Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I don't even get what you're mad about. Are you just mad because you enjoy being mad? If it's the offensive capability of healers you're worried about, I haven't seen any huge changes to that except I guess Priest Level 90 talents. I don't really get this thread.

Start with what you find fun and enjoy about healing right now. Is it that you don't have to look at who you're healing for many spells? Or that you're worried raid damage will be the same as it is now? If they want the new healing model to be a success, then they can't have raid damage being dished out like it is now. At this point you don't have to worry about extreme, completely unpredictable raid damage like we've had through the last two expansions.

That said, there hasn't been any truly instakill-type, random raid damage in Siege of Orgrimmar except at Heroic Iron Juggernaut sometimes. Heroic Sha of Pride gets tough at the end, but your damage dealers should be using their own stuff to stay alive too. In the patch notes,they said they're deliberately shifting more of the responsibility onto healers, but they're not just gonna make it harder for no reason. For better or worse, they want to keep the game accessible enough. This means to keep healing at where it is, or better, they will loosen up on raid damage.

Edit: Okay, I forgot about Thok too. I haven't done him on Heroic, but I remember when he was challenging on Normal. That one's really bad too. Watcher is aware he's like the epitome of everything wrong with current healing that they're changing. He literally said the Thok fight would not exist with this healing model. That makes me think they're going to do something extremely drastic in 6.0, like cut all damage to half potency of current.
    Last edited by Senka; 2014-04-20 at 05:45 AM.

This troll is getting fed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xynen View Post
    I healed up through to Nefarion on this so called "Horrible Cataclysm Model" and I loved it because it wasn't a spammy highest-ping-wins thoughtless event. Healing now takes almost no effort and I don't typically end up using most of the tools in my kit because they aren't needed. If you're that convinced that healing won't be fun then switch specs and do something else, but I'm looking forward to it.
    Yeah, I can totally relate, even at the heroic level, in 25s all I do is spam fistweaving, and occasionally revival, very rarely do I need to do anything else, other than cry when people get blown up by Thok's initial poison bolt damage + screech in 1 global, that's always fun, obviously the best healing model.
    so Warlords of Draenor is /'woɹː.loɹːdz ʌv 'ɖɹæːn.oɹː/.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

This is a lot of subjective arguing going on here. Everything you're arguing is personal to you, not universal across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    That is pretty much what I get out of the 100% nerfing of fun that is being applied to healers.

We will go back to the pointless, obsolete 1998 "triad" model where when you roll heals you have no ability to do anything other than keep other people from dying, and receive blame when they die anyway.
    Healers having to keep people from dying? What kind of obsolete model is this?? Ridiculous!

I rolled a healer to keep people alive. I'm good at it. I only play healers. DPS bores me and gets too complicated and tanking is just a snooze fest. I healed back in BC when the only thing you could do was heal people, often slowly (playing a Resto Shaman = no instant heals) and it was still a fun challenge.

Atonement and fistweaving: Nerfed to the ground. (ANYONE that thinks ANYONE will play mistweaver, the already broken and largely funless spec, without fistweaving has been oxygen-deficient during the important neural developmental years.)
    Atonement and fistweaving are getting nerfed because it's overpowered that Monks and Priests can contribute 50% of DPS numbers and top healing meters at times as well. Fistweaving is also not what makes Monks fun, entirely. They have a very unique mechanic in that their main heal is channeled and renewing mists is central to their rotation and healing numbers in general. Also many top-level Monks don't fistweave most of the time anyways, it's inefficient healing and usually only done during slow periods in the fight.
    Random groups: I'm sorry, these are being cancelled in WoD, because you can not be healed, because there are no healers.
    Hyperbole. People have always played healers and will continue playing healers despite what you think may be bad changes to the game.

What really needs to happen is that healing needs to be largely removed from the game, and healers need to be replaced with roles that do 80% damage and 20% "top up" healing, and just get rid of the two decade old, extremely fucking boring, triad model, entirely.
    Oh that would be fun. Instead of healing I can play a DPS instead!...Not interested, sorry.

