Poll: Do you like baseline telluric currents for active mana regeneration?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafal View Post
    I don't know why ALL the healers have to have an active mana regen. How about a healing class that doesn't have to dps to maximize its mana regen?

Disc priest - dps
    Holy priest - dps
    Monk - dps
    Shaman - dps
    Druid - doesn't have to dps, but if you're a HC raider dps would probably be demanded of you during innervate.
    Holy Pally - I'm somewhat certain holy pally have a judgement that restores mana(?), but their "active mana regen" model is by far my favorite right now.

I would much rather spam HW on the tank and get resurgence procs from water shield then awkwardly try and weave lightning bolt into my healing.

Right now I am 10/14 heroic, I love healing but dps bores the **** outa me. Please give me a way to keep it out of my game-play. =/

Unless dps is a super extra bonus! X) sometimes I don't mind throwing lightning bolts out there because healing is going absurdly smooth.
    Thats what I thought too after comparing all the healers, Pally has the best mechanic since their holy power is gained thru heals.... plus they got mechanics that let them regain holy power faster also, so they just trade a potential bigger HoPo spender healer for mana. They don't really change anything in their heal playstyle.

I much prefer the standard healer mana regen model..... steady mana gain thru procs and buff mechanics that trigger from heals or crits, plus a mana cd when you need that extra boost. It's what we had with WS+resurg and MTT, along with every other class. Healing is already very hectic, let us use our break for what we want.

When Blizz made monks, they gave them options to either do a traditional healer playstyle, or play a melee dps healer monk. They should either go back to just traditional mana regen models, or if they wanna add an active dps mana regen model, make it an alternative playstyle. To do that, we would need some kind of triggerable passive buff that nerfs our typical passive regen in exchange for ability to gain more actively thru our dps spells. This way it doesn't nerf our normal mana regen, but people who like that playstyle can still play with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    I also gotta target an enemy instead of focus on my allies.
    Or make a Lightning Bolt macro that hits your focus target or target's target (or both) if you don't have a hostile target selected. It's what I did in Cata. Set the boss as your focus target before the pull, then just try to make sure you're not facing away from it. >95 of the time I was facing the boss anyway, so it rarely required any actual effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafal View Post
    I don't know why ALL the healers have to have an active mana regen.
    They don't. The proposed changes to Innervate means the druid "active" mana regen mechanic is to take turns going AFK, vanilla style.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    Or make a Lightning Bolt macro that hits your focus target or target's target (or both) if you don't have a hostile target selected. It's what I did in Cata. Set the boss as your focus target before the pull, then just try to make sure you're not facing away from it. >95 of the time I was facing the boss anyway, so it rarely required any actual effort.
    That may be so but its still not fun or compelling gameplay to me. I don't want to use every available gcd on LB. Healers got alot goin on and TC just feels like an unecessary burden. If they wanna spice up healer rotations, give us a more complex mana regen mechanic that works thru our heals and some cds built to support that.... like the old SR which gave mana back when attacking, but for healers so like a cd that "makes heals cost no mana, plus regen mana when healing" for a few sec. Dunno, but that would feel better then TC.

They don't. The proposed changes to Innervate means the druid "active" mana regen mechanic is to take turns going AFK, vanilla style.
    No druid will afk for 8 sec, even with their heavy reliance on hots they can't afford such a big gap. If you read my post on the bottom of first page, you will see that Druids can find a way to heal in those 8 sec by using mana free heals via omen of clarity, or wrath>heal conversion from talents.

Not really. Druids have clearcasting procs, an instant cast mana free heal on a 1 minute CD, and 2 different talents that they can take that give them options for things they can cast during that Innervate widow. Only bad Druids will go AFK.

As far as Telluric Currents, I think we probably got the simplest and least constraining active regen mechanic. Holy Priests have to stance dance, Disc Priests have to trade their highest HPM spell for active regen, Monks have to deal with a 4 second channel, and Holy Paladins have to give up 3 HP (which costs more to generate than the mana return). Meanwhile, we can just weave in Lightning Bolt whenever it makes sense/is convenient for us. I would personally rather have something like the Druid model, because it adds a lot more complexity and options to your gameplay, but I don't think this is terrible at all.

I've always been for, "If you like something another class has or dislike something about your current class...play a new class!"

I tried TC in cata, and I really didn't like it. I never even finish madness normal because frankly I sucked at the TC game-play and it was expected of me on madness.

It was so frustrating because I healed better the traditional HW filler style, yet I was mocked because it wasn't optimal game play. Thus I went from a spirit/crit/mastery resurgence build to a haste build to max out TC.

Suddenly it turned into me rather not healing enough (because I was casting lightning bolt for mana) or being yelled at because I hadn't casted lightning bolt enough and ran out of mana. It was like TC gave them two reasons to be disappointed with me. =( Eventually I broke down and quit.

of course you can turn this into "L2P newb" argument. The thing is I am a great healer, not top 10% or anything fancy, but I would say I am above average. I've been healing since BC and its what I have the most fun at.

Back to my, "if you don't like it reroll" I would re-roll to avoid having to deal with this sort of game-play again. I enjoy heroic raiding and playing well which means min maxing. The thing right now is Bliz is forcing this game-play on all the healing classes... =/

I would prefer TC to remain a glyph, because sometimes I do use it. but I don't want it to be expected of me every fight.

Healing in Warlords is going to be much more rewarding.

You'll weave these mechanics into gameplay. At the moment, you burn your Mana and Heal like crazy, and simply pop a few cooldowns and top yourself back up, it's no fun. This will mean Healers are managing their Healing throughput with slight Mana gains, and coordinating their downtime and cooldowns far more.

Sounds like fun to me.

It is a very un-restricting mechanic, where we can weave in a LBolt every time we don't need a heal to be cast.

I would definitely NOT like the Monk approach where they gotta channel for 4 seconds just to get all mana at the end of the last tick.
    Or even worse the paladin approach where you gotta spend mana to build holy power that you will use to restore mana instead of using it for healing... just awful.

Nice quick LBolt, free mana and damage, continue healing... very nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    It is a very un-restricting mechanic, where we can weave in a LBolt every time we don't need a heal to be cast.

I would definitely NOT like the Monk approach where they gotta channel for 4 seconds just to get all mana at the end of the last tick.
    Or even worse the paladin approach where you gotta spend mana to build holy power that you will use to restore mana instead of using it for healing... just awful.

Nice quick LBolt, free mana and damage, continue healing... very nice.
    The pally one is the best IMO. They aren't spending extra mana, they get HP naturally just from heals and can use it for a big heal that uses HP or use it to get mana back. Its fairly easy to get HP also, it triggers from a few heals plus healing the tank with beacon. Also similar to how I mentioned Druids can talent to take advantage of their mana regen mechanic, pallys can do something similar with the T5 talent tier. For example the talent Divine Purpose, when it procs any HP consumer that uses 3HP is free of cost, so they could just use the regen ability at that time with no loss.

Priests and Druids are in the middle.... and Monk and Shaman lil worse off, IMO atleast. It's true that TC can be used whenever, but I still don't like the idea of having to use all free gcds on casting LB. This problem becomes much worse when you involve PVP where we will never get a LB off.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about these changes?

• Adding Lightning Bolt to Tidal Waves would promote healing while giving us the option to use a charge to cast a faster Lightning Bolt.
    • Adding an atonement effect to Lightning Bolt would add some more fun to the ability, instead of it just being a sluggish 2.5 cast time that restores a bit of mana, the damage it does will matter because it would heal a player. Note: Telluric Currents would heal 100%, while Atonement only heals 90%; this is because Smite has an extra 10% spell power worth of scaling, in addition to ~1,000 extra static damage.
    • It would also promote anyone who wants to level as a Restoration Shaman. :P

New = Underlined.

Tidal Waves
    Passive
    When you cast Chain Heal or Riptide, you gain the Tidal Waves effect, which reduces the cast time of your Healing Wave and Lightning Bolt spells by 30% and increases the critical effect chance of your Healing Surge spell by 70%. 2 charges.
    Telluric Currents
    Passive
    Your Lightning Bolt spell now restores 1.25% of your maximum mana each time it is cast instead of costing mana, and you instantly heal a nearby low health friendly target for 100% of the damage dealt.

If the Shaman is healed through Telluric Currents, the effect is reduced by 50%.
    Last edited by Blithe; 2014-04-27 at 05:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitheqt View Post
    How about these changes?

• Adding Lightning Bolt to Tidal Waves would promote healing while giving us the option to use a charge to cast a faster Lightning Bolt.
    • Adding an atonement effect to Lightning Bolt would add some more fun to the ability, instead of it just being a sluggish 2.5 cast time that restores a bit of mana, the damage it does will matter because it would heal a player. Note: Telluric Currents would heal 100%, while Atonement only heals 90%; this is because Smite has an extra 10% spell power worth of scaling, in addition to ~1,000 extra static damage.

New = Underlined.
    but then it will not be a tradeoff between healing and mana regeneration. Also seeing as they just removed Penance from Atonement to make it refund mana, I don't think they would made this change to Lighting Bolt
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

I dislike it. That way your Lightning Bolts are going to chew up your Tidal Waves charges, and you'll be stuck with HS if you need a fast heal. I preferred the gameplay of having LB as a "filler" that lets you keep your Tidal Waves stacks, allowing you to cast quick GHWs if necessary.

• Adding an atonement effect to Lightning Bolt...
    No thanks. The game needs less smart healing, not more. I suppose you could make LB heal your Earth Shield target, but I would prefer if it was balanced as a pure mana regeneration tool. The idea is to use it when you don't need healing, so making it also heal would make it rather clumsy.

It wouldn't make any difference. It's not as if you can actually die when leveling as a resto shaman.

Deleted
    I'd rather if they didn't try to force this new active mana replenishment system, it feels really clunky and unnecesary, the idea of a healer is that you are constantly casting heal spells and not having to try to dps in order to get back a small % of mana.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    You said Druid looked worse, but I just glanced over their tree and realized a few things..... specifically that Innervate only breaks when they use mana on a healing spell....

-The biggest "cheat" I found is this......They can also use their last tier talent "moment of clarity" which works with omen of clarity so they can cast heal spells for 5 seconds without using any mana. This means all they gotta do is time innervate with omen of clarity and they don't have to stop healing right away, only 3 out of 8 sec.
    I would put money on Blizzard tweaking things so that they cannot do this as, as you pointed out, that could be utterly broken.

Sounds good to me, even if lightning bolt can be slow at times. My biggest complaint is having to be stationary to regen or "dps".
    Stay salty my friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dislike it. That way your Lightning Bolts are going to chew up your Tidal Waves charges, and you'll be stuck with HS if you need a fast heal. I preferred the gameplay of having LB as a "filler" that lets you keep your Tidal Waves stacks, allowing you to cast quick GHWs if necessary.

No thanks. The game needs less smart healing, not more. I suppose you could make LB heal your Earth Shield target, but I would prefer if it was balanced as a pure mana regeneration tool. The idea is to use it when you don't need healing, so making it also heal would make it rather clumsy.

It wouldn't make any difference. It's not as if you can actually die when leveling as a resto shaman.
    Well, I'd like to see at least someone come up with an alternative to a boring, sluggish 2.5 second cast time for a petty 1.25% mana gain.

Well, I'd like to see at least someone come up with an alternative to a boring, sluggish 2.5 second cast time for a petty 1.25% mana gain.
    Would increasing the mana gain and reducing the casting time make it feel better?

10+ Year Old Account
    Would increasing the mana gain and reducing the casting time make it feel better?
    A 2.0 second cast time for a 1.0% mana gain wouldn't feel as bad as the current one, while still keeping the relative mana gain, and then you've still got room for haste effects to lower it even further technically turning that into a small portioned mana regeneration statistic increasing the amount of casts you're able to have per fight. Interesting.