Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    Yes I have a hard on for blizzard because I am not complaining that they took away a move that hunters hardly used, ALPHA NOTES, but because you used a couple times you feel that hunter class needs it back. I can tell you one thing, criticism on mmo champion forums isnt going to do much for blizzard, so if you want your move back so much maybe go post on official forums, just a thought though.
    I've already tweeted at the devs multiple times about the issue as well as some posts on the official forums, doesn't mean I can't continue to discuss it here. I also love how you presume to know how much I've used the ability. That's not to mention the 'its just an alpha!!1!!1' argument has already been debunked numerous times. You're not the brightest one around, are you?

Yes I have a hard on for blizzard because I am not complaining that they took away a move that hunters hardly used, ALPHA NOTES, but because you used a couple times you feel that hunter class needs it back. I can tell you one thing, criticism on mmo champion forums isnt going to do much for blizzard, so if you want your move back so much maybe go post on official forums, just a thought though.
    so what if its alpha? So many broken things have made it through alpha even though they have been reported in advance.

Stop relying on the "it's alpha" argument, it doesn't work.

And some of us can't post on US forums, EU forums don't matter. We don't even have a suggestions forum anymore and all blue posts on EU forum are about status updates and shit, nothing from anyone in development team.

What's the point of even removing abilities like this. Only a skilled hunter could even use this properly. Most people didn't even have this on their action bar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    I've already tweeted at the devs multiple times about the issue as well as some posts on the official forums, doesn't mean I can't continue to discuss it here. I also love how you presume to know how much I've used the ability. That's not to mention the 'its just an alpha!!1!!1' argument has already been debunked numerous times. You're not the brightest one around, are you?
    You seem mad that i dont have the same opinion as you, you also stated that you used the move on a couple fights this past tier that quote prevented wipes, so yes i know how much you used the move. As for you insulting my intelligence, quite comical. Keep tweeting maybe your opinion will make the class better, focusing on getting back a move we hardly used. Maybe you should be tweeting on more important issues about the class and not something that quite frankly doesn't matter.

hardly used moves being removed

yet they give us shitty glyphs like fireworks and woodland critter.

Blizzard logic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    hardly used moves being removed

yet they give us shitty glyphs like fireworks and woodland critter.

Blizzard logic.
    Now this is just plain unfair. Those minor glyphs were meant to be fun little things which don't serve any purpose but, you know, being fun. There is a completely different design and thought process behind both those glyphs and the removal of Distracting Shot.

I also remember a large discussion at the beginning of MoP about a Hunter's skill being measured into how many fireworks casts you got off in a fight. That alone made the glyph and my day worthwhile.

You seem mad that i dont have the same opinion as you, you also stated that you used the move on a couple fights this past tier that quote prevented wipes, so yes i know how much you used the move. As for you insulting my intelligence, quite comical. Keep tweeting maybe your opinion will make the class better, focusing on getting back a move we hardly used. Maybe you should be tweeting on more important issues about the class and not something that quite frankly doesn't matter.
    No, I'm mad that you are here doing nothing constructive and instead copy-pasting terribly thought-out arguments and then you have the gall to be judgemental. And no, you don't know. I never gave numbers and you didn't even list the situations I mentioned that have nothing to do with this specific tier. As for your intelligence, I simply work with what you give me. When all you can post is some copy-pasted nonsense with very little logical backing and suggestions to talk about it on the forums without finding out if I've done so already I can only assume that you don't actually think things through before typing. You've got the sort of smug air of a pseudo-intellectual about you. That is why I said what I said. Oh, and how funny is it that in the same damn post you try to criticize me as 'mad at you for having a different opinion' you tell me 'maybe you should post about the stuff I care about!' Haha, oh man, I'm done with you.

Maybe you should be tweeting on more important issues about the class
    Such as.....?

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Now this is just plain unfair. Those minor glyphs were meant to be fun little things which don't serve any purpose but, you know, being fun. There is a completely different design and thought process behind both those glyphs and the removal of Distracting Shot.

I also remember a large discussion at the beginning of MoP about a Hunter's skill being measured into how many fireworks casts you got off in a fight. That alone made the glyph and my day worthwhile.
    so why remove eyes of the beast?

why get rid of distracting shot?

Why make stupid little glyphs instead of just giving us the choice to put the skills on our bars or not?

I don't think the argument they made "It confused people" is very strong.

Deleted
    so why remove eyes of the beast?

why get rid of distracting shot?

Why make stupid little glyphs instead of just giving us the choice to put the skills on our bars or not?

