Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

So, I have been told TWICE now, not to make a shaman 90.

By people who love their shamans...... both have said that shamans are getting severely nerfed in WoD, and would not recommend I use my free 90 on a shaman.... which is what I was leaning towards. ( I never liked my low level shamans, but figured that and warrior are the only 2 classes I haven't taken to at least 80 by now, so why not make a shaman )

I don't read up on XPACS.... I like to be surprised. I know almost nothing about WoD. What I know about WoD could be typed in 3 sentences or less. But what I don't want is to make a 90 that is not likely to be a great choice for the XPAC.

Without giving away too much, is the shaman thing correct?

Deleted
    if you want to play a shaman, make one, dont listen to anyone else, we have hardly any info on warlords right now and even then it can all change so just make whatever you wish to play

I certainly can't complain about mine; Enhancement is pretty powerful and one of the few specs in the game that still feels largely unique.

Not sure what they are on about but shaman is a very fun class at the moment and if they start off bad in the expansion they will improve later on in the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone is bitching that their class is getting nerfed in WOD.

Hell, I'm super disappointed in the direction Monks are taking in WOD. Mostly in that the 100 talents are pretty garbage.
    Last edited by Viradiance; 2014-04-20 at 11:15 PM.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Deleted
    How on EARTH do people know Shamans will get nerfed in WoD and thus became useless? Look at Death Knights ... three weeks ago they said they're going to remove the Army, last week they said they won't be removing it ... seriously. It's Alpha and people have ABSOLUTELY no idea how classes will work. Some numbers on paper in Alpha are no indication on how the class is going to preform.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea man I would say if you have a desire to play shaman you should just make it. Classes get nerfed and buffed all the time, so it won't be bad for long (if it even IS bad in the beginning).

I actually used my free 90 boost on a shaman the other day because I loved playing it at low levels back in the day and figured I would like it at 90 as well. Just make sure there are no other classes you would rather play. Have fun!
    "Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless" - Kenny Powers

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    i wonder if your shaman friends played the released WoD yet to know how bad the shaman will be .. i expect u talk about Ele shaman but dont worry every caster is going to get the *thing* removed which your friend think of a big nerf so in the end there will be no difference at all , if its not ele shaman i dont see a *big* nerf there to say OMFG DONT PLAY SHAMAN!!!!11 your friends are just whiners before they even know how the shaman will be in the xpac

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianWRA View Post
    Everyone is bitching that their class is getting nerfed in WOD.
    Which is stupid because the people who complain tend to look at only one or two changes, rather than looking at the big picture. With so many changes to each class as well as to game mechanics in general, it is impossible to accurately predict which classes will be good and which won't in WoD.

People telling you to not play class X because of alpha notes are not worth listening to. Save the free 90 if you're that concerned until we are closer to release. But bear in mind that classes get nerfed and buffed all the time; you will never be "safe" with a choice.

Choose the class based on aesthetics, play style, lore, race options, crap like that. Don't go by numbers, or "omg movement casting nerfed" because EVERYONE will be affected by these changes.

IMO: shaman have always been a lot of fun, and I've had one since the game released. It's changed and evolved of course, but I never said "wow Shamans are boring now," and I doubt I ever will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just do what you want bro. Shaman is one of the classes I don't even have yet.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    If you want to play a Shaman,do it,they are a fun class to play. Everybody is complaining about their class OP,Shaman players are no different.

After all,if you regret boosting a Shaman,you can always pay another 60 bucks for another boost. It ain't that much. /sarcasm
    Last edited by mmocb3bae280f1; 2014-04-20 at 11:17 PM.

Deleted
    Letting other people tell you what to play or what not to play, is not how you are supposed to play World of Warcraft.

10+ Year Old Account

Play what you enjoy playing, not what's fotm.

People are saying shamans are getting nerfed in WOD but they don't seem to realize that practically everyone is getting nerfed...

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason why people are saying that is because resto shaman are 90% smart healing, and they are getting power nerfs along with the healing algorithm changing and elemental is losing lightning bolt while moving, which is a really bad thing for a class that has really no other damage while moving. This combined with the fact that shamans have sucked at the start of pretty much every expansion has people worried.

Lots of people with time machines around here.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - George Santayana
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have a lvl 90 of every class and even though my main is a hunter my favorite alt is my elemental shaman. I agree with the people giving you advice not to use ur 90 boost on it, elemental shamans will be reduced to immobile turrets again next expac with no lightning bolt while moving taking away almost all of their mobility. My favorite alt is going to drop way down my alt favorites list when that happens. All they will be able to do on the run is keep their flame shock dot up and the occasional lucky lava burst instant proc, theyr gonna be like shadow priests are currently where if they move at all their dps drops of the face of the earth.

I've been playing my shaman since TBC and will continue to do so even in WoD. Sure, we might get nerfed to the ground, but usually Blizzard fixes that because they want all classes viable (as much as possible, I am too aware that they sometimes leave certain classes in the mud)
    But that is what everyone goes through and as Letomi sings: "We will always be, always be, tough through every patch, But we all know well, nerfs and buffs will pass." You go make your shaman buddy, and you rock!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c54PbMfCs48