Thread: The Evil Within

The Evil Within

Shinji Mikami, the father of survival horror, is back to direct The Evil Within™ - a game embodying the meaning of pure survival horror. Highly-crafted environments, horrifying anxiety, and an intricate story weave together to create an immersive world that will bring players to the height of tension. The Evil Within is in development for the Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PC and is slated for release in 2014.

Story:
    While investigating the scene of a gruesome mass murder, Detective Sebastian Castellanos and his partners encounter a mysterious and powerful force. After seeing the slaughter of fellow officers, Sebastian is ambushed and knocked unconscious. When he awakens, he finds himself in a deranged world where hideous creatures wander among the dead.

Facing unimaginable terror, and fighting for survival, Sebastian embarks on a frightening journey to unravel what’s behind this evil force.

Videos:

The Evil Within - Teaser Trailer
    The Evil Within - TGS Trailer
    The Evil Within - Extended Gameplay Video
    The Evil Within - PAX East Gameplay Trailer

Dont see much buzz around this game in here, hope this will start the discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Survival Horror is a niche market. Plus I haven't really seen the game publicized heavily yet. Once it gets closer to release we might start hearing some more.

Personally, I'm interested in this game and I am excited to see what they do with this game. The last Horror game I played was Outlast, which started strong but fizzled out for me. I'm hoping of something that builds a lot of tension and keeps the player on edge. I definitely don't want a "scary monster shooter" game. I'm hoping there is a lot of surreal moments and elements of insanity in the game as well. I love those.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can see the character with a vault on/as his head becoming the new pyramid head/red hood, similar levels of awesome.

They got a 4 armed bloody grudge in there,.

Seems to borrow stuff from some existing horrors,. which is cute but doesn't really make it stand on it's own.