I don't think the argument they made "It confused people" is very strong.
    Do you seriously not see the difference?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Such as.....?
    maybe the fact that our mastery sucks for almost all specs, and has sucked since mastery was introduced, the lazy design of just making your pets do more damage or doing more magical damage, seems kinda lazy to me and should be fixed. Raid utility or what we bring to the raid is another one and I appreciate hawkey for tweeting about that. There are many more important things that could be brought up over "we want distracting shot back" , get over it.

Do you seriously not see the difference?
    I do, but the reasoning behind it was "it confused people"

it didn't confuse me. I'm not some kind of visionary genius of wow. I knew things like eyes of the beast and distracting shot didn't have many uses but they did have some. Is assuming the average player has no common sense the norm now? I would feel insulted tbh.

Deleted
    maybe the fact that our mastery sucks for almost all specs, and has sucked since mastery was introduced, the lazy design of just making your pets do more damage or doing more magical damage, seems kinda lazy to me and should be fixed. Raid utility or what we bring to the raid is another one and I appreciate hawkey for tweeting about that. There are many more important things that could be brought up over "we want distracting shot back" , get over it.
    I Feel happy that you guys appreciated my effort i will carry on and try to communicate with all you hunters and the devs to finally get our issues fixed.

are they getting rid of tranq shot too?

Is there a DPS spec with an actually interesting Mastery? I was under the impression that Mastery was added to be a tuning knob, not to be exciting. Most of them are dull as hell. I think the most engaging Mastery that I have personally used is the Blood DK one but that's obviously not a DPS spec.

Let us be honest. There aren't that many talking points on the table right now. We know they're apparently doing something on the raid utility front to us -- but until we see what they have in mind we're just kind of waiting on the sidelines. There's no harm in letting people vent about Distracting Shot. In another build or two I'm sure the community will have something else to be outraged at or get excited over.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Deleted
    I do, but the reasoning behind it was "it confused people"
    And this is related to fun minor glyphs, because?

You need to physically buy the glyph, learn it, and then slot it and look for the ability in your general spellbook. Distracting Shot was learned at some point in the middle of the leveling experience just like all the important abilities and passives you need to manage. I can see why Distracting Shot would be much more confusing to newer players compared to, say, fireworks.

And this is related to fun minor glyphs, because?

You need to physically buy the glyph, learn it, and then slot it and look for the ability in your general spellbook. Distracting Shot was learned at some point in the middle of the leveling experience just like all the important abilities and passives you need to manage. I can see why Distracting Shot would be much more confusing to newer players compared to, say, fireworks.
    "Distracts the target to attack you, and increases threat that you generate against the target by 200% for 6 sec."

I don't see how that can be interpreted in any other way.

It's related to minor glyphs because: they said they wanted to get rid of button bloat and stuff, but the way to do that is not to remove fun things but to reduce the number of skills required to achieve maximum DPS.

Now with these minor glyphs you're just adding buttons manually to your spellbook, whereas before they were just there and you could choose to use them or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Is there a DPS spec with an actually interesting Mastery? I was under the impression that Mastery was added to be a tuning knob, not to be exciting. Most of them are dull as hell. I think the most engaging Mastery that I have personally used is the Blood DK one but that's obviously not a DPS spec.

Let us be honest. There aren't that many talking points on the table right now. We know they're apparently doing something on the raid utility front to us -- but until we see what they have in mind we're just kind of waiting on the sidelines. There's no harm in letting people vent about Distracting Shot. In another build or two I'm sure the community will have something else to be outraged at or get excited over.
    There are a lot of interesting dps mastery's are you serious? frost mage arcane mage ele shaman ret pally, etc. there are a decent amount of interesting mastery's and not just increased magical damage by 1 percent. That has to be the laziest game design, and im amazed more people dont care about this.

- - - Updated - - -

Now with these minor glyphs you're just adding buttons manually to your spellbook, whereas before they were just there and you could choose to use them or not.
    I think this is the way they should go, but not many moves. I can see distracting shot being a glyph, they already have something similar with aspect of the beast.

For me WoD will be awesome

1 hour misdirect - Aggro? What's that?
    No more stupid pet!
    Harder hitting killshots starting at 35%... yeah
    Marksman getting biiig crits
    Aimed shot while moving

I love it! I started Vanilla with a Marksman Hunter that didn't care about the stupid pet and 10 years later I will play one again, this time without the pet!
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    For me WoD will be awesome

1 hour misdirect - Aggro? What's that?
    No more stupid pet!
    Harder hitting killshots starting at 35%... yeah
    Marksman getting biiig crits
    Aimed shot while moving

I love it! I started Vanilla with a Marksman Hunter that didn't care about the stupid pet and 10 years later I will play one again, this time without the pet!
    ive never had aggro since wotlk
    pets are useful, regardless of what problems they might have.
    ok yeah this is kinda cool
    marksman always had big crits?
    you can do that now.