Page 52 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    I'd just use the whole "feared for my life" defense and "2 against 1" and well..quite frankly you're in my house and you're not allowed to be so0o yeah. Sucks people are dumb enough to break into houses still, this is what happens. Bad things happen to bad people.
    And then the ballistics report indicates that you shot the girl through the jaw while she was lying on the ground and you go to prison all the same.

Unless they are armed and breaking in, I'd kill them

If they are unarmed, i'll shoot them non-lethally and call the police

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DTFlock View Post

"Shoot them non-lethally". lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aundas View Post
    How much time will I give you though to determine if I'm a threat? Its a basic fight or flight response and its different with everyone. If you catch me in the act will I drop the stereo and bolt? Or will I vault over the couch with a knife? If you choose incorrectly things could go very poorly for you, you might get prosecuted, or if I'm the fighter, killed. Things have already gone downhill for me, I know I've made a mistake, done something illegal. Do I run and get caught later or try to silence you now? I'm probably screwed no matter what I choose (because I put myself in your house) but you are just in the wrong place at the wrong time. And the place happens to be your legal residence. That's a great situation to find yourself in, and while I agree that this guy went too far in his response, I don't believe he asked to be put in that situation. The kids should've stayed home and played video games. Or stayed at home and did drugs or really anything besides breaking into someone else's house.
    Read the article man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    "Shoot them non-lethally". lol
    If you're lucky maybe.

Or in the movies.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Death Penalty. NEXT.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghazan Julio View Post
    Death Penalty. NEXT.
    The state of Minnesota hasn't executed anyone since the beginning of the 20th century.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdatik View Post
    The state of Minnesota hasn't executed anyone since the beginning of the 20th century.
    Slackers...

You have psychic powers to determine whether they are armed or not?

10+ Year Old Account
    “I want him dead.” Saying this about a kid who broke into your house and shooting him point blank in the head execution style is not defending your property. That's straight up murder.

Deleted
    If you live in an armed society, particularly in a state that holds the "Castle doctrine" you know the risk when you break into another persons house.

They won't rob another house, and he won't ever be robbed by them again. If you think that they deserved any less than they got you're a fool. They could have done anything to him had he not had the ability to defend himself. You do not break into another persons house.

If they weren't criminals in the first place they would still be alive. This is the same think as the stand your ground law. Don't want to get shot? Don't attack people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Or, if you happen to be a black kid walking home from the store, don't get attacked by anyone else.
    Pretty sure the verdict was innocent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or, if you happen to be a black kid walking home from the store, don't get attacked by anyone else.
    Pretty sure if trayvon Martin had been white George Zimmerman would be in death row right now.

Deleted
    Yeah, like I said, make sure you don't get attacked.
    That suggests that Trayvon didn't attack him. Which the defense had plenty of evidence for. Young lean football player, tall, strong, history of violence and burglary. VS Neighborhood watch asthmatic with an eating disorder. I'm sure he started it, having grass stains on his back and a broken nose, as well as not a shred of evidence that his fists were used in any form of attack.

He's innocent in the eyes of law, move on. One less thug in the world.

You must be one of the best gunners in the world to confidently make such a statement.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the girl was shot 5 times in the chest, yet people are upset about the sixth shot that was a 'good, clean finishing shot.' What do you think her chances of survival were before the paramedics got there after taking five in the chest?

Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    So the girl was shot 5 times in the chest, yet people are upset about the sixth shot that was a 'good, clean finishing shot.' What do you think her chances of survival were before the paramedics got there after taking five in the chest?
    It doesn't matter. The ME testified that the last shot is what killed her. He's going to be guilty of at least one count. At his age, that's a life sentence.

Irrelevant. The minute you execute a person, regardless of their future chances of survival, you are no longer defending yourself, you are committing an act of murder.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're in a car accident and things don't look good, should I put you out of your misery or call the ambulance?
    Put me out of my misery (then you can stand trial for murder I suppose).

What you consider murder, I consider mercy (yes, we'll see how it plays out in court).
    Last edited by Naxere; 2014-04-28 at 01:33 PM.

What you consider murder, I consider mercy (yes, we'll see how it plays out in court).
    His security system never recorded any sort of consent. Unless of course her laughing at him when his rifle jammed (before he finished her) is considered consent now.