Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the Gnomes are actually pretty decent, they've been upgraded in a way that I consider fairly loyal. I like their interpretation, and they're one of the best ones. The biggest changed ones to me are Dwarf Males and Orc Males. Dwarf Males to me look great, but aren't that loyal, to me, they look extremely different. Not saying that's a bad thing. Also don't consider the Orc that loyal, the face to me looks like it has different proportions. Also the sameface problem :/
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

The Gnome females creep me out, so much so that if I ever decided to play one again I would probably use the old model when playing them. The new ones look like someone took the old ones, hit them with a frying pan and they are walking around with that odd grin on their face wondering who they really are.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to be mad not to find her adorable. Seeing that video I now know I MUST level my gnome lock and love her forever.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxilot View Post
    You have to be mad not to find her adorable. Seeing that video I now know I MUST level my gnome lock and love her forever.
    Of course she's adorable, but shockingly, not all gnome players wanted their character to be adorable. :P

Sig by Isilrien

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    Of course she's adorable, but shockingly, not all gnome players wanted their character to be adorable. :P
    Then roll a goblin.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Looks great except for perma smile.
    This. I think a lot of the other changes are just preferential. The perma-smile really changes the whole personality of all of the faces.
    Blizz REALLY REALLY needs to sort out the different default expression/faces.

I don't care that Blizzard says its on their priority list. They've been saying the same about turning off weapon enchants since Rogues couldn't see their legendaries because of a swirly ball of shit around them - and there's still NO indication this will be changed during WoD. At the moment I highly doubt we're going to see different face options.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The new female gnomes remind me of her! Adorable!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxilot View Post
    Then roll a goblin.
    See, this (horrid) rebuttal would work if there hadn't already been non-adorable, non-smiling face options for an entire decade. You do realize that people aren't irritated because the update has cute emotes, right? You literally have to type in the emote to see it, making it totally optional. The anime eyes and 24/7 derpy smile on the other hand are things you cannot choose (at the moment. Withholding drama for actual release.)

People take wording very seriously. Blizzard claimed they wanted people to log in to an updated character, not a character that looks nothing like anything they'd have ever voluntarily created.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Female gnomes are perfect now. I'm going to drop my fem orc war for a fem gnome war <3

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    See, this (horrid) rebuttal would work if there hadn't already been non-adorable, non-smiling face options for an entire decade. You do realize that people aren't irritated because the update has cute emotes, right? You literally have to type in the emote to see it, making it totally optional. The anime eyes and 24/7 derpy smile on the other hand are things you cannot choose (at the moment. Withholding drama for actual release.)

People take wording very seriously. Blizzard claimed they wanted people to log in to an updated character, not a character that looks nothing like anything they'd have ever voluntarily created.
    You summed it up perfectly. It's exasperating that some posters here haven't grasped or are overlooking this idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jwlol View Post
    You summed it up perfectly. It's exasperating that some posters here haven't grasped or are overlooking this idea.
    But the thing is, he's wrong about the "24/7" comment. That face is not stuck on her face 24/7. The animation the face is on is one of the least used on players because, as a player, the thing you do most often is run and fight, which means your character doesn't have the derp face 90% of the time.

The idle is however, used by NPCs a lot and it's perfectly fitting in that regard. Since Gnomes are known to stay strong in dire times, it makes sense that they'd try to make a good impression and greet you with a smile regardless of the situation.

While I agree that the smile should be removed in favor of something more neutral for the idle animation, it is because of the aforementioned reasons that it won't bother me if they keep the smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by r03dz View Post
    Garrosh eats buns and tea for breakfast.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjj92 View Post
    Last time Blizzard listened to some smart guy's random ideas, they ruined female worgen.
    *Sigh* Poor Worgen ladies.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're so adorable! Now I want to punt them twice as hard.