Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am kind of torn with t-mog. I really like it, in the sense that I can make myself look alot cooler than I ever used to. I remember during Firelands, I had ALL of my tier set except the shoulders, which were from ZA. And I had them for months, and I looked like a right plonker, the shoulders totally ruined the look!

The first day t-mog came out, I had my set planned out already http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...st/Cien/simple
    And have kept it since. But since that day, I always used to get really nice whispers saying how cool it looked, then low and behold, the copycats begin. I have forgotten how many clones of myself I have seen running around on my server and through BGs too. I PvP alot, so I've been in a lot of BGs and have seen alot of other server look alikes too /

I hate that with transmog people aren't original, they just see something they want, farm endlessly till they have it and voila, another clone. I am just so glad that no one can get Benediction anymore, so I will still use that with pride It's possible I may end up changing the rest of my tmog now, makes me a bit sad that others have spoiled my fun WTB Transmog trademarks and patents

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love Transmog personally. It's one of the features that sometimes makes me interested in doing things. It's what has got me to do Challenge Modes, to run Old Content and sometimes do LFR for sets. I hated my Mage in Cataclysm, I only did PVP and I absolutely hated every single PVP Armor Set for Mages that Expansion. The sets were hideous, and when they brought out Transmog I rejoiced.

Transmog makes me look somewhat different to other people. Some of the sets I use I don't see regularly by others. Challenge Mode have the prestige of being earned, similar to current Heroic Tier Sets and Elite PVP Sets.

Not going to lie, some of the race/class combos I create are influenced by Transmog ;D
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    still wish white items where mogable

as my paladin has a imperial plate set and the only good matching gloves are white items
    Yes pls.

If Worgen starting gear was eligible for transmogrification, I'd be all over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Serve its purpose for letting you look how you want instead of looking like a giant clown?

Yes, yes it has served its purpose perfectly.

The only thing I'd like is a breakdown of transmog rules where they aren't conducive to things like "spec identity." I.e, all strength 2hers should be freely transmoggable with one another for all classes that can use them. Polearms and staves should be interchangeable with classes that can use them (excluding warriors, who can for some reason equip staves.)

I also think they should take a good look at the "no trasnmogging whites/grays" thing... many, many white/gray items share models, or even the same exact appearance, with transmogable items.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

transmog make me look awesome while wearing clown suit, served its purpose alright
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Yes, transmog was possibly the greatest addition to WoW by Blizzard, ever. I'd love to have t-mog restrictions removed, at least on grey/white items.

Though I presume people who loved to show their progress by wearing cool tier sets might be disappointed.

as my paladin has a imperial plate set and the only good matching gloves are white items
    Overlord's gloves or something like that aren't half bad for that set.

OT: Having transmog is a nice feature, but i wouldn't moan if they took it away. I can see pro's and con's for both sides.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Yes, transmog was possibly the greatest addition to WoW by Blizzard, ever. I'd love to have t-mog restrictions removed, at least on grey/white items.

Though I presume people who loved to show their progress by wearing cool tier sets might be disappointed.
    The beauty of it is, they can make their armor look however they want... so if they want to merge their fancy tier sets with the godawful off pieces that use models from different sets with non-matching colors to show what their armor looks like... more power to them.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

There is a bit lost since even the "hipster, I don't look like anyone else ever, but there are at least a handful of me around" all gravitate towards certain looks. Outside of PvP Gear, most people forgo the current look if it's dreadful and for good reason. To answer the question though, it has served it's purpose and will continue to do so.
    Stay salty my friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Overlord's gloves or something like that aren't half bad for that set.

OT: Having transmog is a nice feature, but i wouldn't moan if they took it away. I can see pro's and con's for both sides.
    There's no reason for them to take it away. Anyone you see complaining about other people having transmog needs to get their head out of their ass, simply put.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I'd say it has.

Though if I see another ing Paladin with T3 and Tabard of the Lightbringer, I'm gonna burn down Blizzard HQ.

This is just complaining for the sake of it. The argument that many people look the same is stupid since everybody already looked the same pre-transmogrification. It's pretty safe to say that people used to look MORE the same than they do now.

Deleted
    transmog wasnt added because everyone looked different. it was added because everyone started to look the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say...yes. Yes it has served it's purpose. I know they're working to make it a better service in the game and I hope they look over some of their restrictions... I have a white set of leather gear I REALLY want for my monk, and it's only available in the color I want as a white item.

And these are just the ones on my Hunter main. You should see some of the others I have put together on different toons. Working towards a different transmog for each month. Wearing the Outrunner set currently.

There are exceptionally few items from WotLK and up that I actually like. Even the raid gear is bland a lot of the time. That's not to say that they aren't good pieces, just that I, personally, don't like them. Transmogging saved me from the dread of wearing gear I can't stand to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Which is the greatest shame, since I left mid 4.2, they announced it just at the point I decided to quit.

EDIT: In case anyone was wondering what I was farming, this was what i was farming, I finished two sets, one for my paladin, and one for my shaman.

Since Plate Armor can't be transmogrified to look like mail, I cant use it for my paladin unfortunately, but my Enhancement shaman can wear it in his stead at the very least.

I had another set that I made sure was plate afterwards when i heard about transmog. This was the one I was going to use before I quit.
    Oh, wow... I really hope they open up Mail transmog for Paladins. I love that first one. Although, that belt....not a fan of that g-string belt.

WTB "the Narcissistic" title for people who spend 25K on transmog/Barber shop usage. I'd probably have it by now.
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2014-04-25 at 09:09 AM.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

I prefer to see 10 warriors with a complete set of T16 and the possibility some will look different than those same warriors looking exactly the same for the sake of raiding. Same opinion applies to PvP.

I also prefer to wear the most ugly set of all than to mismatch...

Having that said however, I agree there isn't much variety still. Something on the lines of a dye system I'm sure will make this shallow well much deeper.

Tmog has been a god send for my alts

The thought of my alts all sporting those horrible timeless isle gear makes me wanna wretch

I have spent hours and hours doing old raids and has given old raids a huge breath of life thanks to tmog

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sinic View Post

Having that said however, I agree there isn't much variety still. Something on the lines of a dye system I'm sure will make this shallow well much deeper.
    The only problem is, many "alternate colors" already exist for items as other actual items (in fact, most items are that way.) And things like dyes would be hard to make cut-and-dry in WoW, as the items were never really designed with that in mind.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Challenge mode set? pfft! Try getting a full set of Lofty/Jade armour. THAT'S a challenge!

- - - Updated - - -

Their artwork is redundant without transmog, considering it old gear will see little to no use when new gear comes out - If anything it encourages them to create better artwork since it will actually have a use after it is replaced by new gerar

Without transmog, we'd look mostly the same anyway. Never got that argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Flynn View Post
    Challenge mode set? pfft! Try getting a full set of Lofty/Jade armour. THAT'S a challenge!
    Pfft... I got Jade, Tyrant, Saltstone, Glorious, Vanguard, Lofty and Enchanted Thorium. Now bow to me!

Though it's not full sets, usually only chest and legs. For reasons.

I love transmogrification, especially now that they made fist weapons available for both hands.

What makes me cringe though is those people in FULL T6. And by full, I mean including belts and boots THAT ARE DESIGNED TO FIT THE FUCKING SUNWELL ARMOR NOT ACTUAL T6 GOD DAMMIT.