Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    From a raid standpoint, I'm also happy about the rocket boost sharing potion cd change because they were planning on keeping the failure rate, which would have led to a lot of frustrated players with it being BoE, especially with the new healing model. I'd rather just not have to worry about it than deal with the RNG. It was sort of cheesy with some fight mechanics anyhow, but the RNG did bother me more than anything. That said, if they did remove the RNG in raids/CMs, I would actually prefer that over the sharing the potion cd model. I'm happy with either one though. Nitro Boost RNG in CMs was the worst.

Wow, Nitro boosts will be nerfed hard in WoD. 50% speed boost down form 150%. F*** this. 1m cd? I'd take 3 minutes cd and 150% speed boost any day over this 50% s***. Another useless engineering enchant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    Wow, Nitro boosts will be nerfed hard in WoD. 50% speed boost down form 150%. F*** this. 1m cd? I'd take 3 minutes cd and 150% speed boost any day over this 50% s***. Another useless engineering enchant.
    50% increased movement speed for 5 seconds every 1 minute is useless?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    But, this is fair I think. I mean, they talked about it being a purchaseable enchant for non-engineers (was only talk, I am not sure if they have done it).

And the run speed stacks with the speed buff on gear, as well as class run speed.. so... Currently my main has that as an 'oh shit' button. Speed of Light + Nitro boosts = GONE, and if they fail and launch you into the air, you just pop the glider (or burn up horribly instead).
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

50% movement speed for 5 seconds every 1 minute

OR

dps potion

Choice is pretty obvious. Right now I'm set on either the frag belt or the plasma shield on belt - as these 2 have non-niche usefulness in raids (provided frag belt does enough aoe damage for weaker aoe specs)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    50% rather than 150% does make it even more niche.

You're right, the frag belt or the shield will be more useful. When they talked about engineering items being BoE, was that just a select few like the nitro boosts or most of these? Because if the shield or the frag belt are not BoE then I can see them being nerfed into near uselessness given Blizz's stated intent that professions not really have combat perks in WoD.

edit: I see the shield has "requires eng skill to use" in the tooltip but the frag belt doesn't

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if Blizzard is holding true to removing combat perks of all professions then it means that engineering tinkers (i.e. nitro boots, gliding cloaks, etc.) either have to be limited so that they don't work in raids OR they can be given to everyone (with or without engineering).

Here's the reasoning: These "utility" perks of engineering would become the "required" profession for min/max raiders because of the utility they can offer (regardless of how small that utility value is). As it stands, Blizzards wants to remove this "required" profession for raiders hence the profession gathering/producing abilities of the Garrisons.

I believe there was a blue post on how most engineering utility tinkers would be usable by non-engineers just like how enchanting rings/necklaces/cloaks are also usable by non-enchanters as well.

In regards to DPS potions, these potions look really good: 4k of primary stat. Moreover since flasks only provide secondary stats, I can see these DPS potions being used more often (untapped market for Alchemists!)

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    In regards to DPS potions, these potions look really good: 4k of primary stat. Moreover since flasks only provide secondary stats, I can see these DPS potions being used more often (untapped market for Alchemists!)
    Have you ever raided before
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

15+ Year Old Account
    50% increased movement speed for 5 seconds, per fight.

That's it, if its going to share cool down with potions. Don't see how it can be every 60 seconds if it shares a cool down with potion and they can only be used once per combat.
    Last edited by Lithix; 2014-06-13 at 09:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    50% movement speed for 5 seconds every 1 minute

OR

dps potion

Choice is pretty obvious. Right now I'm set on either the frag belt or the plasma shield on belt - as these 2 have non-niche usefulness in raids (provided frag belt does enough aoe damage for weaker aoe specs)
    Its not a choice between 50% for 5 secs.
    Its a choice between Darkwater Potion or a dps potion.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much ye. Nitro Boosts are used to escape, but to casually run away.

Is there a source for all this info about the reduced speed and CD shared with potion?

Sorry for misinfromation dudes.

WoD Nitro boosts. 70% speed boost for 8 sec, 1m cooldown, shares cd with potions except for healing potion, can be used once per combat, works every time.

MoP Nitro Boosts. 150% speed boost for 5 sec, 3m cooldown, does not share cd with any potion, can be used as many times as you want per combat (3m cd), small chance for explosion.

Both are engineering only trinkets.

So it makes NB mostly useless in PvE.(because dps potions) In PvP(battlegrounds) it will be a copy of Darkwater Potion which you could buy in addition to Nitro boosts before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Is there a source for all this info about the reduced speed and CD shared with potion?
    wowhead changelog, also this

Well shit.
    R.I.P nitro boosts.

Unless they intend to make these usable in rated pvp or drop the potion shared cd whats the point? For raiding it won't get used do to dps loss and the only pvp it can be used in is non rated battlegrounds so are these for questing now?

Whats the point in even keeping them around if no one will want to use them.

Well that's a damn shame. Was hoping to make some money selling Engineering tinkers to others similar to Leg Armor Kits and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Did they ninja nerf this thing? I have had 10 rocket leaks in a row. I've never had 2 in a row, let alone this many.
    RNG is RNG. I had 2 Ashes of Al'ar dropping back to back after 160 kills. You just had a streak - rare but not stochastically impossible since the randomizer isn't influenced by past events.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Sorry for misinfromation dudes.

WoD Nitro boosts. 70% speed boost for 8 sec, 1m cooldown, shares cd with potions except for healing potion, can be used once per combat, works every time.

MoP Nitro Boosts. 150% speed boost for 5 sec, 3m cooldown, does not share cd with any potion, can be used as many times as you want per combat (3m cd), small chance for explosion.

Both are engineering only trinkets.

So it makes NB mostly useless in PvE.(because dps potions) In PvP(battlegrounds) it will be a copy of Darkwater Potion which you could buy in addition to Nitro boosts before.

- - - Updated - - -

wowhead changelog, also this
    Well, that sucks...I just picked up Eng this expansion and was really enjoying it, now I'm regretting it...

>_>
    Rest in peace, Nitro Boosts, we'll never forget you...

Guess I'll be going back to Mind Amp Dish/Invisibility Field (or have they removed those?).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliot123 View Post
    >_>
    Rest in peace, Nitro Boosts, we'll never forget you...

Guess I'll be going back to Mind Amp Dish/Invisibility Field (or have they removed those?).
    They'll probably share a CD with potions now, making them all but useless in raids. Now the boots are a "well I guess I'll saunter away" for use in the outdoor world. I pray they don't fuck with the goblin glider...

Engineers usually get the short end of the stick, but between making them alchemy's bitch in MoP and these changes... It seems it's going to be at a new low.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.