WoWs' Recommended Specifications - How does the game run when using the exact specs?

Hello MMO-Champions!

Lately I've been wondering about World of Warcrafts' recommended specifications as I'm planning to get a new PC once WoD hits. Here are the ones for MoP:

4GB RAM, up from 2GB.
    64bit Windows 7, up from 64bit Windows Vista/7.
    Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2, up from the Intel Pentium D.
    Nvidia 8800GT, up from the 8600.
    AMD 4830 512MB, up from the 2600.

When you build your computer sticking exactly to these specifications, does it allow you to play the game on the highest (ultra) settings without barely any problems? Or are the recommended specifications more meant for the 'normal' settings in the game?

I don't know that much about computers (though I'd love to learn a bit more), hence why I'm asking I hope someone can give me some feedback on this.

Thanks in advance!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know who wrote up the "Recommended Requirements" apparently have never actually played WoW, or know what a computer is.

If you based it off those recommendations, your gaming experience will be pretty miserable in most places, and borderline unplayable in raids with any settings turned up. I think they just copied it over from patch to patch or something. I have no idea.

It's also pretty well known that the "requirements" and "recommended" that are listed on game boxes (not just wow) are usually useless information as well. The best place to find out is.. ask the people who know (Like us!)

Honestly, the recommended specs wouldnt even qualify for 'normal' use, unless 'normal use' is "normal settings" and doing solo play. No dungeons. No pvp. no raids. No going into big cities.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd recommend filling out the info from This Sticky when you feel you're going to upgrade (usually about 1-2 weeks before purchase. Any longer and prices/specs will change), and either make a new post.. Or if you want to use this one, it can be moved to the build/upgrade subforum.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Honestly, the recommended specs wouldnt even qualify for 'normal' use, unless 'normal use' is "normal settings" and doing solo play. No dungeons. No pvp. no raids. No going into big cities.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd recommend filling out the info from This Sticky when you feel you're going to upgrade (usually about 1-2 weeks before purchase. Any longer and prices/specs will change), and either make a new post.. Or if you want to use this one, it can be moved to the build/upgrade subforum.
    All right, thank you! I'll surely look for help with a build here once WoD is about to be released. Just waiting until then as WoW is the main reason I'd want a new build for. And knowing that the PC world evolves pretty much every month, I'm sure there's a new/cheaper/better build around the time WoD hits!

Thanks again

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, WoD won't have significantly more requirements than MoP. So if you don't want to wait, you can get a good system now that will run WoD well. I built my system late 2012 (3570K + 660), and that ought to still kick the crap out of anything WoD throws at me. I have no intentions to upgrade til 2015 most likely, and anything to build now of the same price bracker ($900) will only be better.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Also, WoD won't have significantly more requirements than MoP. So if you don't want to wait, you can get a good system now that will run WoD well. I built my system late 2012 (3570K + 660), and that ought to still kick the crap out of anything WoD throws at me. I have no intentions to upgrade til 2015 most likely, and anything to build now of the same price bracker ($900) will only be better.
    True story, still using my i5 2500k@4.5ghz I built over 2 years ago with a 670 and other pc is using i5 3470@4.0ghz and 660TI. I have no intention on upgrading anytime soon, this i5 2500k will probably last a few years more, but who knows. Anywhere from $700-1000 can be built to run wow on ultra or mostly ultra.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think my FX 8150 and 6950 could play WoW for a few more years without a problem. Ultra with Shadows (Biggest resource hog) and Particle Density (I like to see what is happening) turned down and can get a decent 30-40 (Guessing) fps in 25 mans with maybe some drops on some big AOE. 10 mans run great!

I'm only upgrading my video card because of other games coming out. Evolve and Watch Dogs mainly.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW relies more on the strength of your CPU than it does on the GPU. So go into any 'upgrade/replace my PC for WoW' discussions with that in mind.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganador View Post
    I think my FX 8150 and 6950 could play WoW for a few more years without a problem. Ultra with Shadows (Biggest resource hog) and Particle Density (I like to see what is happening) turned down and can get a decent 30-40 (Guessing) fps in 25 mans with maybe some drops on some big AOE. 10 mans run great!
    Even longer if they add DirectX 12 support to the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget that high end Mythic will be 20man, so it will be less CPU demanding, perhaps more GPU demanding. As GPU's now run ~60% (270x on Full Ultra does anyway) and CPU's run at full speed, it's safe to say that current PC's will last through WoD.
    PM me weird stuff :3