Thread: H Malk 2 rdps

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    if u are really trying to do this fight with 4 melee u are my heroes - my guild had problems there with 2 melee , 4 melee is just well dunno how to even describe overkill ? swap 2 of them to range just for the sake of progress cause ur just making your life hell - unless u are doin it on purpose to prove its possible to progress through SoO with melee heavy setup cause this was my first impression when i started reading OP -_-

@ Vedni
    I didn't phrase it well. The 30% wipe was a little under 4 minutes. Think that projects to getting it down around the start of the 2nd blood rage (if things don't go south).

@ Tehterokkar
    Our biggest problem with 4 soakers is the smash taking someone out of position. We've tried cycling ... it's not reliable (for our group :P)

@ TheWindwalker
    We have a WW. He's awesome. All of our melee are very mobile. Don't think the WW got the call up for soaking.

@ kamuimac
    We're going to follow Mini's suggestion. Will let you know how it goes.

Arcing Smash causes Imploding Energy to fly out. Melee can start running out as the Arcing Smash is happening if they can't normally get there in time. If that causes raid DPS to fall too low, then... I don't know what to say.

Deleted
    Two ranged is not too bad. We've done our first kill with three and farmed him with two ever since.

And from my own experience, 90% of soaking failures are because one of the four dps/healers isn't doing their job. Druid and priest healers outperform some ranged DPS with movement speed, monks and paladins should be fine, only shamans can be a bit slow.

The other 10% of failures really are to bad luck though, mostly voids sitting right next to each other to the point they almost overlap. But that doesn't happen that often, really.

There's only two voids the ranged players ever have to take care of, running a quarter of the room isn't that hard. Yes, sometimes you're unlucky and surrounded by orbs, or two voids are close to each other, but 9 out of 10 times it's someone doing something wrong.

Edit: And since there's a lot of melee complaints here: I agree, SoO is ranged-favored, but not to the point where ranged are far superior to melees. We've done spoils with two ranged, Thok with two, Siegecrafter with three (one of them a 560 ele shaman) and klaxxi with two. Where ranged players have to deal with encounter mechanics and lose DPS, melees can usually just go nuts on DPS and make up for most things that ranged players can't do.
    Last edited by mmoc11af7d859d; 2014-04-22 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinsoul View Post
    @ Vedni
    I didn't phrase it well. The 30% wipe was a little under 4 minutes. Think that projects to getting it down around the start of the 2nd blood rage (if things don't go south).

@ Tehterokkar
    Our biggest problem with 4 soakers is the smash taking someone out of position. We've tried cycling ... it's not reliable (for our group :P)

@ TheWindwalker
    We have a WW. He's awesome. All of our melee are very mobile. Don't think the WW got the call up for soaking.

@ kamuimac
    We're going to follow Mini's suggestion. Will let you know how it goes.
    1. People don't move back fast enough after a Smash. If it's so much of a problem and they have an immunity have them use it then.

2. If he roll's or FSK's to a puddle he'll hit a million orbs, get the warrior to leap

I don't know why you can't just assign 20% of the room to each ranged and just have a melee running out (*cough* Heroic Leap) to soak in one particular segment.

That said, having 40% (60% if you count the tanks) of your raid as melee will really suck for progression on most bosses (especially the ones after Malkorok!)