Smart Heals: Stupidized. Blizzard's raid frames and two decade old macro system are a huge bubbling turd on a hot grill. The game continues to give you MORE TARGETS TO HEAL (NPCs) that you can't access using anything other than point and fucking MOUSE CLICK, and meanwhile, your addons don't work for them, and now your smart heals are dumbass heals.
    Smart heals made healing boring and took most of the choice out of it. You don't have to worry about whether you should heal the DPS or heal the tank. You just let the smart heal choose for you! As for your point about NPCs, I really don't understand it. Norushen is the only fight where you need to heal NPCs and all you have to do is pop a HOT on each one and spam your DPS ability on the mob anyways.

Note the immediate chorus of players who have never healed and who have never done anything other than bitch about "can't we get some one to heal other than the GM's girlfriend" saying: "If you don't like it, don't play."
    You don't know why people are arguing for healing being changed. I am a healer, I know several people who are healers and none of them have had any concerns about the new system. I think we've reached the point in WoW where anyone who plays a specific role is pretty dedicated and set in that role and won't be making any major changes. Healers have spent too long healing in WoW to just go "They're changing healers?? Ah fuck it, I'm gonna DPS instead!" Especially since, as it stands now, healing is 10 times less complicated than DPSing.

And don't worry, no one is going to like it, because there are going to be no healers, because it's shitty and unfun, but you are still going to need them.
    Again, hyperbole based on your own opinion.

Mistweavers are full-on broken and have been that way since release, and the only thing that makes them fun to play or even playable is that they are OP at a handful of fun things.

All of which are being completely removed and labeled "bad things."
    Gee, the new healer class that Blizzard added this expansion is broken?? That's never happened before! Death Knights took almost two whole expansions to be brought into equilibrium with the other classes.
    You guys are missing that 100% of the changes being made to healing are for the convenience of the design team, and 0% for the enjoyment of healing, and another 0% for imagination related to the back-in-the-closet-where-you-belong healing role.

Except maybe 10% to stop the continual diarrheal flow of bitching from PVPers, which it won't actually stop.
    False. If Blizzard wanted things convenient for them, they wouldn't make changes that limit the scope of which they can design encounters. Right now, designing encounters is easy because they can throw all kinds of overpowered abilities at the raid and they know with enough cooldowns and healers that players will get through it. By limiting healers, the encounters now have to be more closely monitored and balanced to ensure that the healers can handle everything being thrown at them.

To be honest, I'm not sure why I wasted time replying to this post. All of your comments are subjective at best and have no actual merit.

As somebody who has mained a healer through WotLK, Cata, and MoP, you're a freaking idiot and i'm incredibly excited about 90% of the changes they are making.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia
    Has anything pushed you to the edge of quitting WoW?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boreall
    Long Distance relationships and Justin Bieber

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoaric View Post
    I'm kind of looking forward to most of these changes...
    Yeah, I'm loving the changes I've seen too. Can't wait for this to go through so I can test it.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Current healing (paladin) : randomly click anyone and spam holy radiance (with occasional light of dawn and holy shock) until your eyes bleed

Is it fun?

I loved cata healing dispite what baddies say about it and I am looking forward to WoD changes. I don't care healers quit a bit because there are waaaaay too many of them mass produced in MoP
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Blizzard has been trying to push the "triage" system since Cata, I'm not going to hold my breath that they'll get it right this time.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Blizzard has been trying to push the "triage" system since Cata, I'm not going to hold my breath that they'll get it right this time.
    They'll probably get it right, then a bunch of babies will bitch and moan about it until Blizzard turns it back into the mindless spamfest it is now. So, basically, the same thing that happened in Cata.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That is pretty much what I get out of the 100% nerfing of fun that is being applied to healers.

We will go back to the pointless, obsolete 1998 "triad" model where when you roll heals you have no ability to do anything other than keep other people from dying, and receive blame when they die anyway.

Atonement and fistweaving: Nerfed to the ground. (ANYONE that thinks ANYONE will play mistweaver, the already broken and largely funless spec, without fistweaving has been oxygen-deficient during the important neural developmental years.)

Random groups: I'm sorry, these are being cancelled in WoD, because you can not be healed, because there are no healers.

