Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sykoex View Post
    I think I know why people call it a reskin though. What's described in that picture as a "remodel" is still called skin in the case of games like DOTA, Heroes of The Storm, Smite, etc so I can understand people using it in WoW too. Here's an example of different "skin" available for Kerrigan in HOTS that turns her into a succubus: http://i.imgur.com/GkPwGp0.jpg You can see that she has new elements like horns, more substantial wings, new outfit, and different textures but it's still called a "skin". That's just the terminology people use for when you take a base model/skeleton and change elements to make it different.
    Yeah, this guy with the crusade to fix terminology needs to realize that a LOT of terminology, in everything from tech to medicine to science changes once it goes mainstream and is no longer precisely accurate. Reskin is now basically ´based on the model of´. Also, it doesn´t help that there is no simple term to use instead of ´reskin´ in those situations. Remodel? reframe? and then you would have to add ´reskin´ on the end of it anyway. ´OMG, Blizzard is so lazy, this is just a remodeled, reframed and reskinned version of the Worgen´..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laylriana View Post
    I'm wondering about the clothes being worn in the movie shot. I haven't seen anything like that except for very low level armor. Looks more like something worn in Star Wars. Where's the huge shoulders.
    I was curious how they were going to handle that as well.

Deleted
    Is that Master Luwin from Game of Thrones on the right frame?! I am still very sceptical with "real" Actors for a warcraft movie...why won't they just do cinematics and make a movie out of that? would be better.. i am not sure how they will do orcs, trolls, tauren or even worgen in this movie...animated? actors in costumes? : / Will it look good in the end? It has to fit together somehow....if they make any wrong dicision with actors it will be very dissapointing to everyone who is looking forward this movie. I am not sure how they will manage this to be a great thing in the end..

10+ Year Old Account
    Edinburgh, Scotland. You know, that place with the castle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    OH MY GOD. Seriously, how fucking hard is it for people to learn this shit? IT'S A REMODEL of a Worgen Male, if it was a reskin it would look EXACTLY the same as the Worgen Model but only have a different color, this doesn't look like a Worgen at all apart from the animations.
    I know, right?

It's fucking astounding how people still don't understand this. It's been explained by myself, yourself and at least a good half a dozen other people in this thread and yet people are still posting 'reskin'. Despairing, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    and oh look a worgen reskin, for a race of cat people we knew nothing about
    Quote Originally Posted by ZwuckeL View Post
    Those tigers are worgen male reskins
    Case in point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stuartj1992 View Post
    I know, right?

It's fucking astounding how people still don't understand this. It's been explained by myself, yourself and at least a good half a dozen other people in this thread and yet people are still posting 'reskin'. Despairing, really.

Case in point.
    Who gives a shit about the correct term, point is shit is getting recycled instead of doing something brand new.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksora110 View Post
    Duncan Jones is aiming for a Lord of the Rings feel. Yes, it's going to feel uneven as we see it, but at the same time the concept remains the same. Just give them time and a chance (I hope) for a good movie. Not saying it's going to be better than Lord of the Rings trilogy and The Hobbit, it will be something to take it after is all.
    It'll be hardto beat lotro, but if it's not better than the bloated hobbit films it will be awful.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the film, some good talent. Incidently the backdrop on the monitor won't be the real one at this point.

Also lol at the people complaining about the "reskin".
    Last edited by Aesahaettr; 2014-04-25 at 03:50 PM.

they should so make the cats horde's new playable race ali got worgen we should get cat lol

OK about the Warcraft Movie pic

- The room IS Stormwind Throne Room (because we know there is a big portion of the story involving Stormwind and because the way it looks + they SAID that they will try and keep the overall look of the game but some things will have to be changed to be adapted to the big screen. AKA the guards armour. Also that on the wall is a Stormwind flag!
    - Another fact is that the movie is SHOT IN 3D. THE camera on that crane above Duncan is similar to the ones used in the new Hobbit movie (for those who saw the videos Peter Jackson uploaded to youtube about the on-set work, know what im talking about)
    - Another thing is the movie will be ALOT darker than we can see in the photo. AL heavy CGI movies are shot under alot of lighting because on post production they can add darkness and certain colors to the scenes. Also this is hapening so that the fine detail of the sets can be captured by the cameras.
    - About the 2 guys in the shot. They are farmers coming to the king for an audience (note the poor clothing)

Everything else is pure speculation...

I would love to have Saberon be a playable race.

Do want Sabreon.. (Sabermaw.. now? ) race. Really would like them playable at some point. (Neutral and able to choose sides like Pandaren) A guy can dream, right? They look so wicked. Also, I'm highly amused at the Blingtron 5000 wanting to fight other blings. Will there be Blingtron fighting pits? Take bets on which one will win? Would fit that savage world, after all.

It's a bit of a glaringly obvious remodel. I felt the same way about the Saurok in Mists of Pandaria.

Quote Originally Posted by BahamutOmega View Post
    Do want Sabreon.. (Sabermaw.. now? ) race. Really would like them playable at some point. (Neutral and able to choose sides like Pandaren) A guy can dream, right? They look so wicked. Also, I'm highly amused at the Blingtron 5000 wanting to fight other blings. Will there be Blingtron fighting pits? Take bets on which one will win? Would fit that savage world, after all.
    Yes, these models look great.
    I see several potential tie ins.
    Eg. Possible characters for HoTS)
    Or new class/ spec ala jaguar warrior etc.
    Also new worgen models will look like this.

Please let me be a Thundercat Please let me be a Thundercat Please let me be a Thundercat Please let me be a Thundercat

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    It's a bit of a glaringly obvious remodel. I felt the same way about the Saurok in Mists of Pandaria.
    The Skeleton is reused not the model itself. It takes a lot of work to do an actual new skeleton.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Glad to see some update on the movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Österreich or Austria for the english speaking
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    Do those cat folks come with Skooma?
    this one does not see skooma in this world.

15+ Year Old Account
    How freaking awesome is leopard man? Very!

not a new model, its Worgen model with different skin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by miguelcrespo85 View Post
    Worgen Skeleton. Worgen Skeleton. The model itself is new. @_@
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by miguelcrespo85 View Post
    Damn it child do you even know what skins/textures, models/meshes or skeletons/rigs are?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapheiros View Post
    This. Please can Blizzard get their act together and get the art department to start working on class balance. It's getting ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    It's like when you grunt when you hit the ball in tennis, the exhalation of air gives the shot more power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did anyone else catch the engineering: Ninjanite? LOL, this item has 0 charges. Yes, it really does have N charges. Thank you. Gotta love them helping dataminers out like that XD