View Poll Results: How many Subs did WoW lose in Q1 2014?

Voters
907. You may not vote on this poll
  • More than 100k

141 15.55%
  • More than 300k

150 16.54%
  • More than 500k

161 17.75%
  • More than 700k

56 6.17%
  • More than 900k

34 3.75%
  • More than 1 Million

112 12.35%
  • More than 1.5 Million

17 1.87%
  • More than 2 Million

59 6.50%
  • Other - Explain in post.

26 2.87%
  • Sub Gain

151 16.65%
Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post
    Why? I wouldn't mind it, nor other people, but what reason should Blizzard have for doing that? The current model is working great for them. I don't see a them making changes anytime soon.
    Is it? WoD won't be out until November and more and more players will begin to leave. If you've cleared all the content, then why stick around? Keep paying a $15 monthly fee for the Blizzard good will fund? Some people who stop paying for WoW, might not come back for WoD. I know that when I kill Heroic Garrosh, I don't plan to keep paying the monthly fee. I'd probably rethink it, if the fee was $5/month.

But new players need an easier way to get into WoW, and it is getting expensive. That's why they shouldn't need to pay a monthly fee just to try out old irrelevant content. In fact the entire game should be free for older content. Come back when WoD is released and tell me how many subscribers come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Is it? WoD won't be out until November and more and more players will begin to leave. If you've cleared all the content, then why stick around? Keep paying a $15 monthly fee for the Blizzard good will fund? Some people who stop paying for WoW, might not come back for WoD. I know that when I kill Heroic Garrosh, I don't plan to keep paying the monthly fee. I'd probably rethink it, if the fee was $5/month.

But new players need an easier way to get into WoW, and it is getting expensive. That's why they shouldn't need to pay a monthly fee just to try out old irrelevant content. In fact the entire game should be free for older content. Come back when WoD is released and tell me how many subscribers come back.
    You should probably read the first post in this thread, where the OP said basically the same thing you did, expecting losses in the millions.. then he disappears from his own threads when his ´abysmal´ predictions are wrong. WOW may lost another 200k subscribers this quarter for the reasons you said, but at the same time, Beta will be starting, 6.0 will be very near and the excitement for WoD will pick up. But you guys just keep starting threads every quarter right before subs are announced, make your silly predications, then disappear when you look like a fool.. it is like the OP... every quarter for the past year he has started the same thread, and every quarter he looks like an idiot for his analysis of why ´this time I will be right´..

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    it is like the OP... every quarter for the past year he has started the same thread, and every quarter he looks like an idiot for his analysis of why ´this time I will be right´..
    Is it really only a year, feels like he has been making these predictions forever, the most tiresome of MMO posters.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post
    You can't look at WoW, or any game in a bubble when the entire market plays a significant role.
    This. I was planning to come back for WoD. The price hike made me think twice. It's bad enough to have to pay a sub fee, but it's worse to have to get a box set for what would eventually be included in vanilla WoW eventually anyways.

If I were to come back to WoW, it would be on a Black Friday sale when the expansion gets dropped to half price, just like MoP did 2 months after it launched.

Stood in the Fire
    Hell knows really, but so far all they announce is very unappealing and they already got some people refunding the pre-order after backing up on most of the promises they "didn't make" to sell it. Also I refuse to believe a staunch ragequitter like me is really so unique. (That is, I actually quit shortly before Cata hit the fan and don't plan to buy WoD either after returning to the game a few months before 5.2).