What really needs to happen is that healing needs to be largely removed from the game, and healers need to be replaced with roles that do 80% damage and 20% "top up" healing, and just get rid of the two decade old, extremely fucking boring, triad model, entirely.
    First of all it is "Triage" not "Triad" they aren't forcing Healers to be Asian Mafioso.

Second of all, healers that only ever spam a move just to "top off" a players HP and actually waste 50% of their healing on over healing isn't fun, it is just mindless spamming.

Third of all, all the Old raiders I used to play with in TBC/Wotlk that quit for MoP are now coming back largely DUE to a change that makes healers actually "fun" again. Since they got bored of just constantly topping up and having infinite mana.

Sounds like you just need to go to a different game come WoD. Maybe one that requires less skill. Like TESO or GW2. Since it seems only Bad healers are complaining about these changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    They'll probably get it right, then a bunch of babies will bitch and moan about it until Blizzard turns it back into the mindless spamfest it is now. So, basically, the same thing that happened in Cata.
    I healed on two characters at the beginning of Cata, I never really saw the issue that everyone raves about. Sure, it wasn't easy, but it was nowhere near impossible. It just took strategy, timing and effort... That makes for good gameplay to me, but it seems most can't handle that I guess.

Even now, I went through two 565 healers for normal spoils this past week, neither of which could solo heal a side (both had the cloak). I have no cloak, and I've been solo healing a side since I was like 540ish. The level at which some people play this game never ceases to astound me.

It's actually gotten to the point that I no longer give pugs the benefit of the doubt, and this makes me sad, because I don't like booting people from my groups if I don't have to. But now, if they don't play near their ilvl, they're gone. Most people seem to play at 20+ilvl under their actual ilvl, and I don't understand this.

I healed on two characters at the beginning of Cata, I never really saw the issue that everyone raves about. Sure, it wasn't easy, but it was nowhere near impossible. It just took strategy, timing and effort... That makes for good gameplay to me, but it seems most can't handle that I guess.
    I know. I healed on a holy priest at the beginning of Cata which most people were claiming was the most broken healer.

It was the best time for healing in recent memory imo. Apparently players just can't handle anything beyond spamming Rejuv. on the raid.

I know. I healed on a holy priest at the beginning of Cata which most people were claiming was the most broken healer.

It was the best time for healing in recent memory imo. Apparently players just can't handle anything beyond spamming Rejuv. on the raid.
    Yeah, I had a priest and a druid I healed on. They were both alts, but were both max level early on and into heroics.

I'm excited about the changes, especially since my pally is going to be my new main going into WoD. It'll be nice to have some strategy and/or challenge to healing.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    'I don't enjoy this so nobody else will.'

I'll wait and give it a try and see how I like it before I make judgement on it. I loved healing in Vanilla, TBC, and Wrath. I hate Cata and that spilled over into MoP where I've barely done it at all. I'm probably going to give it another go in this expansion eventually, probably on either my Priest or Druid.

I love that "1998 "triad" model". Can they really bring it back? I don't think so...part of the fun back then was also to manage your aggro (aka not overheal, don't heal players on 80%+ of their life, use abilities to low threat, don't pre-HOT, don't heal immediately at the start of battle or during a bad pull, etc), also clever use the mp5 rule (risk vs reward)...

now that there will be no threat issues, no interesting mana regen rule that you can play with, no risk vs rewards strategy, I doubt it will be the true "1998 triad model"
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by kjj92 View Post
    I enjoy playing a healer. When GW 2 came out I tried it but eventually stopped playing, cause that "modern" game doesn't even have basic teamwork, you should go try it.
    It got the same amount of teamwork as WoW it's just in a different way.

If you don't know about the game don't fucking talk about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    These changes are actually making me consider leveling a resto shaman. I guess the OP's opinions are after all just his opinions and not absolute facts as he had guessed...

I thoroughly enjoyed holy pally healing. Generated hpower with holy light on a beaconed tank and having the group position in front of you for light of dawn and holy radiance. So amazingly fun. Healing since then has been dull,
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    First of all it is "Triage" not "Triad" they aren't forcing Healers to be Asian Mafioso.
    Triad is a word with approximately the same meaning as "Trinity."

As far as any change that makes healers "fun" again, I eagerly await one of those.