Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

These tweets about WoD Hunters ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

Hunter's Distracting Shot removed, possible to see it as a minor glyph? I'd be very sad to see the clutch plays go ;_;
    Raised the range of Growl so that you can use it in that way, for the majority of cases.

why no Execute mechanic for Surv hunters, not Kill shot, but smthg else? 1 extra charge of "LnL" from BA when target below 30%?
    Not every spec needs to have an execute. In fact it's a pro that you have an option that doesn't

They actually think that pet taunt being a 30 yard range is going to compensate losing distracting shot, even though pets are in melee range of mobs anyway so the 30 yard range is pointless. Not to mention the entirely different set of uses that Distracting Shot gives by taunting something to the HUNTER, not the pet. They're talking out of their asses about an ability that's been in the game since the beginning and is extremely useful in a lot of situations (taunt bouncing, saving party members and slingshotting aggro back with feign death, saving your pet's life, etc.) Seriously, wtf.

And taking away Kill Shot from Survival? Really? Their answer for making the specs unique is taking away USEFUL abilities from one so that it is different? Way to completely disregard Survival PvP hunters as well.

Beta hasn't even started and I'm already sad. But at the same time, beta hasn't even started. We better gear up in our complain-pants to fix some of this crap, like always.

They're baking widows venom into a pet ability aswell from what I read so the petless hunter talent will be trash for pvp so uh... fire arrows woohoo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get over it, there are already too many qq threads about these subjects

Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    No, but thanks for your contribution.

100% agreed WRT distracting shot. I don't know that we'd have killed Garrosh without it, the first few times at least. Being able to taunt the big adds away from each other so they can be killed separately is a key part of the fight, and this change means I'd have to keep my pet next to me (instead of DPSing) or at least place the pet somewhere specifically, etc.

No. These changes are objectively bad and these concerns should be collected and voiced on their forums.

Deleted
    I feel people ran out of things to complain about, so they jump onto the Distracting Shot bandwagon. Of all the things you can complain about, of all the issues we have, of all the new things causing issues, people decided to moan about Distracting Shot. I just can't even fathom where it comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post

100% agreed WRT distracting shot. I don't know that we'd have killed Garrosh without it, the first few times at least. Being able to taunt the big adds away from each other so they can be killed separately is a key part of the fight, and this change means I'd have to keep my pet next to me (instead of DPSing) or at least place the pet somewhere specifically, etc.
    Oh damn, you'll have to actually interact with your pet... worse change ever, I agree.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    I feel people ran out of things to complain about, so they jump onto the Distracting Shot bandwagon. Of all the things you can complain about, of all the issues we have, of all the new things causing issues, people decided to moan about Distracting Shot. I just can't even fathom where it comes from.
    It's just one more thing on the laundry list of issues. Certainly not one of the more severe, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post

Re roll to a different class if you don't like it . Qq. Too many people play hunters anyway it's about time some of you complainers play something else . My class sucks now that I don't have a taunt arrow that was used for maybe 1 fight this expansion, get over it, it's alpha notes.

Re roll to a different class if you don't like it . Qq. Too many people play hunters anyway it's about time some of you complainers play something else . My class sucks now that I don't have a taunt arrow that was used for maybe 1 fight this expansion, get over it, it's alpha notes.
    I'm not sure you understand that feedback and "qq" (seriously dude?) are two different things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    It's just one more thing on the laundry list of issues. Certainly not one of the more severe, though.
    That's fair enough. It's never a good thing to have utility taken away no matter how small or insignificant it is. But some people are acting like the sky is falling only because of the loss of Distracting Shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    I'm not sure you understand that feedback and "qq" (seriously dude?) are two different things.
    This isn't feedback "dude" this is another qq thread which adds to the 20 that are already up, how can we honestly give good feedback when you haven't even tested anything. Feedback based on notes, quite frankly doesn't mean shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ashcrack View Post
    They're baking widows venom into a pet ability aswell from what I read so the petless hunter talent will be trash for pvp so uh... fire arrows woohoo.
    There's a move called masters call that probably won't work without a pet so don't act like widow venom was the reason petless hunter won't be used, seems kinda dumb not to use a pet in pvp situation.

This isn't feedback "dude" this is another qq thread which adds to the 20 that are already up, how can we honestly give good feedback when you haven't even tested anything. Feedback based on notes, quite frankly doesn't mean shit.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a move called masters call that probably won't work without a pet so don't act like widow venom was the reason petless hunter won't be used, seems kinda dumb not to use a pet in pvp situation.
    Well you don't need to test things like widow venom being baked in to a pet buff to realize that essentially means Hunters no longer have that debuff available to them because it will be extremely detrimental to take a pet solely for that over the other possible pets that are universally more optimal.

Something that obvious doesn't require physical testing.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah you're right I completely forgot all about it, and roar of sacrifice... lone wolf was the only level 100 talent I thought looked cool aswell. :c

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, i am not excited for WoD regarding class changes, but i've been through worse on my hunter and WoD itself looks amazing. Just hope they add stuff for the things they take away, and make the pet AI smarter if they are giving the pet more responsibilities.

Makes Thread about Distracting Shot being Removed but not Rapid Fire. Like RF wasn't a huge thing but i feel it was a well known ability. But Distracting Shot really.... Like REALLY.
    Also like KisstheBaby has been saying IDK how many times now thru like 4 threads ITS ALPHA NOTES. Relax Buddy

Criticism and discussion of design decisions are more than valid topics on these forums. Please stop telling people they're just whining, as opposed to offering feedback. Furthermore, these topics can be discussed from a design perspective without actually playing around with it, though in-game experience always helps to reinforce your opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Criticism and discussion of design decisions are more than valid topics on these forums. Please stop telling people they're just whining, as opposed to offering feedback. Furthermore, these topics can be discussed from a design perspective without actually playing around with it, though in-game experience always helps to reinforce your opinion.
    There are also multiple threads bringing up the same subject which was my main criticism. The op could of easily just added on to one of those existing threads instead of making more and more threads about the same topic. Hence why it's just someone starting a thread to complain about something that haas already been brought up in past threads. He could easy voice his opinion in the alpha notes thread for example which talks about these issues frequently.

The alpha thread is well on its way to being a 100 page thread, and is the only thread on the front page of the hunter forums which could be construed as discussing these particular tweets about these particular abilities. Already the initial discussion of the removal of distracting shot, and kill shot from SV is buried in the initial days of that thread. Because so much can and is discussed in that thread, sometimes people make separate threads about specific topics so things coalesce better. As long as there aren't multiple threads about these particular tweets, or distracting shot, or the removal of kill shot from SV, it's fine to create a thread about specific changes you want to discuss. You and I may keep up with the alpha thread, and the potential beta thread which will eventually occur, but it's unreasonable to ask everyone who wants to discuss a particular change to do so with such a large thread.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    Hunter's Distracting Shot removed, possible to see it as a minor glyph? I'd be very sad to see the clutch plays go ;_;
    Raised the range of Growl so that you can use it in that way, for the majority of cases.
    Distracting Shot is not a taunt, so them comparing it to one makes no sense.