Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    also serisuly out of all tot bosses using the one with dmg modifier -_-
    Think. Then post.
    They hardly doing 200k EVEN THOUGH IT'S JIN'ROKH THE BOSS WITH A DMG MODIFIER!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Why does anyone with ilevel 540+ run Flex which drops 540?
    The sad news is that a lot no life will do it.
    I'm 576 atm (I think), and yesterday after being out with friends for 6 hours I came home and did flex Garrosh in 15 min, dropped a new heirloom.

Happy to answer your question, I know logical thought is tough for some people.

I love the "start your own group" suggestion. Then when a lower-geared alt of an experienced raider starts a group, any +540 people who join will be like "LOL SCRUB WANTS TO BE CARRIED" and leave group immediately.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's because ilvl gets more powerful the higher it gets. It's not unusual for full heroic geared dps to have more hp than LFR geared tanks. As for me I look at myself as a very very experienced player who has been raiding and doing PvE ever since 2005, I got top 100 ranks in every raid from WOTLK to the end of Cata even though I was casual and blah blah blah. But I still can't reach anywhere near top dps in LFR on my 518 monk and in flex (especially part 4) I can only imagine myself as being dead weight. Doesn't matter how good I am, my gear and dps sucks compared to those with only 20-30 more ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    I'm 576 atm (I think), and yesterday after being out with friends for 6 hours I came home and did flex Garrosh in 15 min, dropped a new heirloom.

Happy to answer your question, I know logical thought is tough for some people.
    Heirloom? No life

I was right that an ilevel 576 "steals" a normal flex player's spot.
    Last edited by xenogear3; 2014-04-27 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    But I still can't reach anywhere near top dps in LFR on my 518 monk and in flex (especially part 4) I can only imagine myself as being dead weight. Doesn't matter how good I am, my gear and dps sucks compared to those with only 20-30 more ilvl.
    No, it matters what class/spec you play, how well you play it, and wether you got a normal/heroic heirloom weapon or not. I can play an arms warrior to above 95% of the maximum potential any day of the week. If you know arms warriors, you'll know they absolutely destroy everyone as long as they can hit more than 1 target.

242k dps on Sha of Pride as a 505 arms warrior. This was achieved by using a 561 weapon and my Bloodstorm lining up perfectly with every single add wave. Single-target dps isnt all that important when majority of content is multi-target, i'm averaging over 400k on trash all the time. I carry my weight just fine.

I'm 14/14H, Unless i make the group, I expect it to be hard to get my 505 hunter into flex even though I can out perform people 30 ilvls higher.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a thought: I wonder how many returning, experienced people who are saying the community has turned to crap treated people like crap back in their heyday?

Not that any of you would admit it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaper View Post
    Thats not my profile, guess i should have updated it after realm transfering. No, i'm 10/14 hc with regular WoL rankings.

But yes, a good weapon is more important to a warrior than the rest of your gear combined. By far. A naked warrior with a 561 weapon will do more dps than a full 561 geared warrior with a grey weapon. Proven fact.
    That's the same story with any melee. I was 'rocking' an LFR staff for a long damn time, finally able to pick up a flex weapon... my single target jumped up 50k dps.

Just a thought: I wonder how many returning, experienced people who are saying the community has turned to crap treated people like crap back in their heyday?

Not that any of you would admit it.
    The difference being Flex didn't exist back then, if someone left you had to try and find a replacement for a raid that wasn't fresh. These days a flex group with plenty of room will turn you down because you're a few iLvl's too low and they want a certain number of people.

The amount of times I've asked on appropriately geared alts(535+) for an invite to flex and been turned down because they're "full", only to be accepted on my heroic geared main is pretty staggering.

The community might not have changed much, but the point of flexible is to accommodate more people and make it easier for players who may not otherwise get the chance to progress their gear. Unfortunately for a lot of players this doesn't seem to be the case just yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaper View Post
    No, it matters what class/spec you play, how well you play it, and wether you got a normal/heroic heirloom weapon or not. I can play an arms warrior to above 95% of the maximum potential any day of the week. If you know arms warriors, you'll know they absolutely destroy everyone as long as they can hit more than 1 target.

242k dps on Sha of Pride as a 505 arms warrior. This was achieved by using a 561 weapon and my Bloodstorm lining up perfectly with every single add wave. Single-target dps isnt all that important when majority of content is multi-target, i'm averaging over 400k on trash all the time. I carry my weight just fine.
    Yep, weapons and trinkets are far more powerful compared to the rest of your gear and with all the free normal mode loot raining from Ordos and Celestials the average ilvl of everyone is skyrocketing. Weapons however are not common at all, and most of my characters are proof of that; rocking Ordos loot and hc scen/lfr weapons.

Edit: what you said confirmed exactly what you said though. With higher ilvl stats and numbers are going through the roof. Just getting a flex heirloom on my monk was almost a 50% do increase.
    Last edited by Bodom; 2014-04-27 at 04:32 PM.

FWIW, I have a few friends with warrior alts who have heirloom weapons, and I agree that they do amazing DPS relative to say, boomies at the same ilevel. Deja Thoris, you're absolutely right. I'm 567 on this toon, but just got the Flex Dysmorphic trinket (which generally isn't as good as Thok's for 25 man, but sometimes we drop to 10 for normal cleanup). Plus, it's nice having the chance to get more heirlooms for alts. Qck, groups do Flex for different reasons. If they don't know someone, they may view bringing them as carrying them, and be resentful of it, even if the toon is appropriately geared for that flex wing. If they are 20-30 ilevels below the rest of the party, it's difficult/unusual (though by no means impossible, as the OP proves) to keep up.

Nonamed, it isn't asking for a carry if the organizer and other party members are at or above the level they are asking for. Personally, I usually just see who responds when I lead, and use a combination of who else is available, what role they are (and sometimes class, for buffs/etc.), their experience, etc. to decide who to bring. I lean more toward being inclusive, and sometimes have a full party of 25. However, if I did opt to organize an achieve run and required 560+ for it, that wouldn't mean that I was getting carried, since I am 7 ilevels above that. It would be unreasonable and demanding a carry if I asked for 560+ when leading a run on my 546 alt.

Grim, my best suggestion is to make friends (on your server, or with people you run into in flexes or whatever). I can almost always get my melee DPS friends an invite, even if they're a smidge undergeared or the group generally prefers ranged, by making it clear we're a package deal. I got invited to Flex the day I turned 90, at 505 ilevel, and got into a normal run at 529 ilevel. In both cases, I was a little behind the other healers for most fights, but within 10-15%. I did need them to feed me mana cd's in order to keep up, though. I'm not sure how the EU OpenRaid community is, but the US OpenRaid has a lot of groups that require 500-510 for the first couple of wings, and are specifically aimed at newbies and alts.
    Last edited by Candescently; 2014-04-27 at 06:20 PM.