Poll: Have you ever been in a IRL 1v1 fight?

Page 1 of 19
... LastLast

I've never been in a physical fight, is there something wrong with me? [Male]

Today I realised that I've never had it out with anyone in a 1v1 type altercation does this mean I'm less of a man than say someone who's been in quite a lot of fights?

I've always had friends stand up for me and fight my battles for me growing up, for example in school, so I've never had to get physical with anyone. I would think this is a good thing since I possess a personality that marshals other, more assertive and self-sufficient people to my defence, right? Or am I labouring a non-existent advantage?

This made me wonder how I'd react if anyone tried to start a fight with me now @ 21 as I don't know how to fight.
    Last edited by Shinra1; 2014-04-22 at 10:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say it's a bad thing necessarily. Although having your friends step in for you might not have been the best solution, at some point you really just need to stand up for yourself.

Deleted
    Why would it make you less of a man if you haven't been in a lot of fights? That's ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been in one fight, but I used to wrestle with my twin brother all the time.

I don't think it's a necessity to know how to fight. I think it's kind of stupid, honestly, as long as you don't make unnecessary concessions.

Ive always been proud ive never been in a real fight, although fight club was an interesting movie for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    I am the biggest pacifist/escapist I know but I might have bullied other kids before age 7... Won several fist fights, gave an albino girl a black eye ( in my six year old mind it was justified cause she stole from me but now i know it was wrong), smashed a toy on some guys head for trying to take it a away giving him a relatively big bump etc. My first best friend was a victim of my abuse but as we became friends I stoped the violence altogether, other kids being bigger might have been a factor too. I never did lose a serious fight unless it started out as horseplay initiated by my older cousins count (the bastards were 11-13 and they picked on a 6 year old), but I never engaged in a fight that I knew I couldn't win.
    Last edited by Vizardlorde; 2014-04-22 at 10:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    I wouldn't say it's a bad thing necessarily. Although having your friends step in for you might not have been the best solution, at some point you really just need to stand up for yourself.

This is what I was getting at and essentially I don't know how to fight let alone land a punch. I'm totally hopeless.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never been in a 1v1 fight, but I've been in a few FFA half-serious locker room brawls. good times

There's more likely to be something wrong with someone who feels the need to get into physical fights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    This is what I was getting at and essentially I don't know how to fight let alone land a punch. I'm totally hopeless.
    Oh, how awful, not knowing how to fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never. I've been close to wanting to hit someone but never in an actual fight. I'm sure if I exercised I could be better.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Pfft, I'm 28 and a big fat bastard. Apart from a few scuffles in primary school I've never been in a fight.

Nowadays, thanks to television, movies and the Internet, I'm worried that if I get into a fight, I know too many ways to seriously injure or kill someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpy View Post
    Ya i think Karadros got it right sadly..
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    Sylvanas is flawless and should be canonized as a saint.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, nothing wrong with you, but being able to fight is one of those things that you'd rather have than regret not having.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Oh, how awful, not knowing how to fight.
    I agree that violence is rarely the answer however as a male being able to fight is certainly a trait worth pursuing and that's why I made this thread to gauge if I was weird for being a fight virgin (Lol).

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Karadros View Post
    Pfft, I'm 28 and a big fat bastard. Apart from a few scuffles in primary school I've never been in a fight.

Nowadays, thanks to television, movies and the Internet, I'm worried that if I get into a fight, I know too many ways to seriously injure or kill someone.
    Eye gouging, neck snapping, arm breaking the horror!! Now if only they were as easy to pull off in real life as they are in TV...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

...however as a male being able to fight is certainly a trait worth pursuing
    Is it?
    Is it really?

I've yet to encounter the job interview where, at the end, we wrestle for dominance.
    I've yet to take the car in for a service and be offered 20% off the bill if I can KO the mechanic in one punch.

Quote Originally Posted by Karadros View Post

lol'd, fat guy watching TV fights makes you a good fighter, you're just kidding right?

Deleted
    I agree that violence is rarely the answer however as a male being able to fight is certainly a trait worth pursuing and that's why I made this thread to gauge if I was weird for being a fight virgin (Lol).
    Why would it be worth pursuing?

Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    Eye gouging, neck snapping, arm breaking the horror!! Now if only they were as easy to pull off in real life as they are in TV...
    exactly this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    I never said it was a VALID fear.
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpy View Post
    Ya i think Karadros got it right sadly..
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    Sylvanas is flawless and should be canonized as a saint.