Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Runescape before they sold out in ...2011?

I loved the game so much, and honestly, even if with all the combat changes and stuff, i'd still play it if they didn't go pay-to-win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Old school Ultima Online will probably never be outdone in my eyes. Prior to Age of Shadows it was probably the best mmo there could ever be. Maybe I'm a BIT bias but I feel like everything about that game was the way it SHOULD BE in a "mmo".

i think this game is still running in some form or fashion, but there was an MMO called Horizons. monstrous-big world with tons to explore, and dragons were a playable race. if they were to remake that game with some of the WoW mechanics (instanced content instead of 100% open world, for example) i'd definitely be on board.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are no MMOs that have shut down which I would bring back as the current offerings are far superior to anything we used to have. I understand the nostalgia pangs that want people to have SWG, but I wouldn't even be able to look at that game for longer than 30 minutes before my eyes started to bleed. I'm also not a crazy sandbox enthusiast and all other facets of design have been improved over multiple games in the last decade. Anything brought back would be a waste of 30 minutes for the lol's before I go back to better games. Same reason why I've never played WoW on a private server.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Roll back World of warcraft to it's simpler times.

Planetside. That was an amazing game minus the BFRs. It's too bad they had to make the most craptacular super generic sequel that removed all the unique elements from the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    not sure i would bring back anything, look at everquest next... mmos are getting better.

EverQuest was my first MMORPG and it is the one I have the best memories of. Nothing has come close to it in terms of memorable gameplay. It was a game I felt like I was really adventuring in.

Deleted
    Warhammer Online.

Most fun i've ever had in a game was playing Warhammers Beta and the first couple of weeks after release, loved everything about it until around level 30 when the content just evaporated. But the Public Quests, the PvP, the classes, everything were awesome, if only they'd been allowed more time to finish it off properly.

Oh and Dual Targetting, no idea why that hasn't been grabbed up by other MMO's yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tuesday the paladin View Post
    Planetside. That was an amazing game minus the BFRs. It's too bad they had to make the most craptacular super generic sequel that removed all the unique elements from the game.
    BF4-in-space was indeed average at best but I definitely agree with Planetside, would be my second choice after DAoC. One or two patches before BFR's would be perfect or if they had to be in make it the high-defence/low-offence setup rather than the 'land in a base every 5 minutes and blow up everything' version.

WoW:tBC, then have the devs continue development without the mashing classes together for the sake of balance. That and a fix to the story after Wrath would be nice.

Trickster Online. It had an upbeat atmosphere and fun to play. I dearly miss it.

There's nothing else similar to my knowledge.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Trickster Online. It had an upbeat atmosphere and fun to play. I dearly miss it.

There's nothing else similar to my knowledge.
    Dunno, iRO and Dofus look pretty similar.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Matrix Online. Couldn't play it whilst it was out due to having a terrible spec PC. Few years after randomly remembered it and went to check it out to find out it had closed down. Was really keen on the idea of it all.
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get to feel the warmth it brings.