Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

WoD before or after Blizzon?

What do you guys think? Has a release ever been this close to Blizzcon in the past?

After I'd say. Pathetic really.

Why not during? ;P

Its more likely we will see it before. If its not out until blizcon that would be ~14 months of siege unless they have a filler raid lined up (Not 1 raid boss please).

Deleted
    Yeah, I don't see WOD releasing before Blizzcon tbh... most likely after.

All we can do now is have hope.

*crosses fingers*

It's pretty much impossible to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im starting to hope it actually does release after Blizzcon so I can watch the fans give the devs a piece of their minds and hold them accountable for getting the fans all excited last year that they would be playing WoD sooner than they expect (Which would at least be less days than it took for them to get MoP out after they announced it at Blizzcon the same time of year in 2012), and exceeding ICC which they said they would never do again

I can confirm without a doubt that YES is the answer.

I really believe it will be released by Blizzcon, I mean there wouldnt really be anything interesting to present at blizzcon for WoD. I think theyll have enough other content for Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by grongo2 View Post
    What do you guys think? Has a release ever been this close to Blizzcon in the past?
    Well they announced Wrath of the Lich King at Blizzcon 2007, it wasn't released until 4 weeks after Blizzcon 2008.

I was wondering if it would be possible / viable to do Highmaul -> Blizzcon -> Blackfoundry. There was one month between Heroic MSV and Heroic HoF.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyaral View Post
    Its more likely we will see it before. If its not out until blizcon that would be ~14 months of siege unless they have a filler raid lined up (Not 1 raid boss please).
    Because 14 months of SoO would be the longest final raid teir in WoW history, doesn't suggest it will be out before Blizzcon... quite the opposite. Blizz setting a goal and achieving the opposite is par for the course.

Deleted
    Yes.
    /thread

Of course it's impossible to say, so it's pointless to ask. Take a break from the game - it shouldn't be a lifestyle, you don't need to count the days on your calender to validate your existence til it comes. That's exactly the kind of person you portray when incessantly asking things that have no answer.

It's hard to say. Don't see it being released just before but if released after, they'd likely have a bit more hostile of a crowd and likely Q&A revolving around the year long wait much like Blizzcon 2008.

Deleted
    Probably before Blizzcon,even though the beta didn't start yet and there seems to be no indication that it will anytime soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Releases have been close to Blizzcon before, but I think Warlords will release before. My guess is September, but just a guess.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Dragon Age 3 just got announced for October. So I could see September since they tend to release right ahead of "competing" franchises.

I would hope before otherwise the whole thing will be colored by a feeling of GET BACK TO WORK AND GET OFF THE STAGE. WE WANT WOD.

Which doesn't sound very fun.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Definitly before or they would face an angry mob of WoW fans that played SoO for 14 months and want to punish someone for that!

I think we will play WoD this September.
    Last edited by Kryos; 2014-04-22 at 11:53 PM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!