Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    With these changes i can pretty much tell you that you'll stay in sanctuary and spam renew and CoH 24/7 as long as mana allows since these 2 spells got immensely buffed. Renew with passives counted in is stronger than rejuvenation for example and CoH does almost triple healing than it does on live.
    dont you think renew would get nerfed then?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    Probably. Otherwise you've just created ICC Druids again (and all the complaints that come with that style of blanketing).

Circle of Healing hasn't gone up to 12 seconds yet, has it? Under the current build, what sort of effective cooldown would we be looking at for CoH with Renew rolling?
    Last edited by mmocbb91367365; 2014-04-25 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    Yes it most likely will just like it did got killed in cata because they didn't like how a holy priest was basically playing like a resto druid by pressing renew and CoH,PoM on cd but for now renew spamming is the most effective way to play.

I get how the long lasting hatred towards chakra makes everyone happy about this... Just when the healing model would allow switching chakras to actually make sense and really be a bonus instead of a penalty.

Now they can focus on the spell interaction, holy word's, and the chakra bonuses without worrying about affecting hps through retarded % bonuses. YESSSSSS.

Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    I get how the long lasting hatred towards chakra makes everyone happy about this... Just when the healing model would allow switching chakras to actually make sense and really be a bonus instead of a penalty.
    It would never be a bonus because Holy Priests would never be 10% better at AoE healing than any other healer, same with ST. Therefore that means when you're in Sanc you are healing at 100% of AoE effectiveness and 90% of single target effectiveness. Not 110% and 100%.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derevka View Post
    http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php...p=49645#p49645

I am not sold on them yet... at all. I predict a good deal of passing before this goes live.
    Now there isn't *enough* reason to be in a particular Chakra that gives Chakra a flavor. I still think they should add 10% Crit to Serenity (all spells), 10% Haste to Sanctuary (all spells), and 10% Multistrike to Chastise (all spells).

- - - Updated - - -

Plus I don't see Chakra: Chastise staying full healing with +50% damage. They will probably have healing reduced by some amount (-10%) while in red chakra.

Deleted
    Yay! No more chakra penalty!

However... I'm thinking... Being in a particular chakra won't really feel particularly special now. Perhaps they could make them slightly more interesting?

Red Chakra sounds alright to me. 50% increased damage, regen, holy word: chastise (though it would be nice to up the damage on this to make it worth casting). Sounds useful for times when there isn't much healing to do. With FDCL proccing from Smites to heal and build Serendipity for any other larger heals required, it sounds fairly appropriate for low-damage phases.
    Yellow Chakra feels okay, with Holy Word: Serenity being buffed and having the renew refreshes (I hope they do not remove this from cascade!) but I feel like it could definitely use something more. Perhaps having ST-heal casts have a chance to reset the CD on serenity or have its next use not trigger the CD to promote more ST healing? I'm not sure but overall it feels okay, but quite a small change.
    Blue Chakra feels lacklustre. Holy Word: Sanctuary is crap. There. We all know it. It heals for miniscule amounts. The CoH CD reduction is nice, but perhaps limit it to AoE Healing Spells (PoM, PoH, 90 Talent, Sanctuary) but have the CD reduction be stronger, such as 1s, promoting more AoE healing usage in that Chakra.

I quite like Darkener's thoughts on the flat bonuses to each chakra, but I think it would make more sense to have: 10% Haste to Serenity (for renews and quick heals), 10% Crit to Chastise (Increased damage), and 10% Mastery to Sanctuary.

They mentioned on tweets before that they want the Holy Words to have a lot more significance. This gives them the opportunity to shift the power of being in a chakra from a static % increase, to interesting mechanics. I guess we just have to wait and see what these interesting mechanics are. I agree that Blue chakra is the worst off as of now, and I don't think reducing the CD of CoH is a very interesting mechanic. I think that the bonuses you get from each chakra should be more utility based, rather than just reducing cool-downs and increasing throughput.

Also, why don't they have casting spells reduce the cd of the holy words, rather than CoH? Think it would make more sense than reducing the cd of a totally different spell (CoH).
    Last edited by AlereanJr; 2014-04-25 at 08:56 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, small victories though. Mazi is still doing her cartwheels, no sense overwhelming the devs with things it will take them 5 years to realize is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    Yes, small victories though. Mazi is still doing her cartwheels, no sense overwhelming the devs with things it will take them 5 years to realize is needed.
    One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    It would never be a bonus because Holy Priests would never be 10% better at AoE healing than any other healer, same with ST. Therefore that means when you're in Sanc you are healing at 100% of AoE effectiveness and 90% of single target effectiveness. Not 110% and 100%.
    It could be tuned to be 110% and 100%. Even 105% - 95%. The game will no longer be "top everyone in two casts", chakra bonuses would be meaningful now. I'm kinda disappointed that they'd not give it a good try first.

(Before the flaming starts: YES chakra sucks right now.)

It could be tuned to be 110% and 100%. Even 105% - 95%. The game will no longer be "top everyone in two casts", chakra bonuses would be meaningful now. I'm kinda disappointed that they'd not give it a good try first.

I don't think they would ever tune it to be 110%. An inherent advantage to a spec like that? Don't think it's very likely, especially since we are talking about Holy.

But they were never and never will be bonuses.

But they were never and never will be bonuses.
    This. Because no matter what bonus we get from a stance, we lose power in another area. The period of time we are stuck in these stances just means we don't have the flexibility to shift our focus quickly and efficiently. Even if its not a massive change, its still a big step imo.

15+ Year Old Account
    A small step for the devs, a big step for Holy Priests.

Removing the % makes 1 big difference; we can use all our heals at any time (like every other healer, imagine this restrictions on other classes) without feeling chills for casting weak spells. Finally!!!

Still theres plenty of work to do. What will the meaning be with our stances? Imo we do not need more than 2 stances to play this game; Dps and Heal. You want button bloat? Cause Holy could use it. Remove Chakras and stances completly. Now those are buttons I wouldnt miss.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this. Will make being in the wrong chakra less penalizing and still provide a gameplay boost for being in the right chakra

Chakra penalty is gone. We did it. Between the forums, twitter, my question/statement at Blizzcon, by golly we did it.

Now let's hope it sticks.

Also 2 weeks after I quit wow, lol.
    YOUR QUESTION?! Girl, don't be lying that you stole that shit from me, whole reason I even went. z('-')-
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    YOUR QUESTION?! Girl, don't be lying that you stole that shit from me, whole reason I even went. z('-')-
    I didn't steal anything. I went before you, lol.

I didn't steal anything. I went before you, lol.
    I was EIGHT PEOPLE behind you before you asked it, and rehearsing out loud. <.<
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~