Deleted

3.5 month six pack HOPE

Hi everyone reading this post. My goal atm is trying to get a six pack in four months. Is this possible? I like to think and hope it is.

Currently i weigh 82.5 kg. 19 years old and i'm 1m 75. Before all hate, i know i should really loose weight.

I've been going to the gym for 3 months now but want to kick it up a notch and i've decided to ask you guys for some advice. My road to hopefully getting a six pack (or just a not fat stomache).

I plan on going to the GYM 4 times a week. Due to college and distance i can only go 4 days.

Day 1 Tuesday's: Shoulders + leg's + 40m of cardio + abs
    Day 2 Wednesday's: Bicep's + Back + 40m of cardio
    Day 3 Thursday's: Chest + triceps + 40m of cardio + abs
    Day 4 Saturday: Running/biking/Elliptical (burn fat) + abs

For each muscle group i do 4-5 exercises. For abs i have different exercises that ensure i have a full ab workout.

At home i also do push-ups, run some more and do jump roping when i can.

So roughly this is what i do at the Gym. I could go into which exercises i do for each muscle group if people are interested.

What do you guys think so far?

Lifting weight's and doing cardio is only half the work. I know i should also go on a diet.

At the moment i live with my parents so my mom still cooks for me (luckily).

Breakfast 7 or 9am (depending on my classes): Milk + cereal
    Lunch: 12 o'clock: Bread with salami or nutella. Mostly i take bread with nuts, grey bread but occasionally we have white bread. Depends
    3 p.m.: Little snack, mostly a banana or some kind of fruit.
    5:30 p.m: Dinner depends what my mom cooks. But it always has vegetables
    6 p.m: Stop eating

I stopped drinking soda's. At parties i do drink alcohol but during the day i always drink water.

I've done a lot of reading and most people say i should eat 6 times a day. At the moment i eat 4 times a day. Does it make that big of a difference?

Is there anything more i can do to help me loose weight and achieve the six pack almost every guy wants? Anymore tips? Anything crucial i missed? I can use all the help i can get.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post/giving me tips. The reason for the weightloss: Impress the girl i've had a crush on for about 6 years. It's sexually appealing and for myself ofcourse.

Just do ketosis for 2 months and stop eating carbs all day. You aren't that heavy

Deleted
    Mind giving a bit of info on ketosis? Never heard of this :/

Obviously depends on your body but the gist of it is

Your daily macros should be

Shit ton of protein (1.1-1.7g per pound of lean body mass)
    40% of your daily calories should come from fats
    less than 20g of carbs a day

Your body will notice the lack of carbs and go into Ketosis, which is a chemical process in the body where glycogens stored in the liver are depleted and your body switches to converting fat reserves to energy. You need to maintain absolute minimal carb intake for 6 days. Do a SMALL carb reload friday night or saturday morning. Then switch right back to no carbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jijek View Post
    Obviously depends on your body but the gist of it is

Your daily macros should be

Shit ton of protein (1.1-1.7g per pound of lean body mass)
    40% of your daily calories should come from fats
    less than 20g of carbs a day

Your body will notice the lack of carbs and go into Ketosis, which is a chemical process in the body where glycogens stored in the liver are depleted and your body switches to converting fat reserves to energy. You need to maintain absolute minimal carb intake for 6 days. Do a SMALL carb reload friday night or saturday morning. Then switch right back to no carbs.
    Dont forget to mention that Ketosis causes EXTREMELY bad breath.... the chemicals that your body produces during makes it awful... so find no carb no sugar gum to help mask it... it can be horrific...

one way to get a 6pack is not do any ab work. Lose body fat first. That's the key. You have to uncover the muscles already there.

Quote Originally Posted by Undies View Post
    Dont forget to mention that Ketosis causes EXTREMELY bad breath.... the chemicals that your body produces during makes it awful... so find no carb no sugar gum to help mask it... it can be horrific...
    Yeah your breath becomes horrid and you have a metallic taste in your mouth a lot of times.. but it's worth it entirely.

for abs you need to work em out in the kitchen... seriously it's just eat correctly and combine it with cardio and you'll se results in no time!

Yeah it is possible for sure. But to be really ripped your diet is the most important. Doesnt matter how often you eat, as long it is healthy and you dont overeat. Eat healthy fat like avocado, and not nutella The ketosis is possible, but very uncomfortable and difficult for a lot of ppl. I would suggest a nice diet with a lot of vegetables, porteins and healthy fat

Deleted
    You will roughly need a BF% under 10..

Switch those 40 min of cardio to 15-20min of HIIT.. 4 day split seems stupid with your goals.

What are your ab excersises? Remember abs are like every other muscle, they need to be pressured into growing, so make sure you do some weighted stuff where you can increase the weight. Just going from 50 to 300 situps is not gonna do much.

Day 1 Tuesday's: Shoulders + leg's + 40m of cardio + abs
    Day 2 Wednesday's: Bicep's + Back + 40m of cardio
    Day 3 Thursday's: Chest + triceps + 40m of cardio + abs
    Day 4 Saturday: Running/biking/Elliptical (burn fat) + abs
    Keep in mind that if you work out the front, you need to do an equivelant workout on the back. If you train the front 3 times a week but only the back once, you can get a weird posture and possibly injuries due to your abdominal area being way more trained than your back muscles.

I think you'll have more fun if you have a goal sport that you're working on in the context of hitting the gym. Whether you're going to focus on powerlifting, running, or something else altogether, I've personally found that I like the gym a lot better when I'm training for something rather than just doing the hamster wheel to stay in shape.

When you say, "40 minutes of cardio", what are you trying to do specifically there? Heart rate training of some kind? Do you know what you're doing with regard to that or is info needed?

Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    You will roughly need a BF% under 10..
    Confirm. Even then, it's important to note that the exact shape of each person's abs aren't necessarily going to look like something from a fitness magazine, particularly if you're new to the fitness world in general. I know that for me, I'm down to ~9% body fat now and my abs are plainly visible, but if I was going for that Men's Health look, I'd be sorely disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    What are your ab excersises? Remember abs are like every other muscle, they need to be pressured into growing, so make sure you do some weighted stuff where you can increase the weight. Just going from 50 to 300 situps is not gonna do much.
    This too. My favorite easy thing to do when I don't really want to leave the apartment is to sit on one of those goofy exercise balls, grab a dumbbell and do core work that way. Sure, it looks kind of lame, but it engages an awful lot of stabilizers and seems to help with range of motion, which I'm generally more concerned with than raw power.

Deleted
    skip the leg day!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mehu View Post
    skip the leg day!