Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Typically movies/shows that use rappers and other "celebrities" aren't going to be good movies/shows anyway.
    Crash was really good

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Has Plans View Post
    I have nothing against rappers but they can't act worth shit. Just because you can remember a million verses in some crazy rap poem..does not equal learning lines for a movie or tv show.

I just dread seeing a rapper in a movie or show that i'm looking forward to. Totally ruins any immersion I might of had.
    What about Mark Wahlberg or Will Smith. You are going to judge them off or rapping and nothing else?

Remember when putting basketball players into movies was the thing? I think rappers are probably better.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Remember when putting basketball players into movies was the thing? I think rappers are probably better.
    Are you telling me kazaam was not the greatest movie of all time?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Did anyone else read it as 'Please stop putting rapers in movies and tv'?
    This. A thousand times this.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOMO1211 View Post
    Space Jam was better.

Common in Hell on Wheels is doing a fine job imo.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Normally rappers do ruin movies, but there's a few movies that had rappers in them and the movies did decently. I think LL Cool J, Ice T, Jeff Bridges aka Ludacris makes their roles in tv/movies pretty good, heck some CGI Cartoon movies had a bunch of rappers and it did well. Unless you are talking about the lead role bein' portrayed by a rapper, sometimes that'll ruin the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefWigman View Post
    Jeff Bridges aka Ludacris makes their roles in tv/movies pretty good,
    LOL, Jeff Bridges and Ludacris are NOT the same person. Ludacris' real name is Chris Bridges...THIS is Jeff Bridges:

rappers are some of the best actors tbh.

agree somewhat LLcoolJ is decent on NCIS. but i hated Ice Cube on XXX 2. sure the first movie was pretty stupid, but its one of those kinda movies u dont really analyze for facts or quality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rappers makes great actors, that's what they do with their music, act like they have talent.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I'm sick of any musician becoming an actor because they think they have enough power to get in there, and they probably think acting in music videos is the same thing. If any musician plans to branch out into films, they should do two things:
    1. Use their real name for the credits and poster. Seeing '50 Cent', 'Ludacris' 'DMX' etc. on a film poster just puts me off the film. If you want me to take you seriously as an actor, don't use your stage name.
    2. Take acting lessons. If you want to bring credibility to the role, you'd better up your game.

Yes, there are exceptions like Smith and Wahlberg. Although with Smith, I want to see him do more evil and morally ambiguous roles. He always seems to want to play a hero or anti-hero like Hancock was.
    Oh, and Dreamworks Animation has a new film (Home) that has a leading black protagonist. One website thinks it's the first time we have a black lead in a 3D animated film. It's not the first time for an animated film, but 3D? I don't know. The point is who is voicing this little girl-Rihanna. A singer who hasn't exactly shown her acting range. Where are all the voice actors? I'm sick of the studios dumping big names for an animated film when it's not the people who are voicing the characters that we should be caring about.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Space Jam was better.
    What about Double Team?!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOMO1211 View Post
    What about Steel?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Has Plans View Post
    I have nothing against rappers but they can't act worth shit. Just because you can remember a million verses in some crazy rap poem..does not equal learning lines for a movie or tv show.

I just dread seeing a rapper in a movie or show that i'm looking forward to. Totally ruins any immersion I might of had.
    Can you give some examples?

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Can you give some examples?
    off the top of my head, he might have a legitimate complaint against basically any movie featuring 50 Cent.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

15+ Year Old Account
    Some can do it, some can't like most singers that try acting... Ludachris does amazing, watch Crash from 2006, amazing movie, and he didn't bring that movie down one notch.

I loved Vanilla Ice in TMNT2!!!