Poll: Poll

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Eh, I've been unsubscribed for the better part of the last year (after having played regularly since Classic WoW), and I've suffered no ill effects from it.

For the first couple of weeks, it felt kind of weird to not log in on raid nights, but I managed to fill the void pretty quickly. There are other games besides WoW.

Deleted
    Do you get depressed or unhinged if you can't or don't play WoW for a long while?
    Not at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depressed? Do people really get depressed if they don't play WoW for a long period of time? Lol.

Me...the only thing I feel is wanting to play it again I guess. WoW isn't the only game I play so I can go a long time without playing it.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

When there is a power cut each second that goes by feels like an hour.
    Oh i cant play wow cus of powercut, guess ill just watch tv.... jk.... okay i go jump in hot shower... jk.... oh ill just make some food with oven then... jk...
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Polls like this you will never get close to exact numbers. Especially on a website like this where people try to show "good face".

10+ Year Old Account
    When I used to play a lot, like 6-10 hours a day, I would feel a bit uneasy if I went more than a day without playing. Now? I could continue to go over a year without playing and not give a crap.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

I do with the internet, not with wow. A computer without net is so boring >.>

Deleted
    Used to be like that back in Vanilla, TBC and early Wrath. Sice ToC I don't give two shits.

No. Do I miss it when I haven't logged in after months? Yeah, but that's easily resisted. I fill my time with something that is greater than WoW or any other MMORPG, and that's with tabletop RPG. Yeah, it sucks that you can't just fill the urge to play right then and there, but I find it a hell of a lot better.

I kind of get antsy if I can't play video games for a long time, feel like I'm missing everything fun.

Not WoW especially, though it is what I play the most and has the most dependence on time (eg, gotta get ___ quick before next patch/expansion/etc because the jerks will remove it).

But if I play other games for a while I start to think "mmm I should really log into WoW, I'm sure there's something I need to do".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Not in the slightest. I usually resub when I get nostalgic but if I don't have people to play with it wears off quickly. I would say I maybe got angsty when I couldn't play during my first year, but WoW was my first MMO and I had nothing else going on in my life so I needed the escape. And when I didn't have that escape I got shitty. But those days are long gone.

As much as I hate to admit it, yes. Yes I do. The issue isn't that it's WoW, though. I find the same feeling from games like Dark Souls or Skyrim. Oddly enough, I can't seem to get it from GW2. I think any game where you spend the entirety of your journey amassing power, items and abilities has a certain draw to it that's hard to let go of. Any game that I feel tops out early then is over (aforementioned) just feels like all you're doing from then on is grinding or playing for the sake of playing but there's no real goal to reach just doesn't give that feeling for long.

Pretty much any hobby where you collect things will do this if you can get a "tingling" from it.

I'm going to miss WoW but as someone who doesn't have, or can justify having, a raid spot, it's effectively dead until 6.0 lands.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

No, the game is not my life. I've spend a huge amount of time into that game but I've never felt depressed or anything when I haven't played for a while. I also feel as I have already ''finished'' the game after clearing SoO and leveling all kind of different races and classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would anyone get sad? I'd really like us to stop using the word "depressed". Depression is a serious illness.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Why would anyone get sad? I'd really like us to stop using the word "depressed". Depression is a serious illness.
    It is also a mood, like happiness, sadness, anger. There is a difference between a state of being depressed and cynical depression.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, you could have put more effort into your thread, you have made a lot of threads lately so shouldn't have been a problem.

But to answer the question, no.

Though, I do feel bothered as I know a wide amount of people through WoW and not met them in real life (except for some). Though, luckily the Battle.net chat on the desktop app has fixed the possibilities to keep in contact.

But for not playing the game, no.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Indeed, if you fall in a depressed mood for a game, something may be in need of taking care off.

And yeah, depression is one of the worst things that can strike a person. One can be as strong as one look, but doesn't protect ones mind.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, I only play WoW when I'm depressed or have absolutly nothing to do that day.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    Eh, I've been unsubscribed for the better part of the last year (after having played regularly since Classic WoW), and I've suffered no ill effects from it.

For the first couple of weeks, it felt kind of weird to not log in on raid nights, but I managed to fill the void pretty quickly. There are other games besides WoW.
    Fairly similar experience for myself as well. WoW used to give me things to do weekly and thus it gave me somewhat of a routine for some days of the week. After quitting it felt slightly weird not logging on during the times I had gotten used to it. After a couple weeks I hardly missed it and I definitely didn't get depressed over it. It just felt... Weird. I can't really find a better word for it right now. I found other things to do and the "void" was filled fairly easily. The only thing I (still) sometimes miss are the people I played with, not the actual game itself.

It's more if I don't have internet, really. Then I go insane.

I'm already diagnosed with severe depression/anxiety, but my apathy essentially ate WoW up and I can't even look at it anymore. So it's sort of the opposite for me. I want to play, but feel miserable playing. I'm hoping WoD will change that. Depression is a shitty thing.

No. I'm naturally depressed 24/7. I do get panicky though, because if you don't keep up with everyone you get left behind, cause once others are at a certain point. They only want other people at that point.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.