2007-2010 I had so much fun playing this game that I have to put it here just for that.
    3) Warhammer Online - I am one of the few people who really enjoyed this game, I loved the PvP focus of it. May not have been the most polished thing ever but I still had a tonne of fun in the nine or so months I played.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. World of Warcraft

2. Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn

3. Guild Wars 1
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

1. Guild Wars 1
    2. Guild Wars 1
    3. Guild Wars 1

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoW.
    Warhammer Online.
    Swtor.

Deleted
    - SWTOR
    - World of Warcraft
    - TESO

Not a single mention of everquest, this must be a teenager dominated forum lol
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Not a single mention of everquest, this must be a teenager dominated forum lol
    Everquest wasn't that amazing though, maybe why.

The days of sitting around aimlessly waiting for a boss mob to spawn so you could quickly gather your guildies was actually pretty dull.

Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    Everquest wasn't that amazing though, maybe why.

The days of sitting around aimlessly waiting for a boss mob to spawn so you could quickly gather your guildies was actually pretty dull.
    I'd warrant there's more socializing on everquest to this day than there is in any modern mmo. The game involved actually working with people and building relationships, so i can see why it wouldn't appeal to the modern mmo'er.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd warrant there's more socializing on everquest to this day than there is in any modern mmo. The game involved actually working with people and building relationships, so i can see why it wouldn't appeal to the modern mmo'er.
    I socialized more in Vanilla/TBC WoW than I ever did in EQ, mostly since a lot of people had their own like cliques and it was much harder to fit into those groups than it was in WoW. Don't get me wrong, I was pretty social in EQ but my clan liked to keep mostly to itself so we did not have to share our loot as much.

World of Warcraft
    Guild Wars 2
    That's the only games I find worth mentioning, EQN miiight get a spot in there?

Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    I socialized more in Vanilla/TBC WoW than I ever did in EQ, mostly since a lot of people had their own like cliques and it was much harder to fit into those groups than it was in WoW. Don't get me wrong, I was pretty social in EQ but my clan liked to keep mostly to itself so we did not have to share our loot as much.
    Makes sense. EQ for me was amazing. I made hundreds of friends in game and met almost half of them IRL. Guilds in WoW don't seem to meet up like that.

Like we had an EQ guild bar-b-q and I don't think I could even mention that in wow with any degree of seriousness :P

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Ultima Online - the only game I've ever played that I would call MMO at all with no hesitation. PKs have killed that game for me, but it was much more diverse and realistic than all those themepark MMOs we have today.
    2. World of Warcraft - as much as I don't like how nerfed down leveling feels in this game (and leveling has always been what I play MMOs for, so I had to quit WoW soon after starting playing it), the game itself feels truly epic, with awesome graphics, great combat system, amazing lore, a lot of different races, clans, tribes, factions... I wish they fixed broken leveling - if it happens, I will return to the game and play the hell out of it.
    3. Guild Wars 2 - rare case of a game that actually focused more on leveling than on anything else. The only MMO I can play these days without momentary disgust.

Deleted
    I made hundreds of friends in game and met almost half of them IRL. Guilds in WoW don't seem to meet up like that.
    Like we had an EQ guild bar-b-q and I don't think I could even mention that in wow with any degree of seriousness :P
    Then your are/was in the wrong guild. In our guild we have a "big" Guild Meeting with almost all guildmembers at least once per year. In between, people who live close by areawise just meet sometimes for some bbq & beer.

Or if someone are in need of help cause he's e.g. moving or similar, people who can make it, join in for help. I myself was guest at two weddings of guild mates and had almost the entire guild attend to my own.

So there are guilds like this. But you need to actively search for it.

And my 3 favorites are:
    #1 WoW cause it just is
    #2 SWTOR because I like StarWars and I like MMO. I like the personal Storyprogress there
    #3 EVE Online been on and off with this one. But it's really good. I just have not enough time to invest.

Deleted
    1. WoW
    2. Rift
    3. Warhammer online

I loved the warhammer keep battles so much

Quote Originally Posted by dingo3000 View Post
    Then your are/was in the wrong guild. In our guild we have a "big" Guild Meeting with almost all guildmembers at least once per year. In between, people who live close by areawise just meet sometimes for some bbq & beer.

Or if someone are in need of help cause he's e.g. moving or similar, people who can make it, join in for help. I myself was guest at two weddings of guild mates and had almost the entire guild attend to my own.

So there are guilds like this. But you need to actively search for it.

And my 3 favorites are:
    #1 WoW cause it just is
    #2 SWTOR because I like StarWars and I like MMO. I like the personal Storyprogress there
    #3 EVE Online been on and off with this one. But it's really good. I just have not enough time to invest.
    So uhh which guild is this? lol

WoW
    RS
    Yet to play a third lol