What are good talents to choose for a mage?

I am a new player, and recently I created a gnome mage character, and since I am new to the whole thing I am wondering what are good talents to get to help me get maximum enjoyment out of the game? Any replies are appreciated.

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are a new player, then just pick what seems more interesting to you. We can't measure your own enjoyment. If you want to throw out a free spell every 90 seconds, Presence of Mind is a good choice. If you think putting a fiery and explosive damage over time effect on an enemy is super cool, pick Living Bomb. While leveling, just do what you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    The talents I've always enjoyed playing with Blazing Speed, Temporal Shield, Ring of Frost, Greater Invisibility, Nether Tempest/Frost Bomb and pre-nerf Incanter's Ward.

But like LocNess said, it all depends on what YOU find fun. You can play a really mobile mage or a mage that focuses a lot on CC. Just try out some builds and see what you find fun.

For instance, the mobile mage build I mentioned is fun in BGs to troll people with. The talents I chose for it are:
    - Ice Floes
    - Ice Barrier
    - Ice Ward
    - Greater Invisibility
    - Living Bomb
    - Incanter's Ward

And as for glyphs I chose:
    - Glyph of Blink
    - Glyph of Rapid Displacement
    - Glyph of Water Elemental or Glyph of Armors or Glyph of Polymorph

You can kite a melee indefinately with this because of 3 roots, 3x cast on the move, 2x blink and Greater Invisibility. You can swap Ice Floes with Blazing Speed if you want to of course.

There are guides on Mmo-champion and sites like Icy-Veins that will direct you to the best talents for PVE/PVP (though, at least in PVE, this will vary depending on the encounter). I almost always take Ice Floes because the extra mobility is great. When soloing old raids, I might go with cold snap, ring of frost, and incanter's ward depending on the fight. Glyph of rapid displacement is very helpful in certain spots.

Deleted

These are my pref talents
    Last edited by mmoc1a4d5f9c10; 2014-04-27 at 03:30 PM. Reason: made image smaller

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzpify View Post

These are my pref talents
    /agree with Ezz. And sometimes I take Frostjaw if I want to deepfreeze a specific mob.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're frost, that's bad advice. LB is single target or 2-3 targets that are spread far apart.

2+ targets in close proximity means Nether Tempest.