Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepinch View Post
    I'v had this happen so many damn times!!! - My partner Dies right as i kill his partner, warrior proceeds to rape me from 80% to nothing, all the while he's almost dead and all my 2 kill shots did was keep him at 20% hp through his second wind and he kills me.
    warriors are easy enough 1vs1 if you have either a deterrence or trinket up but yeah kill shot is almost pointless vs them unless you're out of focus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    warriors are easy enough 1vs1 if you have either a deterrence or trinket up but yeah kill shot is almost pointless vs them unless you're out of focus.
    Yea by the time i killed the first person i was all tapped out saddly

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Other than that, Kill Shot is fine. I dislike having an execute but that is not a mechanical or class issue, but a personal opinion... uh ''issue''.
    While I've never really worked with an execute class as a main, I have played Hunter enough to know that yeah, the double-kill shot is pretty derp. Perhaps they should give you a base damage increase, like Fire Mages used to have (Also Shadow Priests, but now it's a talent that any Priest can pick up). Having an extra button to press (especially twice) in such a short span of time seems very counter-intuitive.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't love the reset mechanic, however, I think it would be fine if they wanted to give us two charges. Often times I spend time spamming my KS key waiting for it to proc, most of the time it does, but it's so frustrating when it doesn't. I'd like it to hit a little harder, just so things like Arcane Shot and Kill Command aren't hitting just as hard, it's fun to hit something hard because it's weak, it's also very satisfying when you get a nasty crit on it as well.
    Everyone on the internet is a dishonest actor.

I much preferred the WotLK model for Kill Shot. When you cast it, you felt powerful. In pvp, it was truly a kill shot. In pve it wasn't clunky and it felt as if you had the boss on his heels.

Right now it just feels like a free, glorified arcane shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Goondicker View Post
    I much preferred the WotLK model for Kill Shot. When you cast it, you felt powerful. In pvp, it was truly a kill shot. In pve it wasn't clunky and it felt as if you had the boss on his heels.

Right now it just feels like a free, glorified arcane shot.
    I mean, I think they changed it BECAUSE of how it was in PvP. Got a target below 20%? GG, KS and they're dead.

I definitely think we need to keep some pressure on about this one. Especially once we get in beta and they start taking our feedback a little more seriously. They've yet to explain why they want to stick with the reset mechanic (lets not forget it was originally introduced as a glyph). If there's no good reason, we can probably talk them into changing it eventually. The current design sucks.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

I like the idea behind kill Shot only it needs to do more dmg and lose the reset part. Give it a 6-8 sec cooldown and more dmg and Kill shot is a nice finishing attack.

how about lower threshold to 10% like monks but make it hit like a truck so it might actually kill something?

They could add a bleed effect to kill shot after it hits, like, it hits a bit harder than now, and then make the enemy bleed for a short time for a bit of the amount of the second shot that we'll be missing. This way it doesn't get too burst for pvp, and we didn't need to keep spamming the ks button to shot as soon as it resets

10+ Year Old Account
    KS should lose the charges, double the damage and have a CD. PVP? Too bad, don't get low on hp. Look, if you're at 15% getting blown up is fine. What, I should whittle you down 1% at a time?

Also, if that's a real issue (i.e. if KS started to shave off 30% of a player's hp) they could... gasp!... make it hit less hard in instanced PVP.

how about lower threshold to 10% like monks but make it hit like a truck so it might actually kill something?
    PvP "Balance"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Also, if that's a real issue (i.e. if KS started to shave off 30% of a player's hp) they could... gasp!... make it hit less hard in instanced PVP.
    Then the PvP whiners would just say 'World PvP "Balance"'.

Isn't the current design going to become problematic in pvp anyway? We're getting a "Draenor perk" that makes it kick in at 30% instead of 20%. With the additional change that they want us to "slowly burn down" in pvp, that means once we get a player sub 30%, it's going to be easier to keep them there as heals won't be able to just burst them to full like now. That's a lot of time for double killshots.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

monks get an insta kill at 10% or less

would be nice if we got something that "might" kill at 10% or less, not our current kill shot that needs 2 to ever even kill a clothie and half the time doesn't even reset.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    monks get an insta kill at 10% or less

would be nice if we got something that "might" kill at 10% or less, not our current kill shot that needs 2 to ever even kill a clothie and half the time doesn't even reset.
    A good portion of the time, ToD doesn't even kill the target. It can also be grounded and reflected so, yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    A good portion of the time, ToD doesn't even kill the target. It can also be grounded and reflected so, yeah.
    it's not a spell but nice try.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    it's not a spell but nice try.
    My bad I was misrecalling it. It apparently just outright kills warriors who Intervene.

kek
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Ummm atleast you guys have an execute, fairly relaiable at that. I'd take hunters KS over warriors excute a.n.y.d.a.y.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anium View Post
    Ummm atleast you guys have an execute, fairly relaiable at that. I'd take hunters KS over warriors excute a.n.y.d.a.y.
    I'll give you KS if you give me second wind

Quote Originally Posted by Anium View Post
    what, you would trade our pillow shots for yours that does like 100k+ crits in pvp for 30 focus cost?

YES PLEASE.