Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty much expecting it to be released after Blizzcon. Blizzcon will showcase WoD pre-release, and likely SC2 expansion, more stuff for their various other games (maybe a peek at another Diablo expansion), and possibly information about the WoW movie.

edit - Oh, and Heroes of the Storm, of course.
    Last edited by Golden Yak; 2014-04-22 at 08:11 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baba View Post
    Why not during? ;P
    more likely

I don't know which but I am certain of 1 thing. WoD will not be the major thing they talk about at Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Prancing Minstrel View Post
    By cancelled you mean they never said they were going to do one, and they didn't. And wikipedia says there's never been a November Blizzcon before now.
    05 - Oct
    06 - Burning Crusade
    07 - Aug
    08 - Oct
    09 - Aug
    10 - Oct
    11 - Oct
    12 - Mists of Pandaria
    13 - Nov
    14 - Nov

So historically there's actually nothing to go by the scheduling. 08 was a month between Blizzcon and WotLK but 10 was 2 months.

If it comes out after, there's no telling if it'll be Dec or Jan even.

It's all just a guessing game, but it'll still probably be out before just because releasing it Dec doesn't seem likely, and Novs been ruled out.

Also remember they're working on HotS and LoV, possibly another D3 expac. They don't want to be interrupting crunch for it no matter what.

15+ Year Old Account
    WoD will be released after. Blizzard will use Blizzcon to show the WoD Cinematic trailer then finish polishing the game for release in the beginning of December. They will also probably releasing HotS around same time, have a new Hearthstone expansion lined up, have updates on the next StarCraft II expansion, have a content update for Diablo III, status of the Warcraft film, and tease us about Titan

no way in hell that it is before

Quote Originally Posted by Prancing Minstrel View Post
    By cancelled you mean they never said they were going to do one, and they didn't. And wikipedia says there's never been a November Blizzcon before now.
    Um..... hello? The Blizzcon this last year was at the same time as this one.....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EmbraceEU View Post
    Nobody would visit BlizzCon if they release WoD shortly before BlizzCon ..

So after.
    This.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters

Waiting to release WoD in November would be suicide for the game, I'd expect them to release it in September

10+ Year Old Account
    im going to say after by like 2-4 weeks and theres some big reveal. who knows though, as far as we know the release is between early fall to december 20th. so thats a pretty big span..

Logically its after Blizzcon. With the rush of a new expansion, who would want to stop progression or gearing up to go to an event? Would be a waste of money for blizzard to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I can confirm without a doubt that YES is the answer.
    You cant really confirm anything without a source .

Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post
    Um..... hello? The Blizzcon this last year was at the same time as this one.....
    You're completely right, I saw the November at the bottom of the table and read that as the 2014 one. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by grongo2 View Post
    Dragon Age 3 just got announced for October. So I could see September since they tend to release right ahead of "competing" franchises.
    Dragon age 3 vs WoW exp , there´s no competing there lol

10+ Year Old Account
    As soon as those screen shots a few weeks (months?) ago appeared about blizzcon 2014 I didn't think WoD would be out before it. I cannot see them doing it. If they do, great. If not... I don't even know what to say

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i honestly cant imagine this blizzcon being very interesting honestly. d3 expansion just came out, i supposed its possible they could have another expansion in the pipeline to showcase but given blizzards track record i frankly dont think this is the case. even if they release WoD after blizzcon most of the juicy stuff will have already been showcased and/or datamined so WoW news will be fairly small i would think.

about the only thing i can see being major info dumps would be heroes of the storm and a possible sc2 expansion. and as someone who isnt interested in hots and am really only interested in the campaign of sc2 i cant say i would be overly excited about this blizzcon. but to each their own

They said they were shooting for August. It will come out before. They won't release it after BLizzcon unless they are fine with subs sloughing off like a leper's flesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Penric View Post
    Logically its after Blizzcon. With the rush of a new expansion, who would want to stop progression or gearing up to go to an event? Would be a waste of money for blizzard to do so.
    You are joking. They could do Blizzcon the weekend after WoD launches and it would still sell out in under 5 mins.

My hunch is the ability to test raids and endgame pvp before the questing areas are finished will speed up their testing a lot. I think we are going to see a mid-sept launch, plenty of time for people to get through first raids, and then they will launch the 6.0 second tier raids after Blizzcon.

I really hope that they wouldn't waste time and resources on a crappy convention when their flagship game isn't out.

Hopefully next expansion they spread the patches out a bit. They really rushed Pandaria into an early grave, when there could have been a bit more time between 5.2, 5.3, and 5.4.