Thread: Orc Priests.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Necorlytes were never a part of orcish culture historically, they were first trained by Gul'dan and Kil'jaeden after the elements abandoned them. They were more akin to necromancers than shadow priests and never had a role in the spiritual lives of the orcs. And having a priest class for a race where they don't fill that spiritual role would feel odd to me, orcs cover that through shamanism as it is, and unlike the Tauren already have plenty of race class combinations so they don't need to invent lore to force them in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Orc priests: pray the fuck out of Holy Light and heal the shit out of the party, shouting "Lok'tar Ogar" and bashing random party member with staves. I can see this working out just fine.
    lol that's great.

Yeah..I don't see Orcs being priests.

Orc necrolytyes have been seen using mind flay but no, no prominent one has been noted at this time to my knowledge.

10+ Year Old Account
    I certainly don't mind it, and you wouldn't have to bend too much lore to make it work to be honest. Orc Priests have always been one of my two most wanted class combinations (the other being Gnome Hunter - which gives all classes Priests, and all classes Hunters essentially in the end giving every race the ability to fulfill the typical classic Dungeons and Dragons roles: Warrior, Priest, Hunter).

It'd probably be the only thing that would actually get me to play a Priest, but I guess I'll have to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    A priest does not need to have a connection with the Light. Night Elves have no connection with Light per se, but have priestesses. From what I understand, a priest has to be part of a clergy (like the Church of Light or the Sisterhood of the Moon) or is at least a servant of a deity (like the priests we fought in ZG) or a force like the Light. Orcs do not fit well with that. They believe in the elements and the ancestral spirits. They do not need a clergy, since they already have shamans to communicate with the spirits. Of course, if they change the lore, as they did with the Tauren, they could always find a reason to give priests to the Orcs. But I don't think priests would fit with the present lore.
    There's your reason right there. In SoO the Orcs have a deity (the remaining essence of Y'Shaarj) and in Lore they have none (choosing to revere their ancestors and the elemental spirits instead.) They probably don't think along the lines of powerful abstract entities, and focus only what they can see and feel. Therefore "belief" is not supplied in any quantity.
    "And what's the real lesson? Don't leave food in the fridge."
    -Spike Spiegel