Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    WALL-E for Nintendo Wii. Followed the film, which I found gorgeous, in a way that was almost close, but not enough to make it seem like you were properly in it; I know its a common problem, and it extends the game longer than a 2 hour film, but I finished it in less than that.

If we can include DS/PSP/iPhone games, Eragon for DS, because I got stuck facing unkillable orcs (or whatever they're called) due to saving and not being able to flee.. ever.. or kill..
    Dwarfs, gods among humanoids, giants among... gnomes...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hitch-hikers' Guide To The Galaxy: Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
    "Oh freddled gruntbuggly/thy micturations are to me/As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
    Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!"

Skyrim
    Quote Originally Posted by PantsDePeon View Post
    Since you mentioned that:
    Then there was this from the same episode.

These were 2 of the games that came to mind.
    Wow, that was nostalgic. Haven't seen that show in forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    worst game ever? The You Testament has to be a contender. although it does get bonus points for being so absolutely mind numbingly awful that it's funny
    More like best game ever.
    Last edited by Digglett; 2014-04-21 at 11:38 PM.

This is hard honestly. There's games that I want to say I just disliked, but that doesn't mean they're the worst game ever, and there's others I want to say, but some seem like they were worth it just for the laughs of how bad it is (Ride to Hell:Retribution falls into this category, as I'm sure more people can agree the results of it were hilarious).

In the end though...I'll probably have to go with on a personal level, and that would be...Quest 64. While ET and Superman 64 are worse most likely, I just feel like Quest 64 is a worthy candidate for badness. It was so bland on so many levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post
    True on the shoveling out of trash games. However ET was the worst of the bunch, having been rush developed entirely for cash-grab. And while it's wiki-warrior material, even it cites it as the catalyst.

When you're the worst of the worst; you're the worst. Know your history.
    And the strangest part? It was created by the same guy that created Yars' Revenge, possibly one of the greatest video games ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ultima IX - Ascension. Instead of the promised Final Chapter of the Third Trilogy where all loose ends should come together, it completely ignored established facts of the previous games. NPCs had no "schedule" like they had since Ultima V (which was released in 1988), so instead of working for a certain time, going to the pub to eat, going home, going to bed, you would find them at their work place 24hours a day. And instead of an open world where you decide where to go it is ultra-linear. It's only survivable if you install the fan-mod that at least changes the subtitles to non-stupid ones.
    "Reality: The refuge of those who fail in RPGs"
    ~Though this be madness, yet there is method in't~

League of Legends

More to the point of MOBA genre in general. Seems like nothing more then a way to milk users of their money. Kinda like Call of Duty games.

Theres alot of wii games I questioned whether or not I was wasting my time with. Even my friends who were playing with me agreed.

Thats the moment we decided the wii wasn't great and we took it back and purchased a ps3 and the little move controller things.

Duke Nukem personally for me, but for others i guess The War Z is up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    just googled that and the gameplay is pretty much the same as dcuo :s

Let me point out first that while in DCUO that is optional to do (and depending on what your character is, you don't fly through them) while in Superman64 that is ALL you do. So I wouldn't say it's "the same".

Worst game that comes to my mind. Eat Lead. I hated it. Bought it for €5,-. And only because it came with a free "Steelseries" Starcraft 2 mousemat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Skyrim
    How can you consider Skyrim bad 0o It's got like 90-95% ratings on practically everything, sold millions and millions of copies and has received numerous awards 0o

Are we seriously debating this? Rogue Warrior. In fact, most of the Rebellion stuff after AvP.

Any of those weird german simulators... you know... garbage truck simulator and that kind of stuff... although they are funny as hell when some youtubers play them.

Deleted
    Shaq Fu that game sucked more then Jenna Jameson.

half of this thread is just good games that leave a slightly sour taste in people's mouths from 1 aspect of the game so they believe it's the worst thing in the world and just oh so bad

Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post
    If you mean chronologically after Big Rigs, not sure. If you mean it was the worst and everything else vies for second place, I have a surprise for you:

ET. - caused the collapse of 97% of the gaming industry. No I'm not kidding. Widely regarded as the worst video game ever.
    No, no it didn't. It was part of the collapse, it didn't cause the collapse by itself.

Ride to Hell: Retribution easily. At least the majority of games mentioned in this thread are somewhat functional, Ride to Hell: Retribution is just disgusting.

15+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft - because it destroyed what used to be a good MMORPG community by opening the flood gates for the brainless, mouth-breathing, instant-gratification masses.

RIP EQ, UO, Asheron's Call, etc.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    Ride to Hell: Retribution easily. At least the majority of games mentioned in this thread are somewhat functional, Ride to Hell: Retribution is just disgusting.
    Yeah, it is a strong candidate, I would say. Unlike all those popular games mentioned, such as WoW, Dragon Age or Skyrim, this game is just really, REALLY bad.

I'd say though that Animal Soccer World is still worse:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgIK_Eu5K5c

"Guise of the wolf" was hilarious, total biscuits research stream on that was one of the funniest things I've seen.

Deleted
    TES V: Skyrim