Slightly confused about Allstars event in Paris

Am I the only one who is slightly confused about the upcoming Allstars even in Paris ?

I understand the the teams who placed first in their regions are going there as a team to duke it out in some fun "Hexakill" mode (or something) - but then, the 1st and 2nd placed MVPs of each region also get to go there for some different modes ?

But that's not all and the "All Pros", voted by the pro players and some journalists, also get to go there as a team of 5 (and in Europe's case 6, appearently, because the vote was tied) - but then some players only get to go there if they don't already go there as part of one of the teams ?

I am really slightly confused and my Google-Fu did next to nothing, can someone clear all of these things up for me ?

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I understand, the top two players voted in each region are going to play in the All Star show match, with one player from each region per team. I'm not sure how Hexakill and now URF Factor in though. This whole All Star setup has been really confusing TBH. I liked last year's better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    You didn't get it.

The first teams from each region have a regular tournament between each other and don't participate in URF/Hexakill/whatever. It's pretty much a mini-worlds.

The teams with MVPs participate in hexakill/URF etc. Two teams, with one MVP from each region in it.

As far as I know, the regular tournament is a round robin first where each region will play each other at least once, followed by a traditional format.
    But wouldn't that put a disadvantage on teams which have players who also have to play the showmatches ?

And how, if at all, do the "All Pros" (players voted MVP by players and journalists) factor into this ?
    Last edited by TequilaFlavor; 2014-04-24 at 04:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TequilaFlavor View Post
    But wouldn't that put a disadvantage on teams which have players who also have to play the showmatches ?

And how, if at all, do the "All Pros" (players voted MVP by players and journalists) factor into this ?
    None of the players playing the show matches are in the tournament. There were a few players who are in the tournament and were voted into the show matches, but Riot made it so that in that event, the runner up would go instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    None of the players playing the show matches are in the tournament. There were a few players who are in the tournament and were voted into the show matches, but Riot made it so that in that event, the runner up would go instead.
    Ah, thanks a lot, I was taking a look at the official Allstars site, but couldn''t really deduce that information there - it was mainly focused at voting for some modes or something, if I recall correctly.