Trouble melee attacking..

Hi,

Usually when I'm playing a melee class, I seem to be unable to attack the other player when I'm running after them... I'm literally right behind them and I cannot attack them? My FPS is 100 and my ms is usually 50-40. But if I have a melee class running after me they can literally attack me from 2 feet away? Does anyone else come across this problem? As it really effects if I get the kill sometimes

It's lag... either yours or theirs. It's the terrible thing about trying to backstab when you're right on top of them.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Quote Originally Posted by Cirayne24 View Post
    It's lag... either yours or theirs. It's the terrible thing about trying to backstab when you're right on top of them.
    This is one of the reasons, why I dont like that the Russian and European bgs are mixed now. I have nothing against russians, but usually there is alot of lag followed, which is just plain annoying.

But onto the topic, yes, it is the difference between the ms between you and the server, and then the server to your opponent and the other